Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Let's hope so
  • I've seen him once or twice in Beckenham. Good move for him and local. He's not to blame for the injury problems imo
  • Any news on the goalie Slade mentioned we're about to sign? He said it would be done within 48-72 hours after L'Orient game.
  • I looked over injuries across the season while updating the squad for the next FM. I was surprised how many minor injuries Cousins and JBG picked up. If we had a suitable squad for an entire season they'd have been rested or only made the bench a lot more often.

As well as playing in a weaker side these injuries they had to play through couldn't have helped their performances.
  • Peter_G said:

It was Tony Burns who had the throw that was longer and more accurate than anything Dean Kiely could do with his kicking. In fairness though, Dean Kiely was a lot better with all the important stuff that 'keepers are expected to do. Burns was not that good. Ex Arsenal and Brighton when we signed him in 1968.

I think it was actually Peter Whiting who could throw the ball from penalty area to penalty area. A New Zealander joined in 1967, can't remember if he was any good though :-)
  • Redhenry said:

Heard we may be interested in Declan Rudd. Good signing if true

Nah it's Declan Donnelly we're in for.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declan_Rudd

Someone has updated Rudd's wikipedia page showing his current team as Charlton with squad number 13.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ketts saying Simon moore signing next week on a season long loan. Good news

Why next week ?????? Why not now ? Aah of course so douche bag can get away without paying wages for a week
  • Cool rumours

W
    Senpai said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declan_Rudd

Someone has updated Rudd's wikipedia page showing his current team as Charlton with squad number 13.

Current team 'Charlton Athletics'.
  • edited July 2016

Texeira will be sold, Bauer is always injured. Johnson and Lennon aren't good enough so, sell texeira and bring in 2 British Cbs who have a good understanding on what you have to do to get out of this league, seems like a good idea to me

Harsh on Lennon. Didn't let us down in his is debut season last year and did well on loan at Gillingham who had a good season in League 1. Think he'll play a lot of games this season and will be well down our list of concerns.
    If we could keep Lennon long enough i believe he could reach cult status like Rufus.
    That said it won't happen under this regime 1st offer he'll be gone
    Have you seen Lennon play ? Did you see Rufus play ? Do you seriously believe that statement or were you tripping when you wrote it ? :-)
    I tell you what that Big Dipper by the Blackpool tower is some ride :smiley:
  • Texeira will be sold, Bauer is always injured. Johnson and Lennon aren't good enough so, sell texeira and bring in 2 British Cbs who have a good understanding on what you have to do to get out of this league, seems like a good idea to me

Harsh on Lennon. Didn't let us down in his is debut season last year and did well on loan at Gillingham who had a good season in League 1. Think he'll play a lot of games this season and will be well down our list of concerns.
    If we could keep Lennon long enough i believe he could reach cult status like Rufus.
    Have you seen Lennon play ? Did you see Rufus play ? Do you seriously believe that statement or were you tripping when you wrote it ? :-)
    I have to agree with this . Rufus was first class when he was 18/19, if not the most subtle . Great pace , strength and tenacity
  • RedChaser said:

To be fair I heard from a very good source at the back end of last season that Erol was at his wits end with having to rush players back before they were ready.

His departure does not surprise me at all. I don't expect he will spill the beans now but he served us well and is better off out of the madhouse. Good luck to him for the future.

Edit; forgot to mention that players were apparently signed in the January transfer window without them having taken their medicals, which had to be outsourced, thus potentially putting even more pressure on the medical team.

Bloody hell. Does their incompetence know no end
  • edited July 2016
    cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

To be fair I heard from a very good source at the back end of last season that Erol was at his wits end with having to rush players back before they were ready.

His departure does not surprise me at all. I don't expect he will spill the beans now but he served us well and is better off out of the madhouse. Good luck to him for the future.

Edit; forgot to mention that players were apparently signed in the January transfer window without them having taken their medicals, which had to be outsourced, thus potentially putting even more pressure on the medical team.

Bloody hell. Does their incompetence know no end
    I'm not sure but I think we may have been 'Doctorless' then so had no option but to outsource the medicals which had to be done swiftly very close to deadline day.
  • If any of our recent young defenders get to Rufus levels of talent, it won't be Lennon. Gomez maybe, and if he breaks through this season then perhaps Konsa, but that's very unlikely. Rufus was widely regarded as one of the best players in his position to not win an international cap, and that is a very, very high bar that's set
  • I'm expecting at least 3 new / on trial players tomorrow
  • Chrispy51 said:

I'm expecting at least 3 new / on trial players tomorrow

Sadly they'll all be playing for the opposition!
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

Texeira will be sold, Bauer is always injured. Johnson and Lennon aren't good enough so, sell texeira and bring in 2 British Cbs who have a good understanding on what you have to do to get out of this league, seems like a good idea to me

I have to agree with this . Rufus was first class when he was 18/19, if not the most subtle . Great pace , strength and tenacity
    If Rufus was coming through now, he'd be here for one season max before going to a premier league club.
    Undisclosed
  • edited July 2016
    So if Moore is signing are we still interested in Declan Rudd ? Can't see either coming to sit on bench.
  • I bet once again, just like when they entered the club and under-estimated the Championship, they are now looking at League One and thinking that they won't need to do much and the players we already have plus young players would be competitive.

They never learn their lesson about under-estimating the league they are in. They bring in a good manager who knows the league, then still don't trust that his knowledge of what personnel you need to do well in the division is more advanced than their own views.
  • Meanwhile Palace are being linked with Robin Van Persie in the SLP.
  • Ketts said:

Ketts saying Simon moore signing next week on a season long loan. Good news

Why next week ?????? Why not now ? Aah of course so douche bag can get away without paying wages for a week
    I wrote the piece about Moore signing 'next week' on Saturday, so 'next week' is now 'this week'. Hope I haven't confused you all.
    We're just trying to figure out which week Colin will break it as an exclusive. Using those timings I'd say another two weeks.
  • Meanwhile Palace are being linked with Robin Van Persie in the SLP.

Let Pardew spunk all their money.
  • CP linked with RVP in the SLP..................this should be in the acronym thread