Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• RedChaser said:

Texeira will be sold, Bauer is always injured. Johnson and Lennon aren't good enough so, sell texeira and bring in 2 British Cbs who have a good understanding on what you have to do to get out of this league, seems like a good idea to me

Harsh on Lennon. Didn't let us down in his is debut season last year and did well on loan at Gillingham who had a good season in League 1. Think he'll play a lot of games this season and will be well down our list of concerns.
    I saw Lennon make his debut away at Huddersfield in the 2014/2015 season in the FA Cup but I know where you are coming from.
    Forgot he showed up at left back a couple of times that season.
    Yep, also saw him make his league debut at the infamous 3-0 drubbing at Donny where Yann never played under dubious circumstances.
  • Heard a whisper that were looking at Josh Cullen from West Ham on loan - no idea if there's any mileage in it. Given that Slade commented on the amount of youngsters he's having to use, I'd be surprised.

But thought I'd share the info. Tidy player by all accounts. On loan at Bradford last season and played 15 games - at least he has a bit of league 1 experience.

Good player.
  • Heard a whisper that were looking at Josh Cullen from West Ham on loan - no idea if there's any mileage in it. Given that Slade commented on the amount of youngsters he's having to use, I'd be surprised.

But thought I'd share the info. Tidy player by all accounts. On loan at Bradford last season and played 15 games - at least he has a bit of league 1 experience.

Good player.
  • comments on Cawley's story about Pearce interest

Jez scorer ‏@JezScorer 4h4 hours ago
    @RichCawleySLP think texeria is def off if this is true

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4h4 hours ago
    @JezScorer Slade wants British defence anyway.

Where does that leave Tex and Bauer?

If that is true surely the blokes (amongst other things) has lost it. Would he rather have a useless British tit than classy foreign players.

Think I know where this season is going to end up if it is true.
    Got to laugh, for 2-3 years we've been moaning about how we should sign British players instead of a load of foreigners and now Slade wants to do just that, people are saying he's lost it!

Let's face it, Tex is too good for league one and quite likely wants a move. Plus Bauer is always injured. So is it such a bad thing if Slade wants some experienced players in who know the division?
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Texeira will be sold, Bauer is always injured. Johnson and Lennon aren't good enough so, sell texeira and bring in 2 British Cbs who have a good understanding on what you have to do to get out of this league, seems like a good idea to me

Harsh on Lennon. Didn't let us down in his is debut season last year and did well on loan at Gillingham who had a good season in League 1. Think he'll play a lot of games this season and will be well down our list of concerns.
    I saw Lennon make his debut away at Huddersfield in the 2014/2015 season in the FA Cup but I know where you are coming from.
    Yep, also saw him make his league debut at the infamous 3-0 drubbing at Donny where Yann never played under dubious circumstances.
    As I recall he didn't do too much wrong in either of those games either, so my general point stands.

I saw him play vs Cardiff last season and was quite impressed. Thought he had a better games than Tex on that particular occasion.
  • Bauer didn't have many injury issues first half last season.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Yann played at Doncaster, but barely had a touch that night so you can be forgiven for thinking that he didn't play.
  • What happened to the Jamie O'Hara rumour ?
  • Sponsored links:

• comments on Cawley's story about Pearce interest

Jez scorer ‏@JezScorer 4h4 hours ago
    @RichCawleySLP think texeria is def off if this is true

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4h4 hours ago
    @JezScorer Slade wants British defence anyway.

Where does that leave Tex and Bauer?

If that is true surely the blokes (amongst other things) has lost it. Would he rather have a useless British tit than classy foreign players.

Think I know where this season is going to end up if it is true.
    Got to laugh, for 2-3 years we've been moaning about how we should sign British players instead of a load of foreigners and now Slade wants to do just that, people are saying he's lost it!

Let's face it, Tex is too good for league one and quite likely wants a move. Plus Bauer is always injured. So is it such a bad thing if Slade wants some experienced players in who know the division?
    I don't care what nationality they are because I am not racist I just want the best we can get.

