Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Cousins don't want to stay and fight considering the club stood by him when he had personal issues then Bye Bye

• No central defence?
    No midfield now?
  • Kevin Foley on trial, playing today at Bromley.

Barely played in two or more years. Worrying that our trialists are wrong side of 30 and not for the future. Rather have a punt on L2 or non-leaguers in early 20s.
    Repeating last seasons s**,* already ffs!

• seth plum said:

Looks like developing into the same old same old, a manager having to make do and mend with random players.
    I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Slade will see through this lot eventually. I'll give him till February.
  • edited July 2016
    seth plum said:

Looks like developing into the same old same old, a manager having to make do and mend with random players.

• Kevin Foley on trial, playing today at Bromley.

Barely played in two or more years. Worrying that our trialists are wrong side of 30 and not for the future. Rather have a punt on L2 or non-leaguers in early 20s.
    The majority of trialists are by their nature released players, that may or may not do a job for you. I've no problem with giving them a go, as our squad isn't short of young, inexperienced players from our academy
  • I'm waiting for Jesper Blomvquist and Robbie Mustoe to turn up for a trial.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uh huh, some good players will leave.

Disappointing to read we lost against Bromley, not going to help the season ticket waverers to move to BUY.

If I were Roland I would have bought 6 or 7 players by now.

(PS I do not have enough money to own several football clubs and have never sought to have that much money, my opinion may be biased)
  • seth plum said:

Over reaction surely at this point. The better players were always going to leave as much because they have higher aspirations than because RD may be unwilling to fund a League 1 campaign on a Championship budget. In other words it's not always as simple as resisting a transfer fee.

We have rightly criticised past player recruits as being ill equipped for British football so we can't really object to Slade seemingly looking to experienced League 1 style players to balance the youth we claimed last year was too inexperienced for the Championship.

Injuries are always the unknown factor and as far as I can see no huge surprises there at this time. Arguably to our advantage that Bauer and Kashi not fit enough currently to warrant interest from other teams. We might get to use them after the transfer window closes and before January !

Until the transfer window closes its too early to say we are either doing worse or better than previous years on the player recruitment side.

Lots can still happen for Charlton and most other teams before a ball is kicked in anger. Transfers are a domino effect across the leagues.

Not particularly a reaction, but an observation. We are about to go to Austria to get sorted but with a squad of players that is incomplete if we are to believe what we are told.
    Cebellos I saw Saturday, but not at Bromley but I thought he has a fair old journey to make. I also saw the triallists and the new guys. If Russell is hoping that we have the resources to shape into a good side, with the combination of the mixture we have now, and the uncertainty over players, not to mention the injuries, then good luck, but looking in it doesn't seem very promising.
    Yes it is early days, and I agree with Colin, the crucial fixture is against Bury, followed by 45 other crucial fixtures.
  • With the injuries removing several key players, the squad being taken to Austria looks a bit thin, especially at CB, as shown by the teams put out against Bromley.

I'm sure there will be more signings, but ideally, we'd have brought a couple more in before this overseas trip to help them integrate into the squad.
  • Indeed at CB, with Bauer, Diarra and Lennon injured we currently have

Johnson (ahem)
    Tex (who is probably desperate for a move)
    then untried youngsters Konsa and Thomas
  • With the injuries removing several key players, the squad being taken to Austria looks a bit thin, especially at CB, as shown by the teams put out against Bromley.

I'm sure there will be more signings, but ideally, we'd have brought a couple more in before this overseas trip to help them integrate into the squad.

It's probably worth noting that for most clubs you have to sell to buy, and if the paper reports are true we're about to have around 5m coming in (albeit it over the next who knows how long because that's how transfers are structured). Because one of our players made a deep run into the Euros (still can't believe the fee for him is 2.5m and Dale Stephens has a 4m bid rejected), things were delayed in addition to overall market delay.

The next week should be pretty key. The window is still open for another six weeks, but once the Cousins and JBG deals are confirmed, we'll see if Slade has some important, quality replacements/additions to the squad lined up, or if we're going to try going the Buxton/Foley/Crofts route for depth.
  • As always we look stretched and with massive gaps in the team, especially with the injuries and Cousins being forced out. Slade wanted his squad sorted before Welling now it looks far from being ready before the Austrian trip.

Same old same old, we have to trust Slade and hope he is allowed to sort things.
  • colin1961 said:

seth plum said:

You will be l
    cfgs said:

As always we look stretched and with massive gaps in the team, especially with the injuries and Cousins being forced out. Slade wanted his squad sorted before Welling now it looks far from being ready before the Austrian trip.

Same old same old, we have to trust Slade and hope he is allowed to sort things.

Cousins not being forced out !!
    We beg to differ, he has very little choice. JBG wants out as does Tex but the top earners are wanted out by the club just as much, Cousins may have stayed and is happy enough to leave (you would have to be a saint or mad not to) but the club are adamant that they want him to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

If Brighton turn down £4 mil for Stephens, how is Gudders only worth £2mil and Cousons £1mil?

We are being turned over and the claim that we will not sell our players cheap is shown up for what it is, empty words.

Probably because RD and KM want them off the wage bill.
  • The Belgians may have the intentions to do things differently and back the manager. But I genuinely don't think they have the ability.

We will be left with too small a squad with players who aren't up to it, past it or not ready having to form a key part of the 11.

It seems we are getting all our injuries out the way early this year. So they might be ready for the final push to avoid relegation in may.

I imagine Russel pulling out his hair (if he had any) in trying to deal with KM.
  • Redrobo said:

If Brighton turn down £4 mil for Stephens, how is Gudders only worth £2mil and Cousons £1mil?

We are being turned over and the claim that we will not sell our players cheap is shown up for what it is, empty words.

This this and more this
  • Scoham said:

Redrobo said:

Probably because RD and KM want them off the wage bill.
    Where has the £1m figure came from?
  • colin1961 said:

Redrobo said:

Charlton want 3 mill for Cousins but most likey get 2 mill plus add ons which given an international player like Hendricks of Derby been quoted at 3 mill, that's a good deal , Gudmunnson was 2.5 plus another mill with add-ons so again 3.5 is a good deal.
    Ok we believe you....
  • colin1961 said:

Redrobo said:

Charlton want 3 mill for Cousins but most likey get 2 mill plus add ons which given an international player like Hendricks of Derby been quoted at 3 mill, that's a good deal , Gudmunnson was 2.5 plus another mill with add-ons so again 3.5 is a good deal.
    Is that like the £400,000 we paid for Holmes though?
  • But add ons are not guaranteed, if based on number of games played or future promotion.
  • #QPR are signing Charlton midfielder Jordan Cousins for £1.5m. Medical today #cafc

This is from a Telegraph journalist.