Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Going by the current squad size, anyone over the age of 17 with 2 legs is in the first team plans this year.

Wow don't be silly mate...

Asif you would need two legs
  • They probably dont even have a clue what the budget is of a League One team with their theory on it probably being; We've just been relegated from a higher Division so we're one of the three best teams in League One now!!

What they will know is that under Financial Fair Play rules for League 1, wages may not exceed 60% of turnover.
    Although: "Arrangements are in place whereby clubs are allowed to exclude the wage costs of all players that the club signed pre September of the relegation season, if they were signed on contracts in excess of 3 seasons."
    And owners can donate money which is included as turnover. Of course RD loans his money so it doesn't count.

Of course he'd also rather Muldoon gets 25 games than pay £300k on a proven player like Powell did. It's only League One after all, can't be that difficult.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php
  • Everyday passes wages saved.
  • Where's Colin i miss him
  • Where's Colin i miss him

He said on ITTV the other day that his ban is over.
  • So Russell thought the trip to Austria would be the team building exercise, yet he now only has 11 days to fashion a team that is 'miles away' from being ready.
  • seth plum said:

So Russell thought the trip to Austria would be the team building exercise, yet he now only has 11 days to fashion a team that is 'miles away' from being ready.

Maybe he was team building the youth group, half the others have gone
  • RedChaser said:

Will Jason Pearce be the first Pearce to play for The Addicks ? I've supported since 1961 and I can't think of one in those years or heard of one previously.

Cyril Pearce 1932/33 to 1936/37 Centre Forward 52 goals in 68 apps league, 3 goals in 7 apps cup.
    That was during our back to back promotions from 3rd Div South (champions 34/35) to the old 1st Division and runners up spot in that top flight.

'And if you know your history it's enough to make your heart go whoooooa' :wink:
    Was that a flashback to your teenage years red :wink:
  • I may be being a bit too cynical here, but surely if the Simon Moore deal was as cut and dry as we thought it would've been announced today? Seen a few people who I wouldn't usually consider 'ITK' saying it might not happen.
  • edited July 2016
    cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

Will Jason Pearce be the first Pearce to play for The Addicks ? I've supported since 1961 and I can't think of one in those years or heard of one previously.

Cyril Pearce 1932/33 to 1936/37 Centre Forward 52 goals in 68 apps league, 3 goals in 7 apps cup.
    That was during our back to back promotions from 3rd Div South (champions 34/35) to the old 1st Division and runners up spot in that top flight.

'And if you know your history it's enough to make your heart go whoooooa' :wink:
    Was that a flashback to your teenage years red :wink:
    Ha, no but my Dad started supporting them as a 15 year old in 1933 and used to tell me the stories. I must come clean though the stats were taken from Richard Redden's 'Valley of Joy Valley of Tears - the history of Charlton Athletic'. It's a great read for those that haven't, I think the museum @Henry Irving might have second hand copies for sale if anyone can't get hold of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure loan or perm though
  • Redhenry said:

Heard we may be interested in Declan Rudd. Good signing if true

Very good keeper
  • Redhenry said:

Come from your normal source? Would be a brilliant signing!
  • edited July 2016

They probably dont even have a clue what the budget is of a League One team with their theory on it probably being; We've just been relegated from a higher Division so we're one of the three best teams in League One now!!

What they will know is that under Financial Fair Play rules for League 1, wages may not exceed 60% of turnover.
    Although: "Arrangements are in place whereby clubs are allowed to exclude the wage costs of all players that the club signed pre September of the relegation season, if they were signed on contracts in excess of 3 seasons."
    But we've sold or loaned just about all of those by now, haven't we?!
    Ba, Bauer, Bergdich (although believe he's gone), Ceballos, Kashi, Sarr (probable wages subsidy), Solly, Vetokele (probable wages subsidy), Watt (probable wages subsidy) and sundry youngsters on very long deals, I think . . .
  • The next one I would like to see given a trial, is KM for impersonating a CEO

A
  • As number two to Moore ?
  • Don't know anything about Moore signing, told Rudd is better
  • Redhenry said:

Do we know if this could be a quick deal or could take some time ?
  • Would be happy with either of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Move on nothing to see here !
  • edited July 2016
    Norwich have just signed McGovern. So that's three top keepers in Ruddy, Mcgovern and Rudd. Looks like he's third choice and only has a year left on his current deal, which may suggest it's a permanent deal rather than loan. Shortlisted for player of the month last December.
    (The best of wiki, obviously).
  • Let's hope so
  • Latrien has been ultra busy today. There are 48 ceiling tiles in her office ceiling. She counted it twice!

Would be very surprised if she could count that high
  • They probably dont even have a clue what the budget is of a League One team with their theory on it probably being; We've just been relegated from a higher Division so we're one of the three best teams in League One now!!

Does that include subsidised wages for all the players we have loaned because no one wanted to buy them and wages paid up to cancel contracts of players no one would even loan?
  • edited July 2016

Latrien has been ultra busy today. There are 48 ceiling tiles in her office ceiling. She counted it twice!

What's the floor to ceiling height in her office then?
  • RedChaser said:

Latrien has been ultra busy today. There are 48 ceiling tiles in her office ceiling. She counted it twice!

What's the floor to ceiling height in her office then?
    So low that she has to bend down to waist height to get in.

That's how she pleases Roland