Roger Johnson is IMHO shit.
  • RedChaser said:

He will be fine.
    Looks a very mature lad, unlike another one I could name.
  • RedChaser said:

He will be fine.
    I don't have a problem with him being one of the four CBs we need, so who's giving you cause for concern?
  • edited July 2016
    Ben18 said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Yann played at Doncaster, but barely had a touch that night so you can be forgiven for thinking that he didn't play.
    Of course wasn't it his last game doh! :blush: it must have been all the fall out and accusations on here about him wanting away that has scrambled the memory box.
  • I'd be happy with Lennon as first choice CB . Still can't over someone giving him a 7/10 on the match ratings when we lost to Huddersfield 5-0 . Unreal scenes
  • Texeira will be sold, Bauer is always injured. Johnson and Lennon aren't good enough so, sell texeira and bring in 2 British Cbs who have a good understanding on what you have to do to get out of this league, seems like a good idea to me

Lennon not good enough? Can I ask how many times you have seen him play?

Living in medway and having cousins and friends who support Gillingham I went to a fair few of their games last year. They built their defense around him he was class and has a good eye for goal from set pieces.
    Gills defense fell apart when we suddenly recalled him (conceded 4 the very next game when theyd not conceded more than 2 in a game all season) and it took them a fair few games to have a settled defense after that.

Remember Gillingham were challenging at the top of league 1 for the majority of the season. Probably more than we will this year. I'm not saying losing Lennon was the sole reason for Gills slump but he certainly was a key factor.

When he played for Charlton he was certainly one of the better CBs we saw last year. Behind only Tex and Bauer. Sure he is raw and he made a few mistakes (that red card for one) but he put himself about well, never backed down and looked okay at that level.

But let's be realistic. This is league one. He is a good league one player and will only get better. He is one of the Academy boys we should be backing in the first team.

I would have no qualms seeing him as one of our first choice CBs. Ideally with a more experienced head alongside.
    I saw Chesterfield v Gillingham last season, he scored.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

He will be fine.
    I don't have a problem with him being one of the four CBs we need, so who's giving you cause for concern?
    Was meaning about the same age as Tony Watt.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

He will be fine.
    Was meaning about the same age as Tony Watt.
    Ah, I'm with you now, still as TWs nearer his family now he may settle down. Such a wasted talent so let's hope so for his sake.

• Don't believe all you read .

What happened to the Jamie O'Hara rumour ?

Jamie was offered a deal with us , wanted time to think it over , that's as much as I know ?
  • boogica said:

Don't believe all you read .

Jamie was offered a deal with us , wanted time to think it over , that's as much as I know ?
    Ha, how much time does he need. My Mrs can go to bluewater shoe shopping in less time....just
  • Sponsored links:

• boogica said:

@Redhenry seemed to be hinting that something might be happening on the Crofts signs thread.
  • boogica said:

He's probably waiting for a more attractive offer but Welling are still undecided.
  • 8 pages since I last looked , I'm away , could I have an update pleeeeeeeeze

• Jamie was offered a deal with us , wanted time to think it over , that's as much as I know ?

He's probably waiting for a more attractive offer but Welling are still undecided.

Obviously had other offers the offer we gave him as far as I know wasn't that bad , but at the end of the day it's up
    To the player himself and as it is nowadays the Agent ?
  • Oscar Gobern on trial. Always thought of him as being quite decent myself but don't know an awful lot about him.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP · 3m3 minutes ago

Oscar Gobern set to join #cafc on trial and could play against Ipswich on Tuesday

• Oscar Gobern on trial. Always thought of him as being quite decent myself but don't know an awful lot about him.

http://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/2241/gobern-set-charlton-trial/
  • edited July 2016
    Listed as a midfielder but not exactly a prolific goalscorer with 4 goals in over 100 senior appearances.

He's on the young side at 25 years old and most likely hungry to prove himself after a disappointing season with QPR. The sort of signing Powell would've made in the summer of 2011.

He will have played with Lee Novak at Huddersfield.
  • edited July 2016
    We was linked with him a month or so ago. I don't particularly like him myself and wouldn't want him as a first 11 player but he'd be a decent enough squad player.

Given that we now have Crofts though (hopefully as a squad player) I can't really see the point in this one.
  • CEJ doesn't rate him. Certainly not better than Crofts & O'Hara.