Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Wasn't expecting loads for Cousins but think we should be holding out for £2m.

Unfortunately we're a club in League One which weakens our position in any negotiations.
  • We always knew that JBG and Cousins were certain to leave. No great shock there other than the paltry fees involved.

The next three players to sign will tell us everything. My guess is three free agents.
  • http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-jordan-cousins-charlton-latest-130616?

1.25m rising to 1.4m. Derisory. KM couldn't negotiate her way out of maze with no hedges.
  • When you think what we spent on Naby Sarr it really highlights what a terrible deal that is for us.
  • Wasn't expecting loads for Cousins but think we should be holding out for £2m.

Unfortunately we're a club in League One we have Katrien Meire as CEO which weakens our position in any negotiations.

• Pope should be first choice keeper in front of Henderson. Henderson won't command a transfer fee, hence Pope will be sold to help balance the books, Slade will only stay if he gets his way which he will find out come October will not be possible.
  • colin1961 said:

we started off well - new British manager followed by three decent signings. Now the worm is turning. Losing JBG and Cousins for frankly pathetic fees and trialling Buxton, Foley and Crofts, none of whom inspire. This will continue with the departure of Tex and Pope and no quality will come in to replace them. We will start the season with Johnson and Konsa at CH, Jacko in midfield and then Slade will come to his senses and realise what a bunch of arseholes he is working for and resign before the end of September. I wouldn't trust this lot to run a bath.

Pope won't be number two to Henderson he will only stay if he number one ..... Is the season starting Saturday given the over reaction on here you would think so .... Slade as said knows who he wants but sometimes you have to wait for clubs to do their business before they release players ....
    All of a sudden Pope is the best keeper despite fans not long ago saying he was hopeless.
    Crofts was mentioned on these forums last season as a player we should sign well he not a bad player, and worth a contract at least for 12 months , Buxton would rather had kept Pike but Buxton can play central and Foley blimey only played 45 mins after arriving yesterday morning give him a chance ... Pre season lot of players good players have been released so lot of players turning up at clubs looking for a chance some might stay but most will move around two of three clubs before they get a deal ... People are acting like we are the only team that doing it fact is we been doing it for years ....
    Cousins and Gudmunnson made it clear they did not want to play in div one there may be one or two others that follow and that's their right, the club will bring in new players players that want to play for Charlton and we will be a better team for it ...
    Slade here to stay he knows what he wants and who he wants he made a great start,
    Made it clear to whom? I've heard that katrien made it clear to the players that both would be off loaded to reduce wages?
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:

A client of mine supports Brighton (season ticket) and said the following about Crofts.

"I didn’t come back to you the other day regarding Crofts – He is a good box to box midfield and should be able to put in a shift in league 1. Was our captain in his first stint and was a fans favourite before moving to Norwich and played in the Prem (which no one could blame him for leaving). Was unlucky when back with us and started to fit in and had a major injury which put him out for a year and couldn’t get back in the team since. Was unlucky not to be in the Welsh team as he played in a lot of their qualifiers. I think would be a good signing for you"

Sounds fine for league one to me

He was probably the best player in the first half.
  • edited July 2016
    http://www.peterborough.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=452339

Paul Taylor?

Shamelessly nicked from elsewhere!
  • edited July 2016
    Essex_Al said:

Paul Taylor?

Colin, is that you?
  • Can anybody explain why we appear to be so poor at transfer dealings?

I just can't put my finger on it.
  • Apparently Cousins is currently having his Medical @ Queens Park Rangers

Even fans on their forum think that its a great piece of Business

Maybe they do, but they support QPR so what do they know?
  • Macronate said:

Can anybody explain why we appear to be so poor at transfer dealings?

At a guess

Katrien's poor negotiation skills and lack of experience in football
    Desperation to get higher earners off the wage bill
    Working towards the target of breaking even - sell a higher earner, use fee and money saved on wages to replace with a free transfer on lower wages
    Possibly players having low release clauses in contracts but that comes back to Katrien's negotiating

With all the money in football now these are very low fees. Can't really see how anyone can argue that they're fair when you see the sort of figures other clubs bring in.
  • Essex_Al said:

Paul Taylor?

Watt off ?

• £1 million for Nick Pope? I'll fly him back from Austria myself
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:
    Colin, is that you?
    Can't believe I beat him to it!
  • We should sell pope if we that desperate for money at least we got cover for goalkeeper. We are selling cousins cheap and we have no midfield fucking idiots I'm done was going to go to bury don't think I'll bother any more get the flairs out what a clueless set of fuckers division 4 for the first time ever here we come. It's embarrasing
  • Essex_Al said:
    Colin, is that you?
    Played in Belgium. Sign him up
  • seth plum said:

!.5 million (or even less!) is a disgrace. if he stayed and honoured his contract he would be worth more than 1.5 million in his effect on the team alone.
    I absolutely support Cousins desire to leave, and think it is good for him, but at that price it isn't good for us.
    What on earth has Katrien Meire learned? Signing the likes of Sarr on a four year contract, and accepting a pathetic fee for Cousins are typical examples of her uselessness.
    I really believe I could have negotiated a better deal for Charlton with regard to Jordan Cousins, indeed one where club, player, new club, agents and fans would recognise it as fair and reasonable.
    And I am a moron.

I disagree Seth. I get your point about the money we paid for Sarr and Bauer etc, and yes you are right KM got taken for a ride on how much we paid them, but I don't believe Cousins is worth more than £1.5m max.

He's just not as good as people think he is. £1.5m is a fair price, and I doubt KM or anyone would get much more for him
  • El Hadji Ba will do a job in League1.. with jackson and crofts providing passing ability i wouldn't be too upset.

However, the fee for Cousins is a shambles, he is an engine, not great technically but a brilliant championship player! I would want closer to £3m when you consider Lewis Cook from Leeds has gone for 6m + add-ons after 1 season in the championship! Well done Katrien you cucking funt
  • Our squad looks very weak - the only good thing is Slade is used to working with very limited resources.
    Surprised that Pope is still here.
  • edited July 2016
    Ba reminds me me of the football table games you used to find in the amusement arcades at the seaside, smack him on the head and his leg comes out to kick the ball, I won't be losing any sleep if he goes.
  • Macronate said:

Can anybody explain why we appear to be so poor at transfer dealings?

Because pinnochio has a wooden brain
  • I can't believe he wants to go to QPR there shit I could understand burnley in premier league but them in there match box ground it's all bullocks.can we chuck these Belgiums out our country now we are out of Europe. Piss off