Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Should have been a good player, and when he scored in the cup game I thought he looked decent, but it didn't work out for him
  • http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=119040

bye, bye Zach - thanks for the memories !!

4 Year Contract! Good grief.

• I do hope we are not paying him off.
  • Crazy. Another player we are just letting go. if people don't want to play for us then that is fine they can leave, but we must be better at off loading players. Unless its been terminated with mutual consent so there is no charge to the club. If there is a cost involved then Oh My God!!!
  • We gave him a 4yr deal. we better have got away with mutual termination otherwise its another K bitch special!
  • http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=119040

bye, bye Zach - thanks for the memories !!

The Belgium version of "Football Manager" needs burning along with that sofa
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

"Charlton handed him a contract until 2019 - and his transfer symbolises the botched nature of deals before Russell Slade arrived as manager earlier this summer."

It just goes to show that contracts are worthless. ZB has effectively gone on strike by not reporting back for training and he's got his way by getting a free transfer. Glad he's going but should we be holding out for a transfer fee?
  • _MrDick said:

"Charlton handed him a contract until 2019 - and his transfer symbolises the botched nature of deals before Russell Slade arrived as manager earlier this summer."

It just goes to show that contracts are worthless. ZB has effectively gone on strike by not reporting back for training and he's got his way by getting a free transfer. Glad he's going but should we be holding out for a transfer fee?
    You will probably find he was told not to bother coming in for training BECAUSE they wern't interested in keeping him. May be wrong though.
  • _MrDick said:

You will probably find he was told not to bother coming in for training BECAUSE they wern't interested in keeping him. May be wrong though.
    Posibly but that isn't what the SLP is saying. Reads more like his not return to get a move. Wouldn't be surprised if that suits the club as well but still a poor deal as the SLP says.

Also with a new manager it should be down to Slade to have a look at him and then move him on not the CEO or whoever to pay him off/sack him before Slade has a chance to decide.
  • _MrDick said:

Posibly but that isn't what the SLP is saying. Reads more like his not return to get a move. Wouldn't be surprised if that suits the club as well but still a poor deal as the SLP says.

Also with a new manager it should be down to Slade to have a look at him and then move him on not the CEO or whoever to pay him off/sack him before Slade has a chance to decide.
    Agree with the last paragraph Henry, but sadly we don't operate under what should happen anymore :(
  • I do hope we are not paying him off.

Of course we will be. He is/was a full international coming from La Liga. He will be on decent money, why on earth would he give up 3 years at around 3-5k per week?

Even if we negotiate a pay off of say 2 years and he is on 3k a week you are looking at £456,000 in wages alone for the 1 year he has spent with is.

Jesus wept.
    saying that he hasn't turned up for training. a 'sackable' offence maybe?
  • _MrDick said:

Agree with the last paragraph Henry, but sadly we don't operate under what should happen anymore :(
    True but in this case I think Zac has gone AWOL and we've been left with no option. Not that I think Slade will be very upset, I'm not.
  • I was one of very few people who thought he was half decent... Could at least cross a ball. Would have kept him as backup
  • I'd love to be a fly on the wall concerning some of these players dealings with the club, and especially last summer's recruitment which was a shambles after the relatively successful recruitment in the previous summer
  • I'd love to be a fly on the wall concerning some of these players dealings with the club, and especially last summer's recruitment which was a shambles after the relatively successful recruitment in the previous summer

must have missed that

Buyens, TBH, Bulot, JBG and perhaps Bikey for half a season. It was enough to keep us up.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    KM appears to be costing RD millions. He must so desperate to keep her as his shield.

Unless RD states the terms & KM just negotiates around the edges.
  • Noticed that Spurs have just signed that Vincent Janssen from AZ Alkmaar.

What caught my eye was that he was playing at the same level as Polish Pete when we signed him... He'd scored 16-goals for De Graafschap that season and was signed by us for £800k, Janssen was playing for Almare City and scored 10-goals that same season and a year later went to AZ for £350k... Another round of applause for the regime and their Spreadsheets?

17m for a striker who's only had 1 (admittedly good) season in the Eredivisie seems a lot of money though. Buys from that league can go either way. Could be a Suarez or a van Nistelrooy but could just as easily be a Kezman or an Alves.
    17m is peanuts for a striker these days , especially as Spurs are in the champions league .
  • kashi out half the season we ain't going to miss cousins when we sell him.hope they got some money to spend for his replacement probs be poyet in loan again.
  • colin1961 said:

kashi out half the season we ain't going to miss cousins when we sell him.hope they got some money to spend for his replacement probs be poyet in loan again.

A fit Kashi coming into the side after xmas what a boost that will be
    Achilles injuries are notoriously difficult. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he's out all season.