Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Swisdom said:

£900k for Pope would be a piss take.

He's young, has a decent record, tons of potential, and he's british. He is nowhere near his peak age group yet either. If they sign him now you could still get 15 years out of him.
    For a club to have just earned £150m that offer is derisory.

Think 900,000 for Pope is very good offer , considering most fans 12 months ago would have let him go for nothing
    Hope you are joking.
  • So of out oldish trialists, Crofts has played 80 ganes in two seasons, Foley two dozen in two seasons and Buxton 20 games last season and we are connected with Paul Taylor who barely kicked a ball for a year. Nice to know previous mistakes have been recognised and acted on. Meanwhile we have two fit CHs one of them being RoJo.

This cannot be true, KM said we would not sign anyone who has not played at least 30 games the previous season, and I am sure she would not lie
  • colin1961 said:

Says someone with the name Sir Chrissy

Was made well before he was manager.
  • agim said:

Anyone got cousins stats for last year? Goals, assists, tackles won etc?

Think it was one assist and two goals (QPR and Fulham).
  • So of out oldish trialists, Crofts has played 80 ganes in two seasons, Foley two dozen in two seasons and Buxton 20 games last season and we are connected with Paul Taylor who barely kicked a ball for a year. Nice to know previous mistakes have been recognised and acted on. Meanwhile we have two fit CHs one of them being RoJo.

Bit harsh on Crofts. 80 games in two seasons is pretty decent. Even Buxtons 20 isn't completely dreadful.

• He surely cant exist
  • edited July 2016
    So we've lost Jordan Cousins (1.5m), Jonjo Shelvey (2.5m), Joe Gomez (3.5m), Carl Jenkinson (1m), Diego Poyet (free) and Darren Randolph (free) and Harry Arter (free) for about the price of Tyrone Mings (8m).
  • Sponsored links:

• Stephens Morrison kermo but then we did get polish Pete thurium Reza and lots more don't no why we are on downturn.
  • So we've lost Jordan Cousins (1.5m), Jonjo Shelvey (2.5m), Joe Gomez (3.5m), Carl Jenkinson (1m), Diego Poyet (free) and Darren Randolph (free) and Harry Arter (free) for about the price of Tyrone Mings (8m).</blockquote

I though Shelvey was less than that or is that including add ons

• So we've lost Jordan Cousins (1.5m), Jonjo Shelvey (2.5m), Joe Gomez (3.5m), Carl Jenkinson (1m), Diego Poyet (free) and Darren Randolph (free) and Harry Arter (free) for about the price of Tyrone Mings (8m).

Keep up the Valley Gold clearly a great return.
  • Don't really rate cousins but I think we should of tried to milk a bit more out of them.
  • "Progba" had no intention of signing another contract with a club that were desperate to keep him
  • Colin, unless you are RD or KM how do you know the QPR figure is incorrect? You normally post after the SLP has revealed something so you are not in the know so how do you know this figure is wrong?
  • edited July 2016
    agim said:

Don't really rate cousins but I think we should of tried to milk a bit more out of them.

If you don't rate cousins, I dread to think how you rate the rest of the squad. We are an embarrassment, but the plus side is... Every fuck up this club makes I'm less likely to ever bother going back, Saving me £100 every other week of the season
  • Colin, unless you are RD or KM how do you know the QPR figure is incorrect? You normally post after the SLP has revealed something so you are not in the know so how do you know this figure is wrong?

Why don't you ask Henry, he insinuated it originally, no point in asking the 35th hand source of Colin
  • The figure seems to be going down according to West London Times (I think that was the paper) it is 1.2 million rising to 1.4 with add ons. Their supporters on Twitter are really pleased calling it a steal and he will be worth 10 million in a few years. I think they have got the best end of the deal!
  • Sponsored links:

• So we've lost Jordan Cousins (1.5m), Jonjo Shelvey (2.5m), Joe Gomez (3.5m), Carl Jenkinson (1m), Diego Poyet (free) and Darren Randolph (free) and Harry Arter (free) for about the price of Tyrone Mings (8m).

Keep up the Valley Gold clearly a great return.
    I had planned to renew mine at the end of the month, but think I'll pass now.
  • Even Sky Sports are now reporting it as 1.3 too cheap. Never mind it will be undisclosed!
  • So we've lost Jordan Cousins (1.5m), Jonjo Shelvey (2.5m), Joe Gomez (3.5m), Carl Jenkinson (1m), Diego Poyet (free) and Darren Randolph (free) and Harry Arter (free) for about the price of Tyrone Mings (8m).</blockquote

I though Shelvey was less than that or is that including add ons

• And that is why to the outside world CAFC will ALWAYS be tin pot!
  • And that is why to the outside world CAFC will ALWAYS be tin pot!

Not just to the outside world.
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:
    Colin, is that you?
    Can't believe I beat him to it!
    I can!
  • colin1961 said:

tgarrat1 said:

El Hadji Ba will do a job in League1.. with jackson and crofts providing passing ability i wouldn't be too upset.

However, the fee for Cousins is a shambles, he is an engine, not great technically but a brilliant championship player! I would want closer to £3m when you consider Lewis Cook from Leeds has gone for 6m + add-ons after 1 season in the championship! Well done Katrien you cucking funt

Did cook ask to leave ?
    Is Cook a div one player .... Look at it another way we signed the div one leading goal scorer for below 1 mill pounds if Ajose was in the championship and scored over 20 goals how much would he gone for then
    Get some perspective ....
    colin1961 said:

So we've lost Jordan Cousins (1.5m), Jonjo Shelvey (2.5m), Joe Gomez (3.5m), Carl Jenkinson (1m), Diego Poyet (free) and Darren Randolph (free) and Harry Arter (free) for about the price of Tyrone Mings (8m).

already been said on the forum that the figure QPR released is not correct

You can go back in time and list players that have been released , look at Man U and Progba even they do it

The question should be why didnt we realise their potential?

Bit harsh on Crofts. 80 games in two seasons is pretty decent. Even Buxtons 20 isn't completely dreadful.

Sorry my typo. Croft's 80 were in 3/4 seasons.
  • colin1961 said:

From Henry Irving

I'm not sure I believe the £1.5m figure.

It appears to come from the QPR end. A lower figure in the public domain would suit them as it looks to their fans as if they have a bargain and are shrewd negotiators. Having been a basket case for years in the way they recruited players they need that.

But even if it isn't true it has been repeated so often now it will be accepted as fact.

Why didn't Charlton get a figure out there in advance? They will no doubt try and get a different (and possibly true) figure out there but it will be too little and too late.

colin1961 said:

already been said on the forum that the figure QPR released is not correct

You can go back in time and list players that have been released , look at Man U and Progba even they do it

So now @colin1961 is quoting me as his source. This is like reading Alice in Wonderland on Alice.

But since I'm Colin's sources I can catorgrically say he's talking a load of fecking bollocks as per usual.

What I said is "I'm not sure I believe the £1.5m figure.

In typical Colin way he mangles that into "Already been said on the forum that the figure QPR released is not correct"

Just so so far from what I said but in Colin's mind it makes sense.

This is what he always does @Todds_right_hook @DamoNorthStand et al.

Not only is he a WUM he is just unable to process information in his tiny mind. Opinion becomes fact, a possibility a sure thing.

Weird meaning weird.

Bear in mind in future arguments he will be saying it was £1.5m initial payment raising to £5m with add on.