Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• tgarrat1 said:

Henderson gone on a free? How does that work?

Basically there is no fee involved.

Surprised we didn't insist on undisclosed
  • edited July 2016

Who in goal tomorrow? .

Roger Daltrey?
  • Peter_G said:

Who in goal tomorrow? .

Roger Daltrey?
    Substitute!
    Who's next?
  • vffvff
    edited July 2016

Anti CARD are out for all the games . Starting at Bury

I seriously doubt that they are a significant number of Pro Duchatelet supporters / & anti CARD. There's a few who don't like CARD because of the personalities involved, but that's not the same thing. Mixing that up is not helpful.

The driver behind the discontent are the actions of Duchatelet & Meire in leaving the club with a rubbish depthless, lacking in quality squad, with a succession of varying quality of not properly supported head coaches. That's feck all to do with CARD.

It was the same last season, when it was pointed out that the squad was thin, unproven, and lacking in depth and quality for a full Championship season meaning Charlton would struggle. There was quite a few, who attacked that on CL. This year, there's a few experienced signings, a more experienced manager but the squad is seriously lacking any depth. What happens if one of the front line strikers or players with quality get injured ? Its looking like the same all over again.

Lets see after a month about how things sit. Unless there is significant positive transfer movement, the situation will be similar to last season.
  • vff said:

I seriously doubt that they are a significant number of Pro Duchatelet supporters / & anti CARD. There's a few who don't like CARD because of the personalities involved, but that's not the same thing.

The driver behind the discontent are the actions of Duchatelet & Meire in leaving the club with a rubbish depthless, lacking in quality squad, with a succession of varying quality of not properly supported head coaches. That's feck all to do with CARD.

It was the same last season, when it was pointed out that the squad was thin, unproven, and lacking in depth and quality for a full Championship season meaning Charlton would struggle. There was quite a few, who attacked that on CL. This year, there's a few experienced signings, a more experienced manager but the squad is seriously lacking any depth. What happens if one of the front line strikers or players with quality get injured ? Its looking like the same all over again.

Lets see after a month about how things we sit. Unless there is significant positive transfer movement, the situation will be similar to last season.
    You want to put serious money on that.
  • Anti CARD are out for all the games . Starting at Bury

Pretty happy with the way things went last season then?
  • vff said:

I seriously doubt that they are a significant number of Pro Duchatelet supporters / & anti CARD. There's a few who don't like CARD because of the personalities involved, but that's not the same thing.

Lets see after a month about how things we sit. Unless there is significant positive transfer movement, the situation will be similar to last season.
    You want to put serious money on that.
    Not quite sure what you are talking about. Serious money on what specifically ?

You are a big supporter of Roland Duchatelet & his current strategy ? Meire, what an excellent job, she has done so far. What do you reckon to the squad so far ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    Ketts saying Simon moore signing next week on a season long loan. Good news
  • Ketts saying Simon moore signing next week on a season long loan. Good news

I've Never seen him play
  • Can't really blame Simon Moore for preferring a loan (if it was his decision). He is coming from a club with Premier League aspirations to the old third division.
  • I hope that it is not just Simon on loan with Phillips and Mitov as backup. We want a full time goalkeeper after we have sold(?) 3
  • Loan....rubbish.
    Surely we've got some money to buy him? He's a good keeper.
  • Valley11 said:

Loan....rubbish.

Saving the money for out field players :smiley:
  • Valley11 said:

Loan....rubbish.

Well perhaps he will only sign a loan!..
  • Peter_G said:

Peter_G said:

Who in goal tomorrow? .

Roger Daltrey?
    Substitute!
    Who's next?
    I Can't Explain.
    Well I've got the summertime blues but I won't get fooled again. But for KM's la-la-la-lies, I would be a happy Jack. Anyway, anyhow, anywhere, my generation must join together. At Orient, we might park the magic bus but let's wait til 5.15 then you'll see the real me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Loan....rubbish.

Well perhaps he will only sign a loan!..
    Perhaps. So don't do the deal.
    The lack of commitment was a big reason for last season, as pointed out by Pope and JBG. So what do we do....sign a first choice keeper on loan.

At the very least they should insist on no recall clause. Marshall is injury prone.
  • Peter_G said:

Peter_G said:

Who in goal tomorrow? .

Roger Daltrey?
    Substitute!
    Who's next?
    I Can't Explain.
    Well I've got the summertime blues but I won't get fooled again. But for KM's la-la-la-lies, I would be a happy Jack. Anyway, anyhow, anywhere, my generation must join together. At Orient, we might park the magic bus but let's wait til 5.15 then you'll see the real me.
    I'm Free.
  • Remember Simon Moore as a decent shot stopper who didn't command his area. My Bees mate (follows home & away) confirms.
  • seth plum said:

Hahahahaha.

We get a journeyman midfielder as compensation.
    Welcome Crofts and good luck and all that, i suspect you're as honest as the day is long, but it is only one year after all so it seems neither side is that convinced.

I am surprised it isn't Buxton.

It looks like good old 442, lump it forward and pick up the second balls.
    Break up play when they have it.
    Sorted.
    Lets hope all the other teams who will play the same way are indeed crapper than us.

I fear this is the most prescient post in a while. I've said it before, but if you hire a lower league English manager, you get lower league English tactics with lower league English players (RoJo).
  • SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

Hahahahaha.

We get a journeyman midfielder as compensation.
    Welcome Crofts and good luck and all that, i suspect you're as honest as the day is long, but it is only one year after all so it seems neither side is that convinced.

I am surprised it isn't Buxton.

It looks like good old 442, lump it forward and pick up the second balls.
    Break up play when they have it.
    Sorted.
    Lets hope all the other teams who will play the same way are indeed crapper than us.

I fear this is the most prescient post in a while. I've said it before, but if you hire a lower league English manager, you get lower league English tactics with lower league English players (RoJo).
    In a lower league. All good then.
  • Peter_G said:

Peter_G said:

Peter_G said:

Who in goal tomorrow? .

Roger Daltrey?
    Substitute!
    Who's next?
    I Can't Explain.
    I'm Free.
    Maybe, but you can't see me, feel me
  • Good to hear. May have to take up scouting I think....
  • Covered end junior thinks Simon Moore is a good goalie & that's good enough for me.

The loan could be because Cardiff don't want to sell or we don't want to buy.

Hopefully, it's not too important. It's if he's recalled that would be damaging.

Remember Scott Carson was our POTY, when he was on loan to us.
  • Is it a season long loan without a recall clause, because if he has to go back to Cardiff we are really in it and will have to have another goalie, no consistency
  • ross1 said:

Is it a season long loan without a recall clause, because if he has to go back to Cardiff we are really in it and will have to have another goalie, no consistency

Is that a fact? (That the deal has no recall clause)