Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I'd be surprised if Pearce is on low wages. They signed him the year after the were relegated from the Prem I think.
  • I won't doubt the great Redhenry but why is Pearce even considering coming here?
  • The next one I would like to see given a trial, is KM for impersonating a CEO

Guilty, take her down. Next!
  • Redhenry said:

Pearce seems to be a goer

Not until Tex leaves though I'd imagine?
  • I won't doubt the great Redhenry but why is Pearce even considering coming here?

He's from London.
  • Scoham said:

Redhenry said:

Pearce seems to be a goer

Not until Tex leaves though I'd imagine?
    don't be silly, one out then one in, be weird the other way round

He's from London.
    And he's our new captain (when Jacko isn't playing)

• Still would prefer to keep Tex.

Despite all the outgoings it's quite depressing that we have to sell again before bringing someone else in
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we sure it's not Phyllis Pearce?

• If reports are true and Slade had to fight just to get Crofts in on a free, how are we suddenly going to make 4-5 signings this week?
  • Pearce would be a great signing and wouldn't be cheap, but should be in addition to Tex. Bauer, Pearce, Tex, Lennon are a solid 4 choices at CB. Tex goes and we are mullered if we get injuries/suspensions
  • So our squad still wont be any bigger. Great.
  • If reports are true and Slade had to fight just to get Crofts in on a free, how are we suddenly going to make 4-5 signings this week?

because he has called their bluff. we all know now that he isn't happy with his squad. so either they back him or if they don't we all know who's fault it is when we have a shit season, even worse for them if they don't improve the squad he may walk and again it will be them facing the flak.
  • We are playing the probabilities game. We had loads of injuries last year, therefore we couldn't possibly get any injuries this year.

N.B. Do we have a doctor and a physio yet?
  • Why would we have to get rid of anyone because of their wages when our owner is worth £500 - £1bn and has aspirations of the PL apparently?
  • CAFCsayer said:

Pearce would be a great signing and wouldn't be cheap, but should be in addition to Tex. Bauer, Pearce, Tex, Lennon are a solid 4 choices at CB. Tex goes and we are mullered if we get injuries/suspensions

Doubt that will happen.

They'll likely go with Pearce and Johnson (or Bauer if he stays), then Lennon to come in when he's fit again. Konsa will probably play in the cups and make the odd sub appearance and there's Diarra too when he's fit again.

In the report on Twitter I see KM did not want Croft because we have Diara for that role, so it may be that although they are happy to bring in players it is a case of only if they think it suits so someone with a re-sale potential or is needed like a GK.
  • Sponsored links:

Because Slade's got a wicked upper cut and Katrien doesnt want to feel the force of that again!!

In the report on Twitter I see KM did not want Croft because we have Diara for that role, so it may be that although they are happy to bring in players it is a case of only if they think it suits so someone with a re-sale potential or is needed like a GK.
    So who's managing the team Slade or shit face?
  • Dizzle said:

Can't we keep Tex and release Johnson?

Only being able to like something once sucks. Like X 1,000,000

So who's managing the team Slade or shit face?
    That is where it looks like Slade has won the first round and got his man.
  • Will Jason Pearce be the first Pearce to play for The Addicks ? I've supported since 1961 and I can't think of one in those years or heard of one previously.

Probably by selling Ademola .
  • edited July 2016

Will Jason Pearce be the first Pearce to play for The Addicks ? I've supported since 1961 and I can't think of one in those years or heard of one previously.

Cyril Pearce 1932/33 to 1936/37 Centre Forward 52 goals in 68 apps league, 3 goals in 7 apps cup.
    That was during our back to back promotions from 3rd Div South (champions 34/35) to the old 1st Division and runners up spot in that top flight.

'And if you know your history it's enough to make your heart go whoooooa' :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Will Jason Pearce be the first Pearce to play for The Addicks ? I've supported since 1961 and I can't think of one in those years or heard of one previously.

Cyril Pearce 1932/33 to 1936/37 Centre Forward 52 goals in 68 apps.
    Is he avaliable ?