Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Kevin Foley still training with us.
  • Very good player for league 1.

What's frustrating me is I keep getting these line ups in my head that will never come to pass.....

Moore
    Solly
    Fox
    Pearce / Tex
    Bauer
    Holmes
    Gobern
    O Hara
    Harriott
    Novak
    Ajose
  • edited July 2016
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he's a League-One-esque Jordan Cousins?

Quite depressing that we've sold JC to QPR while they release Gobern...
  • Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he's a League One Jordan Cousins?

That's how I described him when we were initially linked with him.

• Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he's a League One Jordan Cousins?

Well as we are in league one perhaps that's not a bad thing.

Knew it must've been in my head from somewhere. :-)
  • edited July 2016
    mr.se7 said:

#cafc chasing a fair few targets this week. Looking set to be another busy week.

Rich Cawley on Twitter.

Thank god. Let's hope Russell gets his half a dozen.

By my reckoning we need:

x1 GK - an obvious need, I'm hoping we secure Moore
    x1 RB - back-up for Solly (Buxton? Foley?)
    x1 CB - Pearce would be good, Buxton is also an option here
    x1 RM - we know Slade likes to play with one winger so Foley is the obvious option, maybe O'Hara
    x1 CM - must be creative!!! (Gobern on trial, maybe O'Hara again)
    X1 FW - another target man is a necessity, Novak can't be expected to go 46 games a season. KAG is adequate back-up for Ajose.

As my notes suggest a couple of these players are utility and can cover multiple positions, in theory signing Foley or Buxton could reduce the number of signings needed from six to five.

This is, however, the minimum we need in my opinion, and that depends on no further outgoings. If Tex and/or Bauer leaves, we need replacement centre backs and if Diarra and/or Kashi goes, we probably need another midfielder.

• I rate Gobern. Be nice to get a few in this week!
  • edited July 2016
    Thing is I like who we are being linked with - for league 1 they have excellent pedigree.

Pearce
    O hara
    Gobern

Even Foley.

The next 5 days will say a lot as to whether Russ will have anything like a chance or if both hands will remain firmly tied.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard Cawley @RichCawleySLP
    #cafc chasing a fair few targets this week. Looking set to be another busy week.
  • Positive. Maybe they've listened to his interview yesterday?

Lets hope it doesn't mean any significant outs to finance it all!
  • edited July 2016
    I like the sound of signing Moore, Pearce, Buxton, O'Hara. Throw in Gobern (I'd rather have Maddison but I'm not too picky...) plus another forward and we have a competitive squad for the season ahead.

Anyone have a Kermorgant cloning machine?
  • I like the sound of signing Moore, Pearce, Buxton, O'Hara. Throw in Gobern plus another forward and we have a competitive squad for the season ahead.

Don't think Buxton is in the equation anymore. Suspect it will be Foley. He will be seen as cover for midfield and right back.
  • edited July 2016

I like the sound of signing Moore, Pearce, Buxton, O'Hara. Throw in Gobern plus another forward and we have a competitive squad for the season ahead.

Don't think Buxton is in the equation anymore. Suspect it will be Foley. He will be seen as cover for midfield and right back.
    My preference would've been Buxton as he can fill in at centre back. Foley doesn't fill me with confidence as a midfielder. But I accept that's the more likely option now.
  • Essex_Al said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP · 3m3 minutes ago

Oscar Gobern set to join #cafc on trial and could play against Ipswich on Tuesday

Would be a good signing that.
  • How many new signings will get long-term deals I wonder?
  • Reading feedback of friendlies it seems that Buxton was the only one of 3 trialists that impressed but we will sign the other historical crocks regardless and let him look elsewhere.
  • What happened to the Jay Simpson rumour?
  • Moore, Buxton, Pearce, Dawson, Gobern, Simpson would definitely cover the major areas in my eyes. However expect to see Lookman, Teixeira and possibly Fox leave in that time
  • Sponsored links:

After his performance yesterday hopefully it has been consigned to Room 101!
  • How I see things going...

IN: Moore, Foley, Pearce, Dawson, O'Hara/Gobern, + 1 striker

OUT: Phillips on loan to Cheltenham, Tex sold, and possibly Lookman sold.

But hoping to maybe see a team at some point of something like:

Moore
    Solly Pearce Lennon/Bauer Fox
    Holmes Dawson O'Hara Harriott
    Ajose Novak

Did nothing for the Orient on Saturday
  • Need another keeper if Phillips goes
  • sam3110 said:

Moore, Buxton, Pearce, Dawson, Gobern, Simpson would definitely cover the major areas in my eyes. However expect to see Lookman, Teixeira and possibly Fox leave in that time

Since relegation I have always thought the departures would be more significant than the arrivals.

A blood stained glove in the West stand car park..?
  • What price on Tex being yet another player who is loaned out? 1/100?
  • What price on Tex being yet another player who is loaned out? 1/100?

Don't be so negative.....it'll be a free transfer.
  • We'll see what happens with Tex but as with everything this boards done you just can not guess what they'll do next.

My mate who spoke to Steve Avory had said Charlton were not looking to sell Texeira...

He has now come back and said imagine an Vetokele type scenario, he will go somewhere else at a higher level on loan, to return to us in January to strengthen us in the second half of the season.

I asked if he's spoken to Avory again and he said no... So I'm calling BS on him this time.
  • The plan with Vetokele was to get fit and return next season in the Champ. It seems that they have to get Tex's salary off of the books.