Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Oh what a tangled web we weave.

I'm not sure I believe the £1.5m figure.

It appears to come from the QPR end. A lower figure in the public domain would suit them as it looks to their fans as if they have a bargain and are shrewd negotiators. Having been a basket case for years in the way they recruited players they need that.

But even if it isn't true it has been repeated so often now it will be accepted as fact.

Why didn't Charlton get a figure out there in advance? They will no doubt try and get a different (and possibly true) figure out there but it will be too little and too late.

Again Katrien will at best be reactive, not proactive, in getting her story out there and so loses again. Her news management is close to non-existent, we have no comms manager and no comms strategy. Did they think the Solly deal would deflect anger over a Cousins sale? They certainly thought that the Ajose, Novak and Holmes deals would bring back lapsed ST holders as they have instructed the company calling those ex-STs to ask the question.

Most of use realised that Cousins, and JBG, would go as soon as we were relegated. They want to go and more importantly the club are desperate to move them on. Their new contracts last summer were very expensive (£25k pw for JBG according to Redhenry who is normally a realiable source).

Katrien had, and presumably still has, targets each season for player sales. So someone has to go.

The question is that what are KMs sales targets? How much does she need to raise? Because if we "only" get £1.5m for Cousins but she budgeted for it being £3m then that extra money has to come from somewhere.

Roland could loan the club he owns some more money. Yes, he could but I don't think it is likely. He's set the budget and that will be that. So it either comes from savings or from sales. KM appears to have told Roland that changing the Belgian deckchairs for some British versions on the Charlton Titanic will stop the ship sinking.

But the good ship Charlton will only survive if it changes direction more substantially. Away from the small, inexperienced, injury prone iceberg that sunk the ship last year and towards the open sea of a balanced squad, with a good blend and an experienced skipper (which in Slade at least we have).

So Meire has to somehow meet Roland's budget AND allow Slade to build a proper squad. Even for an experienced and skilled CEO that would be a big ask, for Katrien it will be next to impossible.

My understanding is this figure represents over twice their initial offer and more than a ⅓ greater than there 2nd offer and more than any other interested club
  • I liked u speachless comment I am as well
  • @seth plum just added a line which I think may be a little closer to the 'mark'

It might be the way we negotiate.

A club: "Katrien we'll give you £10 for Lookman"
    Katrien: "No way"
    A club: "OK Katrien we'll give you £100 for Lookman, that's ten times our original offer you tough negotiating woman in football you."
    Katrien: Under her breath "Sucker"!! RD will be happy".
  • seth plum said:

madadd said:

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

It appears to come from the QPR end. A lower figure in the public domain would suit them as it looks to their fans as if they have a bargain and are shrewd negotiators. Having been a basket case for years in the way they recruited players they need that.

But even if it isn't true it has been repeated so often now it will be accepted as fact.

Why didn't Charlton get a figure out there in advance? They will no doubt try and get a different (and possibly true) figure out there but it will be too little and too late.

Again Katrien will at best be reactive, not proactive, in getting her story out there and so loses again. Her news management is close to non-existent, we have no comms manager and no comms strategy. Did they think the Solly deal would deflect anger over a Cousins sale? They certainly thought that the Ajose, Novak and Holmes deals would bring back lapsed ST holders as they have instructed the company calling those ex-STs to ask the question.

Most of use realised that Cousins, and JBG, would go as soon as we were relegated. They want to go and more importantly the club are desperate to move them on. Their new contracts last summer were very expensive (£25k pw for JBG according to Redhenry who is normally a realiable source).

Katrien had, and presumably still has, targets each season for player sales. So someone has to go.

The question is that what are KMs sales targets? How much does she need to raise? Because if we "only" get £1.5m for Cousins but she budgeted for it being £3m then that extra money has to come from somewhere.

Roland could loan the club he owns some more money. Yes, he could but I don't think it is likely. He's set the budget and that will be that. So it either comes from savings or from sales. KM appears to have told Roland that changing the Belgian deckchairs for some British versions on the Charlton Titanic will stop the ship sinking.

But the good ship Charlton will only survive if it changes direction more substantially. Away from the small, inexperienced, injury prone iceberg that sunk the ship last year and towards the open sea of a balanced squad, with a good blend and an experienced skipper (which in Slade at least we have).

So Meire has to somehow meet Roland's budget AND allow Slade to build a proper squad. Even for an experienced and skilled CEO that would be a big ask, for Katrien it will be next to impossible.

My understanding is this figure represents over twice their initial offer and more than a ⅓ greater than there 2nd offer and more than any other interested club
    It might be the way we negotiate.

