Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• How fit is Philips?
  • shirty5 said:

Is anyone really surprised by this news? They want to run it on the cheap and sell anyone that will make them a few euros. These clowns are not to be trusted and I can't believe how gullible some people have been towards them.

Not really but perhaps for different reasons.

I think the plan was to keep Pope but the failure to get the £3m they wanted and expected to get for Cousins has meant a change of plan.

Just my guess not ITK.
  • edited July 2016
    colin1961 said:

any offer over a mill for Pope you would be foolish to turn it down ..
    As good as he might turn out to be at this time he not worth that much and you still don't feel secure with him in goal
    Henderson is only an interest ..

Rather see a new keeper come in who is steady eddie and more important can play 46 league games with Phillips as back up

As soon as another club becomes interested, the only question left is how much money will Roland get for them.

If Forest offer 200k for Hendo, I expect it would be rejected but if they came back on the deadline with another 200k offer, do you really think Roland would turn it down?

Anyone they can get any sort of fee for will be sold.
  • edited July 2016

I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

Sam Walker from Colchester is what I've heard, But how true that is I don't know.
  • These latest developments reflect, once agin, the complete absence of any football ambition. I'm particularly disappointed to lose Popey, a fine young goalie whose wages can hardly have been prohibitive.

No doubt Lookman will be next out the door, unless there is an earlier offer for Texeira (or, indeed, anyone else). If Duchatelet can raise £10 million or so from player sales, he'll cover off last season's losses and give himself a bit of a buffer for the coming season, given the £4.5 million loss of broadcasting and solidarity payments (partly mitigated by a rapidly reducing wage bill). He'll be congratulating himself and Meire on a job well done and clearly doesn't give two hoots about challenging for promotion to the Championship - notwithstanding the fact that players in League 1 and below rarely command meaningful transfer fees - i.e. the Staprix model cannot succeed (even on it's own terms) in the lower divisions.

I seem to recall that Duchatelet sold all the best players he could at Standard before he cleared off, although I fear that the misery of his tenure at our club has some way to run.
  • I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

Sam Walker from Colchester is what I've heard, But how true that is I don't know.
    Was out with a cruciate ligament injury last season so sounds perfect for us. KM will prob spend three quarters of the pope money on him too, just to compound the clownery.
  • It's more like a stag doo, where the bloke getting married hasn't got many friends.
  • Sponsored links:

• Now we hope that Nick Pope doesnt want to play second fiddle
  • I hate football.
  • shirty5 said:

Is anyone really surprised by this news? They want to run it on the cheap and sell anyone that will make them a few euros. These clowns are not to be trusted and I can't believe how gullible some people have been towards them.

Not really but perhaps for different reasons.

I think the plan was to keep Pope but the failure to get the £3m they wanted and expected to get for Cousins has meant a change of plan.

Just my guess not ITK.
    Shows what a joke katrien is. If you want 3 million for a player then you play hard ball and not accept the first offer. Qpr probably had a figure that they were prepared to pay, say £2m. They probably went in with a low offer to test the water and it got accepted.

Pope and hendo will both be undisclosed. I reckon the combined total will be £1.2m
  • If they're selling players to bring new ones in then I can accept it, although selling someone like Pope who could do with a season as first choice seems idiotic.
    But surely we should be buying the players we want now? Rather than waiting for money to come in from sales? After all, our owner is minted so can afford to sub us a few quid until the Crown Jewels are flogged.
  • Can see us going in for Simon Moore at Cardiff if they manage to keep Marshall. I thought he was excellent a few years ago while at Brentford but he didn't get much of a chance at Cardiff. He did get a bit more of a run in the team under Slade though.
  • I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

Despite his injury he comes quite highly regarded. Would prefer an older head like David Marshall

• Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

A club like Charlton can't stop a young player like Pope moving to the prem sorry it's not going to happen but what we can do is get a decent fee and it looks like we have again with a sell on clause
    I've said it again and I'll say it again. You can! It's simple, you reject the offer and remind the player that they have a contract!

Sell on clauses do not make a deal good. If he goes to burnley he will be understudy to heaton who has been an ever present for two years and is an England international. Pope might not play much for 3 years and get released, then we won't get any add ons or sell on clauses.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLnFFS--qJE

At least we are going to give these young players loads of first team football in League One...
  • colin1961 said:

A club like Charlton can't stop a young player like Pope moving to the prem sorry it's not going to happen but what we can do is get a decent fee and it looks like we have again with a sell on clause
    I've said it again and I'll say it again. You can! It's simple, you reject the offer and remind the player that they have a contract!

Sell on clauses do not make a deal good. If he goes to burnley he will be understudy to heaton who has been an ever present for two years and is an England international. Pope might not play much for 3 years and get released, then we won't get any add ons or sell on clauses.
    Plus you tell them another year playing may get them a move to a club where they will be able to come tiniest progressing, by playing.
  • colin1961 said:

Unless he plays regularly his value will not increase, if he signs a 3 year deal after which he can leave on a free, no sell on fee will comes into play, just a way of keeping the initial fee down. Who is playing in goal to-night? should not think the club would want him to get injured.
  • If we continue to sell players, who signed contracts before September 2015, then we are losing one of the advantages we have over our opposition. Those contracts not counting towards the player wage bill for the league's financial restrictions. Is this right?
  • johnny73 said:

If we continue to sell players, who signed contracts before September 2015, then we are losing one of the advantages we have over our opposition. Those contracts not counting towards the player wage bill for the league's financial restrictions. Is this right?

Yes, but don't think that matters to them. KM has a sales target and a budget and that is all that matters
  • Can see us going in for Simon Moore at Cardiff if they manage to keep Marshall. I thought he was excellent a few years ago while at Brentford but he didn't get much of a chance at Cardiff. He did get a bit more of a run in the team under Slade though.

We'd be better off with Patrick Moore
  • The thing is, Pope will end up on loan back in league 1 again within 6 months.
  • colin1961 said:

Of course you can. You just reject the offer and tell him to get on with it.