Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• "One Otty Ricko..."

oh shit!
  • edited July 2016
    I've had more songs in the last 10 mins that the real Ricky Otto had during his career.

We've swerved of topic. Transfer rumours only :wink:
  • Dillon Phillips has been summoned to Austria according to Dr kish/ketts
  • sammy391 said:

Dillon Phillips has been summoned to Austria according to Dr kish/ketts

Does that suggest that Henderson is off too? Otherwise for the last few days, surely Henderson and Mitov is enough to work with until they're back?
  • And it's not even started yet :(
  • Is this Roland's/Katrien's revenge for all the protests.Get our hopes up with an English manager and a few decent signings...and then sell everyone else for peanuts and replace them with freebies and ultra cheap options?

• Pope can be replaced; it's good money . Doesn't improve the mood ahead of the season , however
  • This is starting to look like Katrien and Roland are about to go on a Wibble moment to end all others
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm having some money on us to be relegated ...
  • _MrDick said:

I'm having some money on us to be relegated ...

Really??? Yes we are mid fire sale but Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Oldham can only dream of players like solly, Holmes, Novak etc. Yes it's disappointing but players will come in. Promotion, no! Relegation, no. Upper mid table, yes
  • _MrDick said:

Really??? Yes we are mid fire sale but Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Oldham can only dream of players like solly, Holmes, Novak etc. Yes it's disappointing but players will come in. Promotion, no! Relegation, no. Upper mid table, yes
    Wow, I think I've just cum
    Thinking about Roland or katrien?
  • I think people are overreacting slightly here. Disappointing yes but it has been on the cards for a while. Tbf people were also overreacting at the times when Elliot, Hamer and Button left and we've done a good enough job at replacing the. Something has to have been lined up as this was known about, so I'm not that concerned yet. There are a lot of decent keepers about at the moment.
  • Sage said:

sammy391 said:

Dillon Phillips has been summoned to Austria according to Dr kish/ketts

Does that suggest that Henderson is off too? Otherwise for the last few days, surely Henderson and Mitov is enough to work with until they're back?
    Henderson os going to Notts Forest. To be honest, that doesn't really bother me as he clearly has zero interest in playing for us.
  • So how we doing so far? Just came across this red shirt on my annual browny points collection washing turn and remembered my sad Saturdays destiny.
  • colthe3rd said:

I think people are overreacting slightly here. Disappointing yes but it has been on the cards for a while. Tbf people were also overreacting at the times when Elliot, Hamer and Button left and we've done a good enough job at replacing the. Something has to have been lined up as this was known about, so I'm not that concerned yet. There are a lot of decent keepers about at the moment.

The offer was accepted on Friday , so probably haven't lined anyone up yet... KM is reactive rather than proactive remember!
  • Sponsored links:

• Upper mid table. Of league one. What every football fan should dream of, what every footballer should aspire to. Balls to that. Top six budget, top six finish, minimum.

Now the beer is wearing off I will expand....But katrien and Roland control this supposed top 6 budget, we have some top 6 players but not a top 6 squad and I don't think we will come September, hence my comment. We will finish around the 8 or 9 position but no way will be relegation candidates
  • No doubt we will end up with a washed up goalkeeper who won't ask for high wages. Someone like Roy Carroll springs to mind
  • Pope was poor most of last year. Had 2 or three good performances near the end but 1 million is good return. Now if we sell Henderson and leave us short, then that would be crazy

More like 6 or 7. 1m is a current reflection on ability but katrien miere doesn't seem to consider potential in negotiations. He has potential and keeps a lot of clean sheets with the league positions of the teams we have loaned him to significantly improving with him in the team. Like katrien, I'm no CEO! I havent negotiated a transfer before but surely potential is factored into the fee? Or am I wrong
  • _MrDick said:

Yes, really. We're in the middle of a fire sale and there'll be others gone by the end of the window. Tex, Bauer, Lookman, Watt will all go, I reckon and replaced with ??? We'll have a small squad and when injuries bite and with no emergency loans, it all points to one thing ... Disaster. I'm usually a glass half full person but as @oohaahmortimer would say Promotion 0% Mid table 50% Relegation 50%
  • colin1961 said:

I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

Sam Walker from Colchester is what I've heard, But how true that is I don't know.
    A club like Charlton can't stop a young player like Pope moving to the prem sorry it's not going to happen but what we can do is get a decent fee and it looks like we have again with a sell on clause
    Of course you can. You just reject the offer and tell him to get on with it.
    Like.
    There's a button for that Elfs.
    I know but I do not want to add to his total!
    I was going to locate you at Bury and buy you a pint at Bury as well.
    Mine's a large dry white wine! Will be at Bury with Elfs
    A lady with taste! Same drink as me.