Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• colin1961 said:

I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

Sam Walker from Colchester is what I've heard, But how true that is I don't know.
    A club like Charlton can't stop a young player like Pope moving to the prem sorry it's not going to happen but what we can do is get a decent fee and it looks like we have again with a sell on clause
    Of course you can. You just reject the offer and tell him to get on with it.
    Like.
  • cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

Sorry to say agents rule football now days , contracts mean nothing and clubs don't stand a chance of keeping players ,,,,, look at Leicester

So now you are comparing us to the current champions of England.
    We'll get there.
  • Valley11 said:

Why not stick KM in goal for the entire pre season. It'll be a laugh, and she'll see what it's like to be a professional footballer which will look good on her CV. And it's not the weirdest idea they've ever come up with.

Stick her along the line sideways, her beak will ensure a clean sheet!
    Like and lol.
  • Meire has kept her promise - where Pope is concerned, we have had the privilege of watching one of tomorrow's premiership stars. To quote Rene Artois, 'you stupid woman'.
  • I was told a couple of weeks ago that Pope wanted out.

Hendo seems much the same so they were inevitable. Sadly
  • Rd hasn't sold our top two keepers!! It's three, The Serbian kid has gone too!

Perhaps the plan is playing rush goalie next season.
  • Swisdom said:

I was told a couple of weeks ago that Pope wanted out.

Hendo seems much the same so they were inevitable. Sadly

Interesting that most of the training video focused on Pope making saves and yet 24 hours later he is on his way
  • Exclusive: Burnley have bid of around £1m accepted for Charlton stopper Nick Pope

Nick Pope is on his way to Burnley after Charlton accepted a bid of around £1m.

The young keeper impressed towards the back-end of last season, establishing himself as the Addicks’ no1.

Despite his good form, Pope could not stop Charlton’s downward slide to League One.

And News Shopper understands that Burnley have had a bid of just over £1m accepted for the 24-year-old.

Pope travelled with the Charlton squad to Austria but has since returned to discuss personal terms with the Premier League new boys.

His impending departure will leave Russell Slade with Stephen Henderson as the only senior goalkeeper at the club.
  • If we are serious about emulating the promotion season under Powell we should be identifying some of the best L1 players from last season and getting them signed up.

We made a good start with Ajose and Novak.

Next, I'd like to see us go after Marcus Maddison from Peterborough.
  • If we are serious about emulating the promotion season under Powell we should be identifying some of the best L1 players from last season and getting them signed up.

We'll probably end up with Marcus Garvey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't forget no loans after August this season so the squad needs to be in place. So no plugging the gaps.

I'm sure Roland is well aware of that....

We'll probably end up with Marcus Garvey.
    ...or Tudgay.
  • Don't forget no loans after August this season so the squad needs to be in place. So no plugging the gaps.

I'm sure Roland is well aware of that....

All we've done under this ownership is plug gaps. And that all we will continue to do. I'd be absolutely amazed if we managed to muster a top half finish.
  • colin1961 said:

I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

Sam Walker from Colchester is what I've heard, But how true that is I don't know.
    A club like Charlton can't stop a young player like Pope moving to the prem sorry it's not going to happen but what we can do is get a decent fee and it looks like we have again with a sell on clause
    Like.
    There's a button for that Elfs.
  • edited July 2016
    Piss poor squad, joke club, no fans and the world's most incompetent CEO. Can't actually get much worse.
    They need to go or the club will die!
  • colin1961 said:

Sorry to say agents rule football now days , contracts mean nothing and clubs don't stand a chance of keeping players ,,,,, look at Leicester

Ka

We can only truly judge the squad building come 2 September but so far, after a good start, the direction of travel doesn't look good.

But that can change quickly.

I'm not optimistic but neither am I slitting my wrists.

Yup it feels like a mid table squad at the moment.
  • johnny73 said:

This preseason feels exactly the same as the previous ones with Duchatelet.

Agreed.
  • Wonder if Slade now realises what a crazy cow our CEO is and that he has been sold a pup.

Not many more season tickets will be sold unless some decent players are added to the squad. Just waiting for the normal shit to appear from Belgium to make up the numbers.

Reckon at present rate we will be lucky to finish outside bottom 6.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope Slade kept the receipt for those new shoes...
  • colin1961 said:

Like.
    I know but I do not want to add to his total!
  • colin1961 said:

Like.
    I was going to locate you at Bury and buy you a pint at Bury as well.
  • colin1961 said:

Like.
    Mine's a large dry white wine! Will be at Bury with Elfs
  • colin1961 said:

Like.
    Why can't I like as well as LOL?!
  • colin1961 said:

Like.
    Mine's a large dry white wine! Will be at Bury with Elfs
    Elfs blown his chances :smiley:
    Why can't I lol as well as like?
  • "Ricky, Ricky Otto, Ricky Otto on the wing".

Can I now please have that drink?!

I reckon so.

I reckon so.
    "There's only one Ricky Otto".

Can I have another drink please?