Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I trust you more than my mate on this RH but the loan scenario could help with his salary.
  • So this brilliant masterplan involves loaning out players to free up the wage burden and then getting them back when we're promoted to the Championship!
  • Now expect signings to be next week... (repeat as appropriate)
  • Palace chasing Stephens - at least it's going North somewhat
  • T
    Macronate said:

So this brilliant masterplan involves loaning out players to free up the wage burden and then getting them back when we're promoted to the Championship!

No this only applies to Vetokele as far as I know.
  • Palace chasing Stephens - at least it's going North somewhat

That should go down well with the Brighton fans :open_mouth: .
  • Ok, thanks.
  • Redhenry said:

T

Macronate said:

So this brilliant masterplan involves loaning out players to free up the wage burden and then getting them back when we're promoted to the Championship!

No this only applies to Vetokele as far as I know.
    I'd sooner keep Tex and ditch Vetokele if that's what they want to do. We can build a team around Tex ...
  • Sounds as though Tex is going
  • Sponsored links:

• They have replacements lined up
  • Redhenry said:

Sounds as though Tex is going

Is that really a surprise? He was one of our better players last season and can, and at his age will be wanting to, play at a higher level than League 1 - looking at his career he's not stayed in one place for long - the only surprise is that its taken so long for him to leave.
  • Redhenry said:

Sounds as though Tex is going

As long as he enhances his career with the move. Rochdale beckons
  • If Pearce is the replacement and is paired with Bauer then that's a promotion standard centre of defence. With Lennon and a RoJo with a full pre season behind him we are good to go. Solly with Foley backing him up. Fox with THD. Defence would be good to go.

Problem is that our board won't agree to a sensible approach
  • Can Fox not play CB with THD at left back? I know he splits opinions but Fox appears to have Charlton in his blood and gives his all.
  • Pearce, Bauer, Lennon, Roger Johnson should be enough, with Konsra (sp?) as back-up.
  • cabbie8 said:

Can Fox not play CB with THD at left back? I know he splits opinions but Fox appears to have Charlton in his blood and gives his all.

he's shit though ;)
  • edited July 2016

If Pearce is the replacement and is paired with Bauer then that's a promotion standard centre of defence. With Lennon and a RoJo with a full pre season behind him we are good to go. Solly with Foley backing him up. Fox with THD. Defence would be good to go.

I doubt whether Bauer will be match fit for the start of the season as he's yet to feature in any of the friendlies - if he was fit then I suspect he'd be another one out the door. With Lennon also recovering from injury it looks like relegation Roger might be on the team sheet in August unless Slade is allowed to bring in 2 new CBs
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Pearce seems to be a goer

Loan or Permanent?
  • Bauer didn't have many injury issues first half last season.

Neither did Igor the first half of the season before...
  • Can someone explain the Tex situation to me, where's he going? I've not seen anything?!
  • Presumably Pearce just wants to move back home. I can't see any other reason for it but he'd be an excellent signing for us.
  • Redhenry said:

Loan or Permanent?
    More than one year if permanent I hope
  • Redhenry said:

Loan or Permanent?
    can't see Wigan loaning him, pretty much a regular last season. don't be surprised if Harriott goes the other way.
  • Can someone explain the Tex situation to me, where's he going? I've not seen anything?!

somewhere better than us

• cafc4life said:

cabbie8 said:

Can Fox not play CB with THD at left back? I know he splits opinions but Fox appears to have Charlton in his blood and gives his all.

he's shit though ;)
    That's your opinion.

Tex is on high wages so will be going somewhere.