Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Counting the Days 'Til Roland Duchatelet Sells Charlton Athletic

Comments

• Options
    3blokes deserves a like and lol
    I heard he loves his rock and roll
    It would be music to his ears
    we could turn back the years
    If Roland would get on his bike
    It would be statesmanlike
    Take a tandem with Daisy
    That women seems so lazy
    we would sing Valley Floyd road
    Unfettered joy would Explode
    The CEO has been known to lie
    We are Charlton till we die

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Day 983.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck....
  • Options
    Day 984.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck....
  • Options
    Day 985.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck.....
  • Options
    3blokes, you've got to be one of the most reliable people ever. I check CL in the morning, spot your thread - usually with '1 new' - and there you are. How do you remember to post? I hope Roland and the Belgians aren't the first thing you think of when you wake up. On the positive side though, if you didn't post one morning there would be a large number of lifers who would realise something is wrong and alert the relevant authorities.
  • Options
    3blokes said:

3blokes, you've got to be one of the most reliable people ever. I check CL in the morning, spot your thread - usually with '1 new' - and there you are. How do you remember to post? I hope Roland and the Belgians aren't the first thing you think of when you wake up. On the positive side though, if you didn't post one morning there would be a large number of lifers who would realise something is wrong and alert the relevant authorities.

It's now my life's work, Arsene :smile:
    I wouldn't say Roland gets me up in the morning, because that is a terrible thought for all sorts of reasons,( :neutral: )but in a very small way, it just sort of says we want you gone, Roland, and we are counting the days till you have.
    And I have wondered if I would change my tune a bit, as many of us might be tempted, if we were flying high in the Championship in a season or two.
    I think both of those remain unlikely scenarios
    Given what we know, I cannot see high flying Charlton as a particular goal of any real importance to this man.
    You would not have got a 20 year old "scout" with a laptop, if it was. You would not have kept our current CEO if it was. You would have run the club with some sensible advisors if it was.
    Yes there has been a shift in strategy. Well, about time, because the club was in disarray. And there still remains a lot of the old flaws just waiting to resurface imho.
    And finally, Charlton with Roland at the helm, simply doesn't feel like Charlton. Maybe that is simply the greatest obstacle to supporting his tenure.
    He just doesn't get it.

100% this
  • Options
    3blokes said:

I wouldn't say Roland gets me up in the morning, because that is a terrible thought for all sorts of reasons,( :neutral: )but in a very small way, it just sort of says we want you gone, Roland, and we are counting the days till you have.
    And I have wondered if I would change my tune a bit, as many of us might be tempted, if we were flying high in the Championship in a season or two.
    Given what we know, I cannot see high flying Charlton as a particular goal of any real importance to this man.
    You would not have got a 20 year old "scout" with a laptop, if it was. You would not have kept our current CEO if it was. You would have run the club with some sensible advisors if it was.
    Yes there has been a shift in strategy. Well, about time, because the club was in disarray. And there still remains a lot of the old flaws just waiting to resurface imho.
    And finally, Charlton with Roland at the helm, simply doesn't feel like Charlton. Maybe that is simply the greatest obstacle to supporting his tenure.
    He just doesn't get it.

A perfect summary of the situation at Charlton IMO.

The wider picture is that fooball has become a business, we all know that but you have to run that business competently and with some background knowledge and understanding of what you are buying into. For example, it is rumoured that the Venkys didn't know that teams could be relegated from the Prem when they bought Blackburn. Whether this is true or not their subsequent turn over of managers and relegation against a background of fan protests has a familiar ring.

Unfortunately for Charlton, Duchatelet is a maverick and a chancer outside of the one area where he is successful (in electronic components) and he is quite simply not going to change. Nor it seems is Meire who already must account as being the worst CEO ever to have graced (in her case disgraced) the Football League (and for this she was rewarded by a place on the FA Council!).

If it comes, success on the pitch will be achieved despite the owner not because of him (or Meire) so you are quite right to perceive that footballing success can never atone for the damage already done to the club by Duchatelet and his oh so deluded clown of a CEO.

Keep up the good work.

• Options
    3blokes said:

He just doesn't get it.

100%
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited September 2016
    3blokes said:

He just doesn't get it.

100% this! Oh Fuck!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Day 986.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Day 987.
    Like a whelk clinging on to a rock, he's still here.
    Oh FUCK!.....

(Btw I don't know if whelks do cling on to rocks but if not, something fishy that does)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Duchatelet's tenure is already longer than Gerald's Ford's 895 days
    (when was Ford owner of CAFC ?)
    It's looking like JFK 1036 days will be passed soon.
    If he reaches Franklin Delano Roosevelt time in office ?
    Oh fuck...........
  • Options
    "(Btw I don't know if whelks do cling on to rocks but if not, something fishy that does) "
    Limpets?
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

"(Btw I don't know if whelks do cling on to rocks but if not, something fishy that does) "
    Limpets?

Yeah they'll do :smile:

• Options
    Mermaids
  • Options

Mermaids

They might be a bit too attractive for the analogy to fully work :smiley:
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Day 988 and Day 989.
    The Best Owner Of A Football Club Ever is very busy this morning in his shed organising things for his My 1000 Days Of Charlton Athletic Party. He has decided to really push the boat out for this one, and he is trawling the net to buy a reconditioned party popper on eBay.
    It's going to be a wild one in the shed next week...
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck..
  • Options
    Day 990.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck.......
  • Options
    What ever happened to that news we were promised that wasn't transfer related?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3blokes said:

Day 990.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck.......

I do wonder if someone in Belgium is doing something similar with regard to recording Duchatelet's days in office as leader of the Vivant political movement.
    If so then a rough calculation might come out as 6,570 excluding leap year days!

Oh fok............

• Options
    edited September 2016
    It's probably an international movement for all we know. Probably everyone involved with him in whatever capacity thinks - count - and let's tot up the days till he's gone as well... :wink:
  • Options
    3blokes said:

It's probably an international movement for all we know. Probably everyone involved with him in whatever capacity thinks - count - and let's tot up the days till he's gone as well... :wink:

Be!gian version of "neighbours from hell"

Day 2,972

that weirdos still lives next door

Oh fok
  • Options
    Day 991.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck....
  • Options
    Day 992.
    He's still here, ilke Japanese Knotweed.
    Oh fuck....
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Day 992.
    Oh fuck....

A friend of mine is having her Japanese Knotweed removed - £1500 for the whole garden
  • Options
    mind you - if they only removed it from half the garden it would come back
  • Options
    edited September 2016

3blokes said:

Day 992.
    Oh fuck....

A friend of mine is having her Japanese Knotweed removed - £1500 for the whole garden
    Now that is an overgrown lady garden.
  • Options

3blokes said:

Day 992.
    Oh fuck....

I wonder if they can clear Belgian Knotweed?