Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• bellz2002 said:

Is there any proof that we are paying all the wages of Vetokele, Sarr and Watt out on loan this season? If so then it is unbelievably ridiculous.

We will not be paying all the wages, but i reckon at least 50%.
    OK cheers. Still far too much though!
  • If Pearce was to sign, does that indicate that Tex will be off more than replacing Johnson?

I know Lennon and Bauer are currently injured, but that would be 5 centre backs, I can't see the board doing that.

I really hope Tex stays and if he was to sign, be a replacement for Johnson but we shall see.
  • Just to add to the Pearce rumour, he wasn't in the squad for the game they played yesterday.
  • FFS !!! the words "unbelievable signing" and the Cult of Roland only mean its /they are total shit
  • No better than Roger Johnson? Have you ever actually seen Roger Johnson play? I reckon Katrien could do a better job.

Wigan fans on Twitter saying he's their best centre back and would be gutted if he left.
  • No better than Roger Johnson? Have you ever actually seen Roger Johnson play? I reckon Katrien could do a better job.

Wigan fans on Twitter saying he's their best centre back and would be gutted if he left.

Again he's another player who has won League One, add Solly / Jackson / Crofts to that list and we're adding some much missed experience
  • Replacement for tex to be sold.how can we not afford a free transfer Buxton from Rotherham how tight is Roland they only got 10000 fans we get double that watching beep test on line. Saying that they better make our players do it before each game.to bump up crowd because we're going to get smaller crowds than millwall this season
  • Redhenry said:

I think some on here need to chill. The window isn't shut yet. ☃

So do you get the feeling that we will try to bring in 5/6 players, that are good enough for us to mount a promotion challenge ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought Pearce was good at Leeds as well, shame my expectations have fallen that I'd assume Bauer and Tex are off to fund him...

Johnson played much better yesterday (only 1 serious slip and a silly kick the air reaction afterwards). Tex and Konsa alongside him was a big help. Fox was Fox.
  • Redhenry said:

I think some on here need to chill. The window isn't shut yet. ☃

I think that is fair enough, some people ON HERE may well benefit from chilling out, man.

Trouble is that it the manager saying were miles away, the kids won't be enough and we need 5 or 6 more.

It's Russ you need to tell to chill, not anyone on here.
  • Perhaps Roland's eaten all the money.
  • Think people are going OTT with slagging Johnson, we're playing in league one and I wouldn't actually find it that bad if he ended up playing along side Lennon for parts of the season, not ideal I know but he will have benefited from a full pre season and is experienced for playing hundreds of games above this level.
  • edited July 2016

Think people are going OTT with slagging Johnson, we're playing in league one and I wouldn't actually find it that bad if he ended up playing along side Lennon for parts of the season, not ideal I know but he will have benefited from a full pre season and is experienced for playing hundreds of games above this level.

He's had his moments but provided Rojo has had an early night before a game, slept with the windows open and you are not offended by bad language, he'll talk you through a game and you'll learn a lot from him. Those bits you don't like, consign to the memory dustbin :wink: .
  • comments on Cawley's story about Pearce interest

Jez scorer ‏@JezScorer 4h4 hours ago
    @RichCawleySLP think texeria is def off if this is true

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4h4 hours ago
    @JezScorer Slade wants British defence anyway.

Where does that leave Tex and Bauer?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't understand why roger Johnsons gutter mouth makes him a bad player?
  • comments on Cawley's story about Pearce interest

A "British defence" - what on earth does that mean?
  • se9addick said:

comments on Cawley's story about Pearce interest

Of English, Scottish :wink: , Welsh or Northern Irish decent.
  • WSS said:

I don't understand why roger Johnsons gutter mouth makes him a bad player?

It doesn't.

His lack of footballing ability does though.
    Agreed. There are a lot of comments on here about his use of the English language. Most players use similar language so I don't understand why Johnson is the only one getting slated for it
  • edited July 2016

WSS said:

I don't understand why roger Johnsons gutter mouth makes him a bad player?

It doesn't.

His lack of footballing ability does though.
    Agreed. There are a lot of comments on here about his use of the English language. Most players use similar language so I don't understand why Johnson is the only one getting slated for it
    Who the f*cks slating him then?
  • se9addick said:

Macronate said:

It means a defence consisting of English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish players.

RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

comments on Cawley's story about Pearce interest

Of English, Scottish :wink: , Welsh or Northern Irish decent.
    Oh good, so Rojo in and Tex and Bauer out. That sounds sensible.
    If that's what Rusty our British Manager wants............... :open_mouth: