Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I wonder what EssexAl thinks about the goalkeeper(or should it be non goalkeeper) situation.
  • RDs diverting a coach load on the way to Dignitas as we speak and Latrien was down at Wee Tumbles day nusery in Plumstead earlier. If any of them can kick a football they're in against the O's...

#ibringyoucobblers
  • tgarrat1 said:

Henderson gone on a free? How does that work?

Easy. Squirrel Face does the negotiation.
  • I'm sure it was Bellotti that had the long throw
  • Hendo was on big money I expect as he was a free and rumoured to be on £20k on west hams bench.

We must have a guy lined up - hoping it's the chap from Cardiff

• Swisdom said:

Hendo was on big money I expect as he was a free and rumoured to be on £20k on west hams bench.

Highly doubt he was on anywhere near 20k with us. I think someone said 7k.
  • Peter_G said:

It was Tony Burns who had the throw that was longer and more accurate than anything Dean Kiely could do with his kicking. In fairness though, Dean Kiely was a lot better with all the important stuff that 'keepers are expected to do. Burns was not that good. Ex Arsenal and Brighton when we signed him in 1968.

Wasn't he the guy, that also picked the ball up, in one hand?.
  • Swisdom said:

Hendo was on big money I expect as he was a free and rumoured to be on £20k on west hams bench.

A CEO with half a brain cell would have someone lined up. Alas.....
  • I'm sure it was Bellotti that had the long throw

It was Tony Burns

• edited July 2016

Swisdom said:

A CEO with half a brain cell would have someone lined up. Alas.....
    If the rumours on here about the Chief Scout not having signed a contract yet been sorted sooner the keeper situation may well have been resolved but Neightmeire has plenty of previous and never fails to dissappoint.
  • Sponsored links:

• 100% it was Tony burns
  • On holiday in Greece until the 1st and I am glad to see everything is being run well in my absence by the glorious regime.
  • edited July 2016

Peter_G said:

It was Tony Burns who had the throw that was longer and more accurate than anything Dean Kiely could do with his kicking. In fairness though, Dean Kiely was a lot better with all the important stuff that 'keepers are expected to do. Burns was not that good. Ex Arsenal and Brighton when we signed him in 1968.

Wasn't he the guy, that also picked the ball up, in one hand?.
    That's right. I'd forgotten that, but while it doesn't sound that amazing, he could do it by grabbing it with one gloved hand from above the ball. He only played a handful of games for us; he was back up to Charlie Wright who didn't miss many games.
  • J BLOCK said:

tajaddick said:

Matt Ingram former Wycombe GK now third choice at Qpr being touted for season long loan with us.

Christ, we are now going for third choice QPR goalkeeper - Despise these Belgians
    They probably told pinnochio they would sort us out with a loan as part of the Cousins deal, you see she's not as stupid as she looks, (she couldn't be). Matt Ingram drew the short straw.
    Actually, she would seem to be far more stupid than she looks.
  • I wonder what EssexