Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Am I the only person who wonders what Katrien does all day? OK she and Roland haven't a clue what they're doing that's a given, but does Katrien actually put in a shift?
    For example we have posts to be filled and lots to sort out for the new season, I don't see any signs that Katrien is getting to grips with the job.
    How does she fill those hours?
  • Foley, Crofts and Buxton are all on the plane to Austria. Cousins and Ba are not.
  • dickplumb said:

Foley, Crofts and Buxton are all on the plane to Austria. Cousins and Ba are not.

Wow... Where did this come from? - i.e. Am really surprised about Ba, wonder where he is off to
  • colin1961 said:

Redrobo said:

If Brighton turn down £4 mil for Stephens, how is Gudders only worth £2mil and Cousons £1mil?

We are being turned over and the claim that we will not sell our players cheap is shown up for what it is, empty words.

Charlton want 3 mill for Cousins but most likey get 2 mill plus add ons which given an international player like Hendricks of Derby been quoted at 3 mill, that's a good deal , Gudmunnson was 2.5 plus another mill with add-ons so again 3.5 is a good deal.
    Please stop making things up.
  • edited July 2016
    News Shopper Sport ‏@NewsShopperSprt 14m14 minutes ago
    #QPR are signing Jordan Cousins for £1.5m and he'll have his medical today, according to The Telegraph. #cafc
  • Foley Crofts and Buxton. Looks as if a couple of them will be incoming then.
    Good to see Slade given some of the JBG/Cousins/Lookman dividend to buy some credible players in their mid twenties.
    The players people want from us have more future ahead than past behind. Slade is presented with our squad Develops and Johnson and all, gets a few sweeteners in the three we have signed, and then presumably expected to fill the gaps with kids.
    I hope I am wrong but it looks like the same old same old, with a frisson of Paul Benson, Gary Doherty type players thrown in to cement our standing as a third tier club.
  • edited July 2016

colin1961 said:

Redrobo said:

If Brighton turn down £4 mil for Stephens, how is Gudders only worth £2mil and Cousons £1mil?

We are being turned over and the claim that we will not sell our players cheap is shown up for what it is, empty words.

Charlton want 3 mill for Cousins but most likey get 2 mill plus add ons which given an international player like Hendricks of Derby been quoted at 3 mill, that's a good deal , Gudmunnson was 2.5 plus another mill with add-ons so again 3.5 is a good deal.
    Please stop making things up.
    Bit too late for that mate :)
  • Redrobo said:

I'm very surprised that JBG's fee was wasn't inflated by the Euro factor, but JBG and Cousins were both in a team that were dismally relegated, while Stephens was in a team that narrowly missed promotion, I imagine this would impact the fees.
  • Sponsored links:

• Those amounts are low and disappointing.

Both Jordan and JBG are on long contracts - presumably to guarantee a decent fee - yet still we seem to be getting a bum deal.

From what I saw last night Buxton is worth a shout. Didn't see enough of Crofts or Foley (though Foley does have a Hasselbaink-sized arse and looks like he was carrying a little extra timber.

Anything we get for Ba is a bonus. I still think he'd do a job for us but really don't think his heart is at Charlton
  • £1.5m LOL.
    I'm worth more.
  • Selling are top players on the cheap is terrible for the club. I thought Murray was in charge of negation back in the day?
  • £1.5m is outrageous for Cousins.
  • Remind me how much we paid for Naby Sarr.

How people that claim we need to have a tight budget can be allowed to negotiate these deals again and again is beyond me.
  • I don't know why people are getting bent out of shape for because you know full well when these players do go it will be for an "Undisclosed" amount.

These figures being quoted are going to be BS anyway
  • cafctom said:

Solly committed himself to getting us is out of this league but I get the impression that Cousins wants to go. If that is the case then you're not always going to get top money for a player who doesn't want to be around.

Plus I know I'm in a minority here, but I think 1.5m is probably around what he is worth....

Do you reckon if there was a team out there in the Championship willing to give Chris Solly a 3 year deal he'd have been so quick to sign with us ?

I wouldn't blame any of our players, particularly those that have been through L1 with us before, taking a better opportunity. If we get £1.5m for Cousins that won't be Cousins fault and I won't be directing my anger towards him.
  • SLP said Ba claimed he was injured. I guess that's the reason rather than a move.
  • 1.5m nowhere near enough for Cousins considering his age , current length of contract . Honeymoon period well and truly over for Slade now . Mind you with these clueless cunts in charge , surprised we didn't give QPR 1.5 m to get him off the payroll ! Absolutely gutted .
  • Sponsored links:

• £1.5m is an absolute disgrace. Don't really believe it's that low but Cawley etc. yet to deny it.
  • Scoham said:

SLP said Ba claimed he was injured. I guess that's the reason rather than a move.

Ba "claimed" he was injured translates to "Ba is engineering a move away".

If players don't want to be here there is NO point in trying to convince them to stay

• Colin and his random numbers machine
  • Swisdom said:

Scoham said:

SLP said Ba claimed he was injured. I guess that's the reason rather than a move.

Ba "claimed" he was injured translates to "Ba is engineering a move away".

If players don't want to be here there is NO point in trying to convince them to stay

Ba is absolutely terrible, I wouldn't fight too hard to change his mind.
  • edited July 2016
    Swisdom said:

Those amounts are low and disappointing.

Both Jordan and JBG are on long contracts - presumably to guarantee a decent fee - yet still we seem to be getting a bum deal.

From what I saw last night Buxton is worth a shout. Didn't see enough of Crofts or Foley (though Foley does have a Hasselbaink-sized arse and looks like he was carrying a little extra timber.

Anything we get for Ba is a bonus. I still think he'd do a job for us but really don't think his heart is at Charlton

Ba can't speak English & Bergdytch was doing his talking at the POTY "do". I presume they were friends, out of necessity if nothing else.

I can see Ba leaving if Bergdytch effectively has. What other French speaking players do we have ?
  • Apparently Cousins is currently having his Medical @ Queens Park Rangers

Even fans on their forum think that its a great piece of Business
  • To those of you saying £1.5m is too low ... It's a buyers market when CAFC are desperate to get the wages off the books. We're being held to ransom and it's all the Belgians fault
  • colin1961 said:

se9addick said:

£1.5m is outrageous for Cousins.

Undisclosed Charlton asking price was 3 mill.
    Yet they've got 50% of that. Katrien Meire strikes again. Even £3m is too low.