Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Anyone want a box of razor blades
  • £900k for Pope would be a piss take.

He's young, has a decent record, tons of potential, and he's british. He is nowhere near his peak age group yet either. If they sign him now you could still get 15 years out of him.
    For a club to have just earned £150m that offer is derisory.
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-austria-pre-season-3183108.aspx

Youngsters: Dimitar Mitov, Ezri Konsa, Terell Thomas, Ollie Muldoon, Brandon Hanlan and Josh Umerah
    Trialists: Lewis Buxton, Andrew Crofts and Kevin Foley

Havent traveled to Austria
    Injured: Ahmed Kashi, Alou Diarra and El-Hadji Ba
    Other: Jordan Cousins

So looks like Nick Pope has gone to Austria as per the question asked... Shame that the three injured players havent traveled as if they are to remain with Charlton it would surely be good for them to be there based on bonding reasons at least.
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-austria-pre-season-3183108.aspx

Youngsters: Dimitar Mitov, Ezri Konsa, Terell Thomas, Ollie Muldoon, Brandon Hanlan and Josh Umerah

So looks like Nick Pope has gone to Austria as per the question asked... Shame that the three injured players havent traveled as if they are to remain with Charlton it would surely be good for them to be there based on bonding reasons at least.

Yes considering Lennon has gone.

Yes considering Lennon has gone.
    Seems from the list that Patrick Bauer has gone.

Either means that both Lennon and Bauer are closer to fitness than you'd think or that Diarra and Ba are out for as long as Kashi
  • I don't believe Cousins is a 3 million pound player now, but i certainly would expect him to be in a few years. All those saying the price is fair, it should look fair when you take into account the development potential of a player. 2 years in the champ already, improved each year, pretty young.....1.5 million is bad business.

But who knows what it will really be.

Two weeks ago I had hopes the squad might look decent enough with quality. Now I am dreading the look of it in another 2 weeks.

• Diarra is out for 6 weeks minimum, i would imagine Ba is similar. Lennon and Bauer may not be match ready but can still train
  • As we all know there is a premium paid for English players except it seems when it comes to Charlton's English players.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Diarra is out for 6 weeks minimum, i would imagine Ba is similar. Lennon and Bauer may not be match ready but can still train

I thought Lennon had a groin problem, and with Charlton players that's at least an 8 month absence...
  • edited July 2016
    colin1961 said:

Swisdom said:

£900k for Pope would be a piss take.

He's young, has a decent record, tons of potential, and he's british. He is nowhere near his peak age group yet either. If they sign him now you could still get 15 years out of him.

Think 900,000 for Pope is very good offer , considering most fans 12 months ago would have let him go for nothing

No it's not. "Most" fans don't matter when it comes to transfer fees, and that's entirely subjective anyway. Pope has the quality to be a Premier League keeper. Joe Hart went for 1m a decade ago despite being younger. He had bigger upside but inflation has been dramatic since then and Pope is far closer to the finished article.
  • Anyone got cousins stats for last year? Goals, assists, tackles won etc?
  • It was mentioned earlier that the club stuck by Cousins when he was having personal trouble. I wasn't around for that and must have missed it, could someone enlighten me please?
  • seth plum said:

Foley Crofts and Buxton. Looks as if a couple of them will be incoming then.
    Good to see Slade given some of the JBG/Cousins/Lookman dividend to buy some credible players in their mid twenties.
    The players people want from us have more future ahead than past behind. Slade is presented with our squad Develops and Johnson and all, gets a few sweeteners in the three we have signed, and then presumably expected to fill the gaps with kids.
    I hope I am wrong but it looks like the same old same old, with a frisson of Paul Benson, Gary Doherty type players thrown in to cement our standing as a third tier club.

My predictive translated 'Cebellos' to 'Develops'.
  • SDAddick said:

It was mentioned earlier that the club stuck by Cousins when he was having personal trouble. I wasn't around for that and must have missed it, could someone enlighten me please?

From what I remember, he was about 16, and accused of rape; always denied it, and in the end the girl dropped the charges.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    colin1961 said:

Swisdom said:

Think 900,000 for Pope is very good offer , considering most fans 12 months ago would have let him go for nothing
    Okay, I'll bite, though I usually avoid your sillier posts. Can you please explain why the opinión of most fans one year ago is in any way representative of what a player is worth today? We aren't selling him a year ago, we are selling the player who finished the season as first choice.
  • colin1961 said:

Macronate said:

I think £900000 for Colin to fuck off to burnley would be worth it

Source?

Burnley have suffered another knock back in the transfer market after Charlton rejected their £900,000 offer for goalkeeper Nick Pope.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche wants back up for England's Tom Heaton and has identified Pope and Northern Ireland's No.1 and free agent Michael McGovern as targets.

But Charlton dismissed the Clarets' £900,000 offer for Pope and are determined to hang on to their No.1.

The Clarets' failed bid for Pope is their third rejection this week.
    That has to be the greatest post ever on this forum.
  • Paul Taylor would be a cracking signing on a free. Always looks dangerous and would be good back up for Ajose.
  • Is cousins off to QPR?
  • cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

Macronate said:

I think £900000 for Colin to fuck off to burnley would be worth it

Source?

Burnley have suffered another knock back in the transfer market after Charlton rejected their £900,000 offer for goalkeeper Nick Pope.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche wants back up for England's Tom Heaton and has identified Pope and Northern Ireland's No.1 and free agent Michael McGovern as targets.

But Charlton dismissed the Clarets' £900,000 offer for Pope and are determined to hang on to their No.1.

The Clarets' failed bid for Pope is their third rejection this week.
    That has to be the greatest post ever on this forum.
    Nah. Hi-light gate still shades it for me.
  • colin1961 said:

Swisdom said:

You really are a wum aren't you.
  • Valley11 said:

Paul Taylor would be a cracking signing on a free. Always looks dangerous and would be good back up for Ajose.

Is that the same Paul Taylor who has played 44 games since he left Peterborough in 2012 scoring the impressive total of 1 goal in that time?
  • colin1961 said:

Swisdom said:

You really are a wum aren't you.
    So what was their first piss poor offer ?
  • So of out oldish trialists, Crofts has played 80 ganes in two seasons, Foley two dozen in two seasons and Buxton 20 games last season and we are connected with Paul Taylor who barely kicked a ball for a year. Nice to know previous mistakes have been recognised and acted on. Meanwhile we have two fit CHs one of them being RoJo.
  • cafctom said:

£1 million for Nick Pope? I'll fly him back from Austria myself

Better than Henderson