Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

Colin right now.

Are you calling him a clever dick?
  • edited July 2016

colin1961 said:

From Henry Irving

I'm not sure I believe the £1.5m figure.

It appears to come from the QPR end. A lower figure in the public domain would suit them as it looks to their fans as if they have a bargain and are shrewd negotiators. Having been a basket case for years in the way they recruited players they need that.

But even if it isn't true it has been repeated so often now it will be accepted as fact.

Why didn't Charlton get a figure out there in advance? They will no doubt try and get a different (and possibly true) figure out there but it will be too little and too late.

colin1961 said:

So we've lost Jordan Cousins (1.5m), Jonjo Shelvey (2.5m), Joe Gomez (3.5m), Carl Jenkinson (1m), Diego Poyet (free) and Darren Randolph (free) and Harry Arter (free) for about the price of Tyrone Mings (8m).

already been said on the forum that the figure QPR released is not correct

You can go back in time and list players that have been released , look at Man U and Progba even they do it

So now @colin1961 is quoting me as his source. This is like reading Alice in Wonderland on acid.

But since I'm Colin's sources I can catorgrically say he's talking a load of fecking bollocks as per usual.

What I said is "I'm not sure I believe the £1.5m figure.

In typical Colin way he mangles that into "Already been said on the forum that the figure QPR released is not correct"

Just so so far from what I said but in Colin's mind it makes sense.

This is what he always does @Todds_right_hook @DamoNorthStand et al.

Not only is he a WUM he is just unable to process information in his tiny mind. Opinion becomes fact, a possibility a sure thing.

Weird meaning weird.
    I still don't know why the moderators don't slap a ban on him.

If not, they might as well let PL54, Prior and Ackworth back on.
    A blast from the past I think Nathan was at Bromley on Tuesday i didn't see him in the ground but he was on the 314 bus
  • Peter_G said:

I expect that while Russell has our lads fine tuning their pre-season in Austria, the rumour mill will dry up. No doubt there will be at least another 10 pages of absolute bollocks about Colin on this thread by the time they get back.

I agree, this is getting boring.If you don't have a transfer rumour, don't bother posting.
  • One deal that one happen after being rumoured on here yesterday

POSH RETURN FOR TAYLOR

Peterborough United have re-signed forward Paul Taylor on a one-year contract, the Sky Bet League One club have announced.

The 28-year-old, who spent the last year out of the professional game following his release by Ipswich in 2015, has been training with Posh during pre-season.
  • Again no proper rumours other than Cousin's leaving, further cyber bullying to Colin this is getting a joke! Is there not an option to ignore someone? if so do this, if not surely you dont have to read his posts. let him get on with it, its not harming anyone and its getting very boring zzzz
  • johnbaker said:

I read this forum every day wanted to find info/rumours about our football club . . . yet all I do I see people wasting time slagging each other off. . . seriously you all need to get out more and grow up. Its pathetic

But you can't read John....
  • Sponsored links:

• People like you must lead a very very sad life

• johnbaker said:

I read this forum every day wanted to find info/rumours about our football club . . . yet all I do I see people wasting time slagging each other off. . . seriously you all need to get out more and grow up. Its pathetic

I've got tired with it now myself... I dont agree with some people's posts yet if they're truly out to wind people up then I simply read their post, think in my head: OK, and go and find something else to post on, the baiting from both sides has just got irritating and if it is someone purely winding others up then if people dont respond they'll surely get bored and stop themselves as they wont have an audience
  • robroy said:

Can we have a new rumour's thread where its just actual rumours. Anyone who post's on there that is not a rumour gets a flag? I'm getting to the point where I can't be arsed to check the site as its just full of shite.

Either that or all the latest rumours are popped at the top of the page? Or a round up thread that is updated daily by the mods?

I get flagged for that? Sort it out
  • edited July 2016
    robroy said:

Can we have a new rumour's thread where its just actual rumours. Anyone who post's on there that is not a rumour gets a flag? I'm getting to the point where I can't be arsed to check the site as its just full of shite.

Either that or all the latest rumours are popped at the top of the page? Or a round up thread that is updated daily by the mods?

• robroy said:

robroy said:

I get flagged for that? Sort it out
    You literally asked for it.

Just in case: rumour-no signings until we sell most of the team that can actually look vaguely competent at times.
  • colin1961 said:

From Henry Irving

I'm not sure I believe the £1.5m figure.

It appears to come from the QPR end. A lower figure in the public domain would suit them as it looks to their fans as if they have a bargain and are shrewd negotiators. Having been a basket case for years in the way they recruited players they need that.

But even if it isn't true it has been repeated so often now it will be accepted as fact.

Why didn't Charlton get a figure out there in advance? They will no doubt try and get a different (and possibly true) figure out there but it will be too little and too late.

colin1961 said:

So we've lost Jordan Cousins (1.5m), Jonjo Shelvey (2.5m), Joe Gomez (3.5m), Carl Jenkinson (1m), Diego Poyet (free) and Darren Randolph (free) and Harry Arter (free) for about the price of Tyrone Mings (8m).

already been said on the forum that the figure QPR released is not correct

You can go back in time and list players that have been released , look at Man U and Progba even they do it

So now @colin1961 is quoting me as his source. This is like reading Alice in Wonderland on acid.

But since I'm Colin's sources I can catorgrically say he's talking a load of fecking bollocks as per usual.

What I said is "I'm not sure I believe the £1.5m figure.

In typical Colin way he mangles that into "Already been said on the forum that the figure QPR released is not correct"

Just so so far from what I said but in Colin's mind it makes sense.

This is what he always does @Todds_right_hook @DamoNorthStand et al.

Not only is he a WUM he is just unable to process information in his tiny mind. Opinion becomes fact, a possibility a sure thing.

Weird meaning weird.
    I still don't know why the moderators don't slap a ban on him.

If not, they might as well let PL54, Prior and Ackworth back on.
    A blast from the past I think Nathan was at Bromley on Tuesday i didn't see him in the ground but he was on the 314 bus
    Leicester could not have been playing then.
  • Any rumours? ?

Nope, didn't think so. Just more childish bickering.

I'll check again in a couple of days, if I can be bothered

Then you'll find more (funny)bickering.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
  • SLP reporting we're looking to get Crofts. Pretty sure he travelled to Austria.
  • SLP reporting we're looking to get Crofts. Pretty sure he travelled to Austria.

My source tells me he did.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-austria-pre-season-3183108.aspx

Crofts / Buxton / Foley were the three to go to Austria
  • A strong leader in the dressing room? I thought that is JJ!
  • Redrobo said:

Why not go the whole hog and get Scotty Parker back. He is a free agent.

Signed a new deal a month or 2 ago.