Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• The thing is, Pope will end up on loan back in league 1 again within 6 months.

Yeah @ Millwall no doubt
  • colin1961 said:

I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

Sam Walker from Colchester is what I've heard, But how true that is I don't know.
    A club like Charlton can't stop a young player like Pope moving to the prem sorry it's not going to happen but what we can do is get a decent fee and it looks like we have again with a sell on clause
    Of course you can. You just reject the offer and tell him to get on with it.
    Indeed. You wonder what the club are telling Pope. Is it: 'we do want to sell you but we want the right price'? If so, that would hardly encourage Pope to stay.
  • colin1961 said:

I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

Sam Walker from Colchester is what I've heard, But how true that is I don't know.
    A club like Charlton can't stop a young player like Pope moving to the prem sorry it's not going to happen but what we can do is get a decent fee and it looks like we have again with a sell on clause
    Good god Colin, not again mate. as others have said he is under contract to the club, all KM has to say is no. Once again her bottle has gone, Pope goes we have no ready replacement (Hendo looks to be on the way out as well), you cant rely on untried youngsters for a whole season. We should keep Pope, and actually I don't understand why we would get any sell-on, he will be playing second fiddle to Heaton and bench warming does not increase anyone value.
  • edited July 2016

colin1961 said:

Good god Colin, not again mate. as others have said he is under contract to the club, all KM has to say is no. Once again her bottle has gone, Pope goes we have no ready replacement (Hendo looks to be on the way out as well), you cant rely on untried youngsters for a whole season. We should keep Pope, and actually I don't understand why we would get any sell-on, he will be playing second fiddle to Heaton and bench warming does not increase anyone value.
    I don't think it's about KM bottling it Red. I think it's about flogging players, regardless of price.
    It's bad for Charlton but it does mean KM gets another gold star from Roland to add to her chart.
  • league 2 beckons
  • colin1961 said:

Sorry to say agents rule football now days , contracts mean nothing and clubs don't stand a chance of keeping players ,,,,, look at Leicester

So now you are comparing us to the current champions of England.
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Like Scott Parker ??
    Scot Parker was proven at the top level and on decent wages and so was in a much stronger position. Pope isn't proven and isn't on big wages.
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Like Scott Parker ??
    yes like Scott Parker and every other brat footballer who stamps there feet to get a transfer.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Like Scott Parker ??
    With Scott Parker we were going up against a side who had just become the richest in English Football and were preparing for domination of the English Leagues

You can't compare those two!!
  • Bury Hoping To Beat Leicester City, Nottingham Forest To Signature Of Nigerian

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/840185848?-11197:833:0

Why is he leaving? He came in with plenty of congratulations for a good deal for the club. If Bury sign him, why is he not staying with us?
  • DRAddick said:

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Like Scott Parker ??
    Scot Parker was proven at the top level and on decent wages and so was in a much stronger position. Pope isn't proven and isn't on big wages.
    This. hasn't someone on her previously posted that Pope wanted to stay and play first team football at a key stage on his career? if this is true then the club must be forcing him out rather than Pope demanding to go. The pope to burnley transfer has been going on now for what, 6 weeks? If Pope wanted to go he would would have forced it through a month ago!
  • ross1 said:

Bury Hoping To Beat Leicester City, Nottingham Forest To Signature Of Nigerian

Why is he leaving? He came in with plenty of congratulations for a good deal for the club. If Bury sign him, why is he not staying with us?

Not sure this kid exists....
  • ross1 said:

Bury Hoping To Beat Leicester City, Nottingham Forest To Signature Of Nigerian

Too many ahead of him like Pope and Henderson.......
  • colin1961 said:

any offer over a mill for Pope you would be foolish to turn it down ..
    As good as he might turn out to be at this time he not worth that much and you still don't feel secure with him in goal
    Henderson is only an interest ..

Rather see a new keeper come in who is steady eddie and more important can play 46 league games with Phillips as back up

More secure at end of season, when idiots got off his back.
    The crowd let Henderson off from his howlers.
  • While we're talking about keepers, do we still have that Serbian keeper on our books?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

While we're talking about keepers, do we still have that Serbian keeper on our books?

No, transferred to Alcorcon.
  • While we're talking about keepers, do we still have that Serbian keeper on our books?

Gone to Alcercon according to their twitter, nothing on our OS
  • I know how badly the 'Belgian maffia' have ran our club (nearly into the frigging ground!) BUT SURELY we wouldn't sell BOTH bloody goalkeepers in pre season!!!!!!...............this would just be utter bollocks.
    RS MUST have someone lined up, no way would he allow this to happen, we cannot start the season with two relatively 'untried keepers'.
    I have been one of Nick Pope's fiercest critics over the years, but to be fair to him he did finish the season well, but going to a Premier league club as number two I think could destroy him. He should only have to look at our last keeper who thought he was good enough to do the same. By the way I really liked BH while he was with us, the sort of character needed at Charlton. I would certainly welcome him back but he wouldn't want to take the pay cut.
    I also like SH, could be a really top class keeper (obviously IF he stayed injury free) BUT to let them both go at the same time would be UNBELIEVABLE, this is why I have to believe the 'big man' has already got someone to step in (fingers crossed!!)
    It just goes to show how you can get depressed so quickly after getting quietly excited only a couple of weeks ago.

Still, I suppose there are more important things in life than bloody football. As you get older I think this is easier to understand.

COYR.............
  • Rd hasn't sold our top two keepers!! It's three, The Serbian kid has gone too!
  • edited July 2016
    You don't sell your main goalkeepers unless you have someone new lined up. Unless you are owned by a cockwomble like twochalets.
  • Swisdom said:

I'll be pissed to lose Pope.

Henderson doesn't want to be here (feelings mutual)

Henderson surely history and will be two more players needing to be replaced.
  • I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

Bob Bolder is still at the club. He's only 57.
    Lol
  • Valley11 said:

Why not stick KM in goal for the entire pre season. It'll be a laugh, and she'll see what it's like to be a professional footballer which will look good on her CV. And it's not the weirdest idea they've ever come up with.

Stick her along the line sideways, her beak will ensure a clean sheet!
  • Blucher said:

These latest developments reflect, once agin, the complete absence of any football ambition. I'm particularly disappointed to lose Popey, a fine young goalie whose wages can hardly have been prohibitive.

No doubt Lookman will be next out the door, unless there is an earlier offer for Texeira (or, indeed, anyone else). If Duchatelet can raise £10 million or so from player sales, he'll cover off last season's losses and give himself a bit of a buffer for the coming season, given the £4.5 million loss of broadcasting and solidarity payments (partly mitigated by a rapidly reducing wage bill). He'll be congratulating himself and Meire on a job well done and clearly doesn't give two hoots about challenging for promotion to the Championship - notwithstanding the fact that players in League 1 and below rarely command meaningful transfer fees - i.e. the Staprix model cannot succeed (even on it's own terms) in the lower divisions.

I seem to recall that Duchatelet sold all the best players he could at Standard before he cleared off, although I fear that the misery of his tenure at our club has some way to run.

Top top post.

Nail firmly on head.