Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

Muldoon looks to be in the first team plans this year, judging by the fact he's been given an article on the OS today

Yeah an article of "breaking into the first team" which has about 2 fit central midfielders at the moment shouldn't be too hard.
  • mr.se7 said:

RedChaser said:

Will Jason Pearce be the first Pearce to play for The Addicks ? I've supported since 1961 and I can't think of one in those years or heard of one previously.

Cyril Pearce 1932/33 to 1936/37 Centre Forward 52 goals in 68 apps.
    Is he avaliable ?
    I doubt it, he'd be about 110 now.
  • RedChaser said:

Will Jason Pearce be the first Pearce to play for The Addicks ? I've supported since 1961 and I can't think of one in those years or heard of one previously.

Cyril Pearce 1932/33 to 1936/37 Centre Forward 52 goals in 68 apps league, 3 goals in 7 apps cup.
    That was during our back to back promotions from 3rd Div South (champions 34/35) to the old 1st Division and runners up spot in that top flight.

'And if you know your history it's enough to make your heart go whoooooa' :wink:
    Wow we had a striker with an average of a goal every 1.2 games now that is history
  • RedChaser said:

mr.se7 said:

RedChaser said:

Cyril Pearce 1932/33 to 1936/37 Centre Forward 52 goals in 68 apps.
    Is he avaliable ?
    I doubt it, he'd be about 110 now.
    Still probably moves faster than Johnson!!
  • Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Dewhurst, Crapper, McIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt
  • Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Dewhurst, Crapper, McIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt

Great team that 1922 side
  • edited July 2016

Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Dewhurst, Crapper, McIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt

And of course three of that great Barnstoneworth side later played for West Ham
  • Bloody hell Tomkins, Noble and Carrick have been around for ages... and West Ham claimed them in their Academy!!

No wonder Noble is pissed off at getting over looked by England too if he's been playing since 1922
  • Sponsored links:

Never fooled me Henners, only believe it WIITVOTVOJ :wink:
  • Bloody hell Tomkins, Noble and Carrick have been around for ages... and West Ham claimed them in their Academy!!

No wonder Noble is pissed off at getting over looked by England too if he's been playing since 1922

Nailed on to be picked by Big Sam .
  • sam3110 said:

Muldoon looks to be in the first team plans this year, judging by the fact he's been given an article on the OS today

In fairness, I thought he was good in the U18s, if not in the Poyet/Palmer league. Perhaps he is the most likely of the three to be playing first team football this season
  • edited July 2016
    wmcf123 said:

sam3110 said:

In fairness, I thought he was good in the U18s, if not in the Poyet/Palmer league. Perhaps he is the most likely of the three to be playing first team football this season
    I'm a bit surprised he hasn't broken through sooner, always rated him in the u21s when I saw him. He's a big lad, not afraid to get involved and stuck in.
  • Still would prefer to keep Tex.

Despite all the outgoings it's quite depressing that we have to sell again before bringing someone else in

Top six budget...
  • They probably dont even have a clue what the budget is of a League One team with their theory on it probably being; We've just been relegated from a higher Division so we're one of the three best teams in League One now!!
  • Cool rumours
  • They probably dont even have a clue what the budget is of a League One team with their theory on it probably being; We've just been relegated from a higher Division so we're one of the three best teams in League One now!!

What they will know is that under Financial Fair Play rules for League 1, wages may not exceed 60% of turnover.

What they will know is that under Financial Fair Play rules for League 1, wages may not exceed 60% of turnover.
    Although: "Arrangements are in place whereby clubs are allowed to exclude the wage costs of all players that the club signed pre September of the relegation season, if they were signed on contracts in excess of 3 seasons."
  • Sponsored links:

I thought they were the firemen in Camberwick Green or was it Trumpton?

Although: "Arrangements are in place whereby clubs are allowed to exclude the wage costs of all players that the club signed pre September of the relegation season, if they were signed on contracts in excess of 3 seasons."
    But we've sold or loaned just about all of those by now, haven't we?!

Did you see them play
  • edited July 2016

Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Dewhurst, Crapper, McIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt

Did you see them play
    Saw the documentary about them on the TV in 1979
  • Rumours please
  • We're after Yacine Bammou according to Facebook. A French striker that Wolves and Leeds are also looking at.
  • Breathtaking day in the market I see.
  • We're after Yacine Bammou according to Facebook. A French striker that Wolves and Leeds are also looking at.

Can't see that one being true.
  • Another day wasted with no signings.

Every day counts now the pricks have left us this short so late in the day.

We need to be moving far quicker than this