Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Why all the bad comments against ceballos? He played less than 5 times, got injured, rushed back by the worst, most clueless and inept manager we have ever had. I've seen him play probably for less than 180 minutes (probably like most people posting on here). He wasn't a major disappointment like ba, sarr, big mak etc. I definitely don't think he is worth writing off until he has got more minutes under his belt. (My comments are based on me not seeing him at welling yesterday)

Based on the one flubbed corner, no doubt
  • Joel Ekstrand would be a good signing. Leeds are after him but Charlton might be interested as well.
  • edited July 2016
    JiMMy 85 said:

vff said:

Another injury for Diarra, may put other clubs off, and give a better chance for him to stay at Charlton. Diarra is probably too good for league one though, even if he does get really crocked.

It's amazing how many of our relegated players are 'too good for league one'.
    And some are good enough for the premier league!!! Would love to see some evidence.
    Hope Slade gets rid of 90% of the losers tbh and gets to build his own team.
    Was gutted when we have sold Parker, Shelvey and Gomez before as you just knew they would go on to play at a higher level and should of stayed at the club for a season or two more but can you see any of the current crop doing likewise.
    Maybe Lookman but thats it.
  • Great post
  • colin1961 said:

Why all the bad comments against ceballos? He played less than 5 times, got injured, rushed back by the worst, most clueless and inept manager we have ever had. I've seen him play probably for less than 180 minutes (probably like most people posting on here). He wasn't a major disappointment like ba, sarr, big mak etc. I definitely don't think he is worth writing off until he has got more minutes under his belt. (My comments are based on me not seeing him at welling yesterday)

He was good yesterday , few more games under his belt and I think he could be if he wants to stay a key player
    There must be something there. Slade was in his ear a few times yesterday. Be interested to see if he can get 10/15 games under his belt (not Slade, I think he is more of a braces man) and judge him on that.

My initial though a too lightweight and bit of a luxury player. Old cliche, but would he fancy it at Rochdale on a Tuesday night?
  • edited July 2016

colin1961 said:

Why all the bad comments against ceballos? He played less than 5 times, got injured, rushed back by the worst, most clueless and inept manager we have ever had. I've seen him play probably for less than 180 minutes (probably like most people posting on here). He wasn't a major disappointment like ba, sarr, big mak etc. I definitely don't think he is worth writing off until he has got more minutes under his belt. (My comments are based on me not seeing him at welling yesterday)

He was good yesterday , few more games under his belt and I think he could be if he wants to stay a key player
    There must be something there. Slade was in his ear a few times yesterday. Be interested to see if he can get 10/15 games under his belt (not Slade, I think he is more of a braces man) and judge him on that.

My initial though a too lightweight and bit of a luxury player. Old cliche, but would he fancy it at Rochdale on a Tuesday night?
    Problem solved. Rochdale are in league 2
    I meant for next season :blush:

I didn't realise they were in L2.
  • They're L1.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

colin1961 said:

I saw it differently. He put a couple of terrible crosses in and then had that ridiculous "shot" that didn't even make it into the penalty area and on each occasion Slade bristled - after the shot he shook his head, looked very pissed off and whispered something to Simon Clarke who shrugged and agreed with him.

I also think the cross to Ajose for the goal was a miss-hit shot.

I agree that there is potential but he is so light weight that I can't see him ever making it in English football.
  • They are in league 1 mate only joking, by the way the away game is on a Saturday;-)
  • Cebellos needs to do a hell of a lot more to appear convincing.
  • I thought he seemed to want to get stuck in alot more yesterday than he seemed before. Thought he made a few good passes and crosses (alot better than that corner last season) but agree he made some poor decisions too. Cabt judge too much on a welling friendly but i do think he showed hes more capable than previously shown. Think hes got alot more to offer!
  • Doesn't Ceballos need to be a completely different player to appear convincing?

Perhaps that's a bit harsh, he hasn't had a lot of game time and maybe he's just rusty. Or just good on the training pitch.
  • Doesn't Ceballos need to be a completely different player to appear convincing?

Perhaps that's a bit harsh, he hasn't had a lot of game time and maybe he's just rusty. Or just good on the training pitch.

He did seem to be highly regarded at Spurs, so must have something about him
  • Why all the bad comments against ceballos? He played less than 5 times, got injured, rushed back by the worst, most clueless and inept manager we have ever had. I've seen him play probably for less than 180 minutes (probably like most people posting on here). He wasn't a major disappointment like ba, sarr, big mak etc. I definitely don't think he is worth writing off until he has got more minutes under his belt. (My comments are based on me not seeing him at welling yesterday)

• People cry out for more creativity in midfield, then when we get one people take an instant dislike to him because he doesn't put in 50 tackles a game and score a hat trick of 30 yard ears on his debut and make 5 assists.

We're currently a tinpot club playing in a tinpot league. Any genuinely creative player we can afford, be they Ceballos or someone else, is like to be a bit lightweight and drift in and out of games a bit.

Not many complete midfielders kicking around in League 1.

Interestingly Slade picked Ceballos in the, stronger, second half team yesterday. I thought I read somewhere that Slade likes a 442 with one 'proper' winger (presumably Holmes) and one wide mid tucking in more on the other side. If that is accurate, that wide mid role could potentially suit Ceballos, I suspect. It was a system Curbs used to use to good effect. Likewise Parky and Powell.

Found it interesting that Holmes had played right wing for a lot of games at Northampton but we played him on the left. Likewise Harriott started on the right yesterday
  • People cry out for more creativity in midfield, then, when we get one, people take an instant dislike to him because he doesn't put in 50 tackles a game and score a hat trick of 30 yarders on his debut and make 5 assists.

We're currently a tinpot club playing in a tinpot league. Any genuinely creative player we can afford, be they Ceballos or someone else, is likely to be a bit lightweight and drift in and out of games a bit.

Not many complete midfielders kicking around in League 1.

Interestingly Slade picked Ceballos in the, stronger, second half team yesterday. I thought I read somewhere that Slade likes a 442 with one 'proper' winger (presumably Holmes) and one wide mid tucking in more on the other side. If that is accurate, that wide mid role could potentially suit Ceballos, I suspect. It was a system Curbs used to use to good effect. Likewise Parky and Powell.

Interesting what you say about a 'proper' winger and one that tucks in. Holmes looked OK yesterday, but certainly not a conventional winger and never looked to beat his man on the outside with pace. He mostly drifted around looking to play balls into the strikers or the overlapping THD.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
  • Two bob report, nothing in there about how he was originally our player and swiped away from us by the greedy shitbags
  • colin1961 said:

His legs have gone.
  • Did he come with legs?
  • Did he come with legs?

Don't worry our medical team will find them... well they must surely?
  • I'm not sure, think they are probably ringing up Lego and asking them why there was a piece missing in bag 1.
  • Jordan cousins has just started following Matty Phillips on Instagram . Defo off to West Brom
  • As much as I'd love to take that as the joke it is meant to be- I reckon that's probably not a coincidence.
  • Would be surprised if Cousins got a move to a prem club
  • colin1961 said:

His legs have gone.
    Groin strain