Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• comments on Cawley's story about Pearce interest

Jez scorer ‏@JezScorer 4h4 hours ago
    @RichCawleySLP think texeria is def off if this is true

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4h4 hours ago
    @JezScorer Slade wants British defence anyway.

Where does that leave Tex and Bauer?

If that is true surely the blokes (amongst other things) has lost it. Would he rather have a useless British tit than classy foreign players.

Think I know where this season is going to end up if it is true.
  • WSS said:

I don't understand why roger Johnsons gutter mouth makes him a bad player?

It doesn't.

His lack of footballing ability does though.
    Agreed. There are a lot of comments on here about his use of the English language. Most players use similar language so I don't understand why Johnson is the only one getting slated for it
    Because he's using it to slate his colleagues publicly on the pitch whilst being shite himself.
  • Let's hope we bring in replacements before selling this time.

Hope springs eternal :wink:
  • Redhenry said:

I think some on here need to chill. The window isn't shut yet. ☃

I think that is fair enough, some people ON HERE may well benefit from chilling out, man.

Trouble is that it the manager saying were miles away, the kids won't be enough and we need 5 or 6 more.

It's Russ you need to tell to chill, not anyone on here.
    I'm not pleased with the situation at the moment but some of the comments are OTT.

Don't be silly

That's what a normal club would look to do.
  • *Not a rumour* Bournemouth signing a left back, that leaves them with Mings, Daniels and I'm assuming this bloke all ahead of Wiggins. Was critical of him in the championship but another experienced player who knows the club well. With Fox probably leaving we'll be left with THD only I think. Maybe another 18 year old. Worth a go?
  • *Not a rumour* Bournemouth signing a left back, that leaves them with Mings, Daniels and I'm assuming this bloke all ahead of Wiggins. Was critical of him in the championship but another experienced player who knows the club well. With Fox probably leaving we'll be left with THD only I think. Maybe another 18 year old. Worth a go?

Premier league wages. Let me think.

• Sponsored links:

• If Fox is sold then he's worth a contract, given there's no transfer fee involved. Otherwise having three left backs is overkill.

On the subject of Tex, I think we'd be mad to actively look to sell him. Just better pray they have some decent replacement lined up if he's on the way out.

You need four centre backs to last the season. Tex, BFG, Lennon and Pearce would be a good group of CBs to have in L1.

It's Rhoys Wiggins not Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Doubt he'll have too many suitors in the championship after his spell at Wednesday.

It's Rhoys Wiggins not Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Doubt he'll have too many suitors in the championship after his spell at Wednesday.
    Or perhaps he's quite content being in their squad earning more than we would be able or prepared to offer. In any case I don't think we're in the market for a left back.

• Wigan being linked with Jake Buxton from Derby to replace Jason Pearce.
  • Might well be back in for Stephen Dawson. Source a text message from a friend.
  • Even 'Stupid Boy' Pike didn't want to sign for Charlton.

• Don't tell em your name
  • Sponsored links:

• Texeira will be sold, Bauer is always injured. Johnson and Lennon aren't good enough so, sell texeira and bring in 2 British Cbs who have a good understanding on what you have to do to get out of this league, seems like a good idea to me

Harsh on Lennon. Didn't let us down in his is debut season last year and did well on loan at Gillingham who had a good season in League 1. Think he'll play a lot of games this season and will be well down our list of concerns.
    If we could keep Lennon long enough i believe he could reach cult status like Rufus.
    That said it won't happen under this regime 1st offer he'll be gone
  • Texeira will be sold, Bauer is always injured. Johnson and Lennon aren't good enough so, sell texeira and bring in 2 British Cbs who have a good understanding on what you have to do to get out of this league, seems like a good idea to me

Harsh on Lennon. Didn't let us down in his is debut season last year and did well on loan at Gillingham who had a good season in League 1. Think he'll play a lot of games this season and will be well down our list of concerns.
    I saw Lennon make his debut away at Huddersfield in the 2014/2015 season in the FA Cup but I know where you are coming from.

Hope so
  • Might well be back in for Les Dawson. Source a text message from a friend.

Was it his mother in law

Was it his mother in law
    Reminds me of one of his jokes....

I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour said 'Are you going to help?' I said 'No, six should be enough.'

Might well be back in for Les Dawson. Source a text message from a friend.

Was it his mother in law
    Reminds me of one of his jokes....

I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour said 'Are you going to help?' I said 'No, six should be enough.'
    She had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp
  • edited July 2016
    Heard a whisper that were looking at Josh Cullen from West Ham on loan - no idea if there's any mileage in it. Given that Slade commented on the amount of youngsters he's having to use, I'd be surprised.

But thought I'd share the info. Tidy player by all accounts. On loan at Bradford last season and played 15 games - at least he has a bit of league 1 experience.
  • RedChaser said:

Texeira will be sold, Bauer is always injured. Johnson and Lennon aren't good enough so, sell texeira and bring in 2 British Cbs who have a good understanding on what you have to do to get out of this league, seems like a good idea to me

I saw Lennon make his debut away at Huddersfield in the 2014/2015 season in the FA Cup but I know where you are coming from.
    Forgot he showed up at left back a couple of times that season.