Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• FORD said:

Pope and JBG off at some point and a few trialists playing in friendlies.
    Is this seriously all we have?

Oh for the transfer window to close and the excitement of picking up a few unattached players sleeping in a local skip!

The skips an upgrade. We usually look at Belgian smelters yards.
  • FORD said:

Pope and JBG off at some point and a few trialists playing in friendlies.
    Is this seriously all we have?

Oh for the transfer window to close and the excitement of picking up a few unattached players sleeping in a local skip!

I'm hoping that we sign players now we have got some money in from transfers but the regimes previous history will probably make your comments right
  • So basically were gonna have no goal keeper other than mitov? Hahahahaha clueless cunts at it again
  • I'll be pissed to lose Pope.

Henderson doesn't want to be here (feelings mutual)

• Ffs. Nothing's changed then.
  • Sponsored links:

• I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case
  • Mitov and Phillips left. Bet all of those who renewed after 3 decent singings feel a bit silly.
  • vffvff
    edited July 2016
    Maybe after Duchatelet has arranged the selling of all Charlton best players, he will sod off and sell up.

(I know, I am just trying to be hopeful after all the family silver has been sold).
  • I want to be optimistic and say we have a keeper lined up......we all know that this isn't the case

Bob Bolder is still at the club. He's only 57.
    I've heard he is off to sheff Utd, they are going to come good this year
  • ross1 said:
    Squad going backwards at a rate of knots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Although gutted to lose Pope, to a lesser degree Hendeson, I think goalkeeper is one of the easier positions to fill. That guy who played for Northern Ireland is on a free as it Joe Lewis from Cardiff. Both more than decent for League One and I'm sure there are plenty of others.
  • edited July 2016

Although gutted to lose Pope, to a lesser degree Hendeson, I think goalkeeper is one of the easier positions to fill. That guy who played for Northern Ireland is on a free as it Joe Lewis from Cardiff. Both more than decent for League One and I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Lewis signed for Aberdeen.
  • Depressing. Henderson is a fan's favourite and Pope is the future. To be potentially losing both (but especially Pope - he'll be an English Premier League keeper for years) is a hammer blow.
  • Didn't Joe Lewis sign for Aberdeen?

Surely we won't sell Pope AND Henderson?

Still waiting to hear if Watt is staying or not.
  • edited July 2016
    The thing is, we shouldn't be surprised. Complete and utter circus of a club.

Anybody who signs for us must either be desperate of have had a knock to the head.
  • Have some faith guys and girls...let us take a moment to reflect on the wise words issued following relegation.

<...>Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship.<...>

mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-charlton-athletic-relegation-to-league-one-3068129.aspx
  • Its so clear, Rat is cashing in and then hoping Slade can work some magic and get us promoted on free's if not Ajose goes and so does Rat leaving us in debt to him.
  • Mitov and Phillips left. Bet all of those who renewed after 3 decent singings feel a bit silly.

Yes more than silly, stupid idiot more like
  • For once Colin was right he said a week or so ago that Mitov and Phillips were the answer.