Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Jordan Ibe signed for Bournemouth.....£15m

Are you sure it's not £1.5M? ;-)

Only if katrien was negotiating for Liverpool
  • Not exactly transfer rumours as most are done deals, but if ever you needed an example of the pulling power of the premier league then look no further than Middlesbrough.

Newly promoted and have somehow managed to sign Victor Valdes, Alvaro Negredo, Gaston Ramirez, are in talks with a Valencia defender and now have reportedly agreed a deal for Subotic from Dortmund. A guy who's been a rock at the heart of the Dortmund defence for 7-8 years is leaving a regular champions league side to join a newly promoted english team.

Incredible transfer window for Boro.

They've come a long way since the days of Jamie Pollock, that's for sure
  • Ibe to Bouenemouth. Eddie Howe is brilliant.
  • edited July 2016
    Cousins signed for qpr.

Jbg to Burnley deal is almost complete
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

"Quote" rel="ricky_otto">Jordan Ibe signed for Bournemouth.....£15m

Only if katrien was negotiating for Liverpool
    Undisclosed surely?
  • Tom Bradshaw signed for Barnsley last night... Good move to weaken one of our rivals as cant see Walsall being much of a threat now, although Bradshaw and Winnell for Barnsley could be a good partnership
  • Valley11 said:

And I couldn't be arsed to start a 'have you seen the cafc Facebook pictures? Nicky Ajose isn't there. Is he injured?' Thread.

Didn't stay on the bench at bromley walked to the dressing room with a member of the backroom team, didn't look concerned
  • I hope Bournemouth fans are making the most of the premier league whilst they can as it's all going to end up in tears their soon.
  • There doing there hardest to stay in the prem,wonder if they will last as long as we did

That's a ludicrous sum of money for a player of his level. Good news for Wycombe as they will get £2 to £3m from their sell on clause
  • cfgs said:

colthe3rd said:

Any rumours anyone

I have some but I'm charging £2.50 for each one.
    But after lunchtime I hope you adding a £3 surcharge.
    Woah, I'm not an idiot, I want to keep my customers happy.
  • Nicholas said:

I hope Bournemouth fans are making the most of the premier league whilst they can as it's all going to end up in tears their soon.

Why is it? Quality manager and the squad is getting stronger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas said:

I hope Bournemouth fans are making the most of the premier league whilst they can as it's all going to end up in tears their soon.

Yep, and backed by a Russian billionaire.
  • Wouldn't say it would end in tears either even if they went down. Them and Burnley probably don't have particularly big expectations are are both set up to go back up if they have a bad season (which you'd expect of their squads).
  • Oh what a tangled web we weave.

I'm not sure I believe the £1.5m figure.

It appears to come from the QPR end. A lower figure in the public domain would suit them as it looks to their fans as if they have a bargain and are shrewd negotiators. Having been a basket case for years in the way they recruited players they need that.

But even if it isn't true it has been repeated so often now it will be accepted as fact.

Why didn't Charlton get a figure out there in advance? They will no doubt try and get a different (and possibly true) figure out there but it will be too little and too late.

Again Katrien will at best be reactive, not proactive, in getting her story out there and so loses again. Her news management is close to non-existent, we have no comms manager and no comms strategy. Did they think the Solly deal would deflect anger over a Cousins sale? They certainly thought that the Ajose, Novak and Holmes deals would bring back lapsed ST holders as they have instructed the company calling those ex-STs to ask the question.

Most of use realised that Cousins, and JBG, would go as soon as we were relegated. They want to go and more importantly the club are desperate to move them on. Their new contracts last summer were very expensive (£25k pw for JBG according to Redhenry who is normally a realiable source).

Katrien had, and presumably still has, targets each season for player sales. So someone has to go.

The question is that what are KMs sales targets? How much does she need to raise? Because if we "only" get £1.5m for Cousins but she budgeted for it being £3m then that extra money has to come from somewhere.

Roland could loan the club he owns some more money. Yes, he could but I don't think it is likely. He's set the budget and that will be that. So it either comes from savings or from sales. KM appears to have told Roland that changing the Belgian deckchairs for some British versions on the Charlton Titanic will stop the ship sinking.

But the good ship Charlton will only survive if it changes direction more substantially. Away from the small, inexperienced, injury prone iceberg that sunk the ship last year and towards the open sea of a balanced squad, with a good blend and an experienced skipper (which in Slade at least we have).

So Meire has to somehow meet Roland's budget AND allow Slade to build a proper squad. Even for an experienced and skilled CEO that would be a big ask, for Katrien it will be next to impossible.

I can't stand people who knock up any old drivel in a shameless quest for 'Likes'.
  • Nicholas said:

I just reckon they are punching way above their weight, spending way too much, think they will get ripped apart by the big boys as in taking any decent players off them. and if they go down and dont come back up straight away they could follow suit of Pompey especailly if their backer calls it a day.
  • Size of clubs no longer matterspoo
    Nicholas said:

why?
  • edited July 2016
    Redhenry said:

Size of clubs no longer

Nicholas said:

why?
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

I just reckon they are punching way above their weight, spending way too much, think they will get ripped apart by the big boys as in taking any decent players off them. and if they go down and dont come back up straight away they could follow suit of Pompey especailly if their backer calls it a day.
    Oh like us then, when our backer pulls out?.
  • This isn't intended as a defense of the execrable Meire. Players leaving for what look like lowish fees e.g. Jordan Cousins.
    JC signed a 3 or 4 year deal a year or so ago. Is it not possible that the transfer to qpr involves him getting a big signing on fee from them rather than a payoff from Charlton? Charlton would have to record such payoffs as wages thus inflating the operating loss - with all the FFP implications. Also an inflated reported transfer fees will inevitably inflate other clubs' expectations of what CAFC might pay for their offcasts.
  • worrying its all gone quite on the rumours front in coming.

I was hopeful that we would actually build a squad this season but as Gumbo said think it is going to be a case of leaving the squad thin again and expecting youngster to plug the gaps.
  • worrying its all gone quite on the rumours front in coming.

I was hopeful that we would actually build a squad this season but as Gumbo said think it is going to be a case of leaving the squad thin again and expecting youngster to plug the gaps.

While we're in Austria, I imagine things will go quiet.