Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• edited July 2016

@Redhenry Has Steve Head of Recruitment signed his contract yet?

To summarise:

In the last few days we've been rumoured to be looking at

Declan Rudd and Steve Moore (Both Keepers)

Jason Pearce (Central Defender)

Louis Thompson (Def Midfielder)

Yacine Bammou (Striker)

and Tex could be leaving

It wasn't Head that hadn't signed, I assumed it was, turns out It's the chap that has recommended players to us that have signed and potential signings.
  • Didn't Slade say or at least imply that we would have a keeper in place by tonight's game?
  • Didn't Slade say or at least imply that we would have a keeper in place by tonight's game?

i think it was a striker in a cast
  • Redhenry said:

To summarise:

Yacine Bammou (Striker)

and Tex could be leaving

It wasn't Head that hadn't signed, I assumed it was, turns out It's the chap that has recommended players to us that have signed and potential signings.
    Who is this guy and what is his role then @Redhenry?

Steve Head is Chief Scout so who else is there? Head of Recruitment? Director of Football?
  • Alex Pritchard shown the door by Spurs. Don't know if he'd drop to L1.
  • Or just - Scout
  • Pritchard. £8m to Swansea I read somewhere.
    Not Bradley
  • @Redhenry Has Steve Head of Recruitment signed his contract yet?

To summarise:

Yacine Bammou (Striker)

and Tex could be leaving

In addition I thought these rumours from last week were still being looked at and could happen :

Lewis Buxton RB/CB (was on trial)
    Kevin Foley RB / CM (On trial)
    Conor Grant ( Everton) CM / LM
    Oscar Gobern (on trial )CM
    Dean Cox ( Orient) CM / LM
    Jay Simpson (Orient) ST

I think Jamie O'Hara is unlikely though because I suspect his wage demands would be too high and I suspect he wouldn't be Slade's type of player .
  • That's 12 players, sign half of them and that's fine
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

Texeira will be sold, Bauer is always injured. Johnson and Lennon aren't good enough so, sell texeira and bring in 2 British Cbs who have a good understanding on what you have to do to get out of this league, seems like a good idea to me

Harsh on Lennon. Didn't let us down in his is debut season last year and did well on loan at Gillingham who had a good season in League 1. Think he'll play a lot of games this season and will be well down our list of concerns.
    If we could keep Lennon long enough i believe he could reach cult status like Rufus.
    That said it won't happen under this regime 1st offer he'll be gone
    Have you seen Lennon play ? Did you see Rufus play ? Do you seriously believe that statement or were you tripping when you wrote it ? :-)
    I have to agree with this . Rufus was first class when he was 18/19, if not the most subtle . Great pace , strength and tenacity
    If Rufus was coming through now, he'd be here for one season max before going to a premier league club.
    Your optimistic, a whole season!.
  • Jake buxton (a centre back) signing for Wigan from Derby, could be their replacement for Pearce
  • Was Dean Cox ever an actual Rumour or was he just a player we the fans would have liked to have seen signed?
  • Always rated Dean Cox so wouldn't be unhappy with him.

O'Hara, I'd imagine he'd really struggle to find a Champ club, especially if he does want to stay South. I could see it happening.
  • Don't think it was Steve Head. It's Slades man

Redhenry said:

To summarise:

Yacine Bammou (Striker)

and Tex could be leaving

Steve Head is Chief Scout so who else is there? Head of Recruitment? Director of Football

Don't know.
  • Redhenry said:

Louis Thompson is a player we are looking at.

Just spoke to my Robins supporting mate, he said LT is good League One player. Thompson came through their youth system before Norwich brought him with an immediate loan back to Swindon, that was in 2014 where he has been ever since.
  • Quite a few people recently have said O'Hara is unlikely because of his wage demands. However, less than 2 years ago he was at Blackpool and surely they can't have been paying much given that they're almost as badly run as we are.
  • Redhenry said:

Don't think it was Steve Head. It's Slades man

Redhenry said:

To summarise:

Yacine Bammou (Striker)

and Tex could be leaving

Steve Head is Chief Scout so who else is there? Head of Recruitment? Director of Football

Don't know.
    So Nugent?
  • Buxton to Wigan is done, guessing Pearce must be close to completion.
  • But SSN are apparently reporting 'Wall and MK also want him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Don't think it was Steve Head. It's Slades man

Redhenry said:

To summarise:

Yacine Bammou (Striker)

and Tex could be leaving

Don't know.
    Are you saying Head isn't Slade's man?

We know he came before Slade but seems odd to have a Chief Scout and another recruiter who works for the manager.
  • Think we'd be playing with fire if we got Jason Pearce, sure has has amazing grace but I'm afraid ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space with signings like this.
  • edited July 2016
    Oakster said:

Think we'd be playing with fire if we got Jason Pearce, sure has has amazing grace but I'm afraid ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space with signings like this.

Signings like this are pure(ly) a phase Katrien is going through.

Why would you assume that have missed out on a player because we have another signing done. More likely we have missed out on both.
    Different Buxton.

Why would you assume that have missed out on a player because we have another signing done. More likely we have missed out on both.
    We were never after jake Buxton
  • Oakster said:

Think we'd be playing with fire if we got Jason Pearce, sure has has amazing grace but I'm afraid ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space with signings like this.

Would he be keen to join a club that's Fucked Up Inside?
  • I was working out how to make that joke
  • Breathtaking day in the market I see.

This, again.