A club: "Katrien we'll give you £10 for Lookman"
    Katrien: "No way"
    A club: "OK Katrien we'll give you £100 for Lookman, that's ten times our original offer you tough negotiating woman in football you."
    Katrien: "Deal".
    I will probably look stupid believing this... but hey that must be the truth!
  • Sponsored links:

• Great deal as at best a reserve right back

Great trier but shirked responsibility always pointing to others

You don't think he could have done with some help while playing alongside the likes of Ba and Makienok...?
  • colin1961 said:

From Henry Irving

colin1961 said:

So we've lost Jordan Cousins (1.5m), Jonjo Shelvey (2.5m), Joe Gomez (3.5m), Carl Jenkinson (1m), Diego Poyet (free) and Darren Randolph (free) and Harry Arter (free) for about the price of Tyrone Mings (8m).

already been said on the forum that the figure QPR released is not correct

You can go back in time and list players that have been released , look at Man U and Progba even they do it

So now @colin1961 is quoting me as his source. This is like reading Alice in Wonderland on acid.

But since I'm Colin's sources I can catorgrically say he's talking a load of fecking bollocks as per usual.

What I said is "I'm not sure I believe the £1.5m figure.

In typical Colin way he mangles that into "Already been said on the forum that the figure QPR released is not correct"

Just so so far from what I said but in Colin's mind it makes sense.

This is what he always does @Todds_right_hook @DamoNorthStand et al.

Not only is he a WUM he is just unable to process information in his tiny mind. Opinion becomes fact, a possibility a sure thing.

Weird meaning weird.
    Just got back from seeing my father in law who is dying from cancer and see you trying to wrap me up in your games with Colin Henry.

Look - what he is going through should give you a bit of perspective to stop going on about one poster who winds you up a bit. Life is too short - who gives a fuck if a poster pisses people off. Grow a fucking backbone and deal with it like a grown up. If my mother in law and wife can deal with the impending loss of a husband and dad - I think you are big enough to deal with fucking Colin.
  • Colin and his random numbers machine

Colin is E R N I E .

• colin1961 said:

From Henry Irving

colin1961 said:

So we've lost Jordan Cousins (1.5m), Jonjo Shelvey (2.5m), Joe Gomez (3.5m), Carl Jenkinson (1m), Diego Poyet (free) and Darren Randolph (free) and Harry Arter (free) for about the price of Tyrone Mings (8m).

You can go back in time and list players that have been released , look at Man U and Progba even they do it

So now @colin1961 is quoting me as his source. This is like reading Alice in Wonderland on acid.

But since I'm Colin's sources I can catorgrically say he's talking a load of fecking bollocks as per usual.

In typical Colin way he mangles that into "Already been said on the forum that the figure QPR released is not correct"

Not only is he a WUM he is just unable to process information in his tiny mind. Opinion becomes fact, a possibility a sure thing.

Weird meaning weird.
    And there speaks a person with a tiny mind
  • colin1961 said:

From Henry Irving

colin1961 said:

Weird meaning weird.
    Why drag me into this?

Read my posts! Do I agree with Colin? No! Do I question his stupid comments? Yes! Colin talks a lot of rubbish but he is entitled to his options and views. The treatment he gets on here is bullying by pathetic key board warriors who probably wouldn't have the balls to tell him to his face. I don't like pathetic bullies and will stick up for anyone on here who is being unnecessarily bullied.

If you don't like it then don't read it or respond to it. It's your choice! Stop acting like a shit stirring 15 year old girl

Get a life pal and don't involve me in your pathetic little attention seeking posts
    Well said
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like bexleyboy, colin1961 has remembered another one of his old logins.

• colin1961 said:

From Henry Irving

colin1961 said:

Weird meaning weird.
    I still don't know why the moderators don't slap a ban on him.

If not, they might as well let PL54, Prior and Ackworth back on.
  • Looks like bexleyboy, colin1961 has remembered another one of his old logins.

Either that or PL54
  • colin1961 said:

From Henry Irving

colin1961 said:

Weird meaning weird.
    Why drag me into this?

Read my posts! Do I agree with Colin? No! Do I question his stupid comments? Yes! Colin talks a lot of rubbish but he is entitled to his options and views. The treatment he gets on here is bullying by pathetic key board warriors who probably wouldn't have the balls to tell him to his face. I don't like pathetic bullies and will stick up for anyone on here who is being unnecessarily bullied.

If you don't like it then don't read it or respond to it. It's your choice! Stop acting like a shit stirring 15 year old girl

Get a life pal and don't involve me in your pathetic little attention seeking posts
    And that is why I "drag" you into this. He's not being bullied, he's being called out for being a WUM but you just don't get it.

You constantly stick up for him, defend him, say he's not a WUM and now when your shown up you start getting upset and start throwing around insults

Laughably you also go on about keyboard warriors with no balls to say it to the person's face. Pot and kettle.

Which can also be said the likes of Bexley and SeriouslyRed would not be able to come out with their nonsense 'in the real world'.