Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• As a regular under 21 watcher, I put it out there to other such attendees that everyone I have spoken to reckons Phillips is better than Mitov. In fact people I speak to at the games don't rate Mitov at all, but for some reason the club rave about him.

Phillips is a real steady eddy, a good communicator to the back four and saves penalties. Mitov to me has mistakes in him and his kicking is very poor (his goal v Coventry being the obvious exception!).

Little to add to this but anyone who saw Mitov's performance at Princes Park in last season's KSC Final will probably agree with you & your pals' views, bolloxbolder.

He certainly didn't inspire confidence that evening..

• ross1 said:

Is it a season long loan without a recall clause, because if he has to go back to Cardiff we are really in it and will have to have another goalie, no consistency

Unless something has changed you can only recall long term loans in January, not at any time. So if that happened we should have time to bring in a replacement.
  • Moore didn't play in either of Cardiff's two friendlies today. He and Marshall played a half each in the last friendly.
  • Valley11 said:

ross1 said:

Is it a season long loan without a recall clause, because if he has to go back to Cardiff we are really in it and will have to have another goalie, no consistency

Is that a fact? (That the deal has no recall clause)
    Deals not even done yet
  • edited July 2016
    mrbligh said:

anyone move in the right circles at the game today?

I think the players ran around in circles
  • Valley11 said:

ross1 said:

Deals not even done yet
    Ross1 suggested that was part of the deal.
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

ross1 said:

Deals not even done yet
    No he didn't, he said is it, as in he's asking a question, backed up by giving a scenario afterwards that would cause trouble for us if he was to be called back.
  • I'll start by saying I've not seen Phillips play.

Perhaps if the consensus is that Phillips is going to be able to step up which is what I'm picking up from those that know on this thread then signing Moore on loan is not such bad business. Allows Phillips another year of development without the pressure and some first team games in cups and perhaps through injury to Moore. Saves on a fee and hopefully frees up money to be spent elsewhere.
  • Sage said:

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

ross1 said:

Deals not even done yet
    No he didn't, he said is it, as in he's asking a question, backed up by giving a scenario afterwards that would cause trouble for us if he was to be called back.
    Blimey, he did as well. I read 'is it' as 'it is'. Apols.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:

Slade in his post match press conference expects 5-6 players in before the first game of the season.

Expects or wants?
    Referenced more like a "need"

Stated he didn't think we've been good enough on or off the pitch either before stating that so think it was pretty clear the intended audience
  • edited July 2016
    Bubble said:

Slade in his post match press conference expects 5-6 players in before the first game of the season.

I wish he would hurry up and get them in then - maybe I'm being harsh, but looks to me if the excuses are starting already.
  • Bubble said:

Expects or wants?
    I heard it as expects, he said we are not good enough and cant rely on kids
  • edited July 2016
    "I'd like to think between now and the start of the season we can get another 5 or 6 editions to the group, because in all honesty if we're going to be competitive at the top end, that's what we need to do." -Slade
  • So she let him have Crofts but not Buxton and Foley....yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Just read the news shopper interview, sounds like he is sending a message to one person, I'm not confident that person will listen
  • The interview for those that cant get it elsewhere-:

Russell Slade hopes Charlton can sign “five or six” more players before the start of the new season.

And the Addicks boss expects the club to complete a deal to bring a goalkeeper in before the pre-season friendly against Ipswich Town on Tuesday night.

The departures of Nick Pope and Stephen Henderson have left the Addicks without a senior stopper at the club.

Pope, 24, joined Premier League new boys Burnley last week while Henderson joined Nottingham Forest on Friday on a free transfer.
    But Slade revealed after today’s goalless draw at Leyton Orient that he hoped to sign a goalkeeper in the “next 72 hours”.
    When asked about former triallists Kevin Foley and Lewis Buxton, who did not feature at Orient, Slade said: “They would make good additions to the squad but we are looking at the finances because we have priority areas to look at.

The two boys [Foley and Buxton] did well and they would be good additions to the squad.”

Pope established himself into the Charlton first-team last season and Slade admitted he assumed he would stay when he first arrived in the Valley hotseat.

He added: “It was a possibility that Stephen Henderson was moving on and then Nick was going to stay and we would look for a No.2 goalkeeper.

“But when the window is open these things happen. Burnley came in with a huge offer for Nick and it was one we had to consider.
    “That’s gone now and we need to replace him.”

Last week Iceland star Johann Berg Gudmundsson and Scottish striker Tony Watt also sealed moves away from SE7.

The departures leave Slade’s squad thin on the ground and he insisted he was looking to sign five or six players before the start of the season.

“We’re miles away,” Slade said, when asked about the depth of his squad.

“I’d like to think we can get another five or six additions to the group. If we are going to be competitive at the top end, that’s what we need to do.

“There were a lot of young players on the pitch today and it was good for their experience, but when the campaign kicks off we need to have the right type out there.

“The balance of the team is going to be very important, it can’t be as young and inexperienced as it was at the end of today.”
  • My Bees mate reckoned Button went for £2m. Pope far superior.
  • Essex_Al said:

I wonder what EssexAl thinks about the goalkeeper(or should it be non goalkeeper) situation.

I'm sure by the time all of our thousands of away fans arrive at Bury the current situation will be resolved.
    Be about 800, similar to the amount of players who have fled SE7 in relief since May.

Get 'em in Al!
    No doubt you will be there in Bury
    He is. Ricky otto's getting the beers in
    Only reason I'm going. I'll do anything for a free drink, EsexAl will confirm.
    Anything? I'll buy you a beer if you run across the bury pitch holding a Roland out banner
    Pm me and we can talk.
  • Rumours on Facebook that Slade didn't leave on the team coach.
  • CafcSteve said:

Rumours on Facebook that Slade didn't leave on the team coach.

Its a wind up.
  • Staying back for talks with Orient & Simpson maybe?