Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Essex_Al said:

boogica said:

sammy391 said:

Have I missed something in regards to o'hara ? The article from the SLP I read said we had not been interested when he was offered to us

Don't believe all you read .
    You've already posted this boogica, what do you know?
    He knows Jamie so therefore knows more than most of us on here

• Essex_Al said:

boogica said:

sammy391 said:

Have I missed something in regards to o'hara ? The article from the SLP I read said we had not been interested when he was offered to us

Don't believe all you read .
    You've already posted this boogica, what do you know?
    He knows Jamie so therefore knows more than most of us on here

F***** you there Al!
  • Let's hope we make another good signing.
  • edited July 2016
    SLP reporting Burnley will move for JBGand Pope.
  • I heard a rumour that dignitas are having a sale, can we have a whip-round and transfer Colin ?. Getting bored of this place being 1 mans bullshit show and trawling through it for actual news.
  • shine166 said:

I heard a rumour that dignitas are having a sale, can we have a whip-round and transfer Colin ?. Getting bored of this place being 1 mans bullshit show and trawling through it for actual news.

1st post of the day and he gets a mention lol
    colin1961 said:

Brighton were hoping to sell Dale Stephens to Burnley and replace him with Cousins ....
    Source Brighton season ticket holder who moves around the right circles on match days

Have Brighton played many matches since end of last season?
  • edited July 2016
  • I would offer a contract to aneke and baxter as they both have high potential, baxter may have some issues but maybe slade could manage him right?
  • Aneke had a good season in div 1 a couple of years ago didn't do much on loan in Belguim though
  • Sponsored links:

• Julian Gray is out of contract...
  • Dr Kish reporting that Bergdich no playing today as not yet returned to club.

• Shrew said:
    At least 9 on the first page have been with us at some point....couldn't be bothered to trawl though the other pages.

Out of that list, and I know his 34, but Matt Taylor could be a good signing.
  • Matt Taylor agreed would be good even @ 34 quality
  • Am I the only one that thinks some of those ages seem wrong? Players seem much older than ages stated.
  • shine166 said:

I heard a rumour that dignitas are having a sale, can we have a whip-round and transfer Colin ?. Getting bored of this place being 1 mans bullshit show and trawling through it for actual news.

1st post of the day and he gets a mention lol

I made the mistake of reading the last 7 pages of 'rumours', probably just easier to avoid this thread all together
  • sam3110 said:

ALF would be a great signing, him, Novak, Ajose and one of Lookman or Watt (won't keep both, I'd prefer to keep Lookman but he's a bigger saleable asset)

Still think we need another 2 centre backs if Tex leaves (1 if he doesn't) cover for right back, a creative midfielder and a left winger (again only if Ceballos and Lookman leave)

Hoping we'll have 4 or 5 trialists today, who can forget some of the names from a few years ago, like Jacobo Ovejero, Sam Williams, Michal Smejkal, Bauza and Esajas

Chris Mccready at centre half as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

Adam Le Fondre told he's not part of cardiffs plans and made to train with the under 21s. Sign him up!!

Would make sense but under this ownership? We'll probably keep one of Watt or Lookman and one of the u21s will be our 4th choice striker.
  • Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Adam Le Fondre told he's not part of cardiffs plans and made to train with the under 21s. Sign him up!!

Would make sense but under this ownership? We'll probably keep one of Watt or Lookman and one of the u21s will be our 4th choice striker.
    Do we need him now that we have Ajose?
  • Be brilliant if we managed to keep Watt and Lookman and did bring in ALF. Lookman played a lot out wide and with League One centre backs, Slade maybe tempted to keep him wide to save him getting kicked and bullied every game.

Ajose, Novak, Le Fondre, Watt and Lookman, added to Holmes and Harriott, would be very attacking and should get plenty of goals in League One.

But that's probably unlikely but on paper right now would look exciting.
  • ALF would be a great signing but very unlikely, there'll be a number of mid-table Championship teams after him.

Including Wolves who he was with last season or Reading and Rotherham who he has had spells with in the past.
  • Sage said:

Be brilliant if we managed to keep Watt and Lookman and did bring in ALF. Lookman played a lot out wide and with League One centre backs, Slade maybe tempted to keep him wide to save him getting kicked and bullied every game.

Ajose, Novak, Le Fondre, Watt and Lookman, added to Holmes and Harriott, would be very attacking and should get plenty of goals in League One.

I hate sticking pacey strikers out wide, as it rarely works. Wide players need to be able to cross the ball and create chances for other players, whereas pacey strikers need to play through the middle of the shoulder of the centre backs

Jamie Vardy is a typical example, you either play him through the middle or not at all
  • Sage said:

Be brilliant if we managed to keep Watt and Lookman and did bring in ALF. Lookman played a lot out wide and with League One centre backs, Slade maybe tempted to keep him wide to save him getting kicked and bullied every game.

I hate sticking pacey strikers out wide, as it rarely works. Wide players need to be able to cross the ball and create chances for other players, whereas pacey strikers need to play through the middle of the shoulder of the centre backs

Jamie Vardy is a typical example, you either play him through the middle or not at all
    I agree mate, I wasn't saying that's what I would do but just going not on past teams and positions that Lookman has played. Slade may deploy the same tactic. He has the technical ability to play out wide, but to play through the middle is where we should see the best of Lookman.
  • edited July 2016
    So 4 trialists today. Buxton, Crofts, Pike and Emmanuel Sunupe a 20 right sided midfielder from the Spuds.
  • Private Pike?
  • Don't tell em your name pike
  • Agreed...........this Colin 'lark' just ain't funny and it is boring now, why doesn't everyone just let him say/post what he likes?
    If it's a load of bollocks......it doesn't really matter does it?..........and if it's true, he won't get any credit!
    In other words.......starve him!
    Happy days.......

stop going on about him then</blockquote
    Cheeky git!..................................its the first time I've commented on poor old Col!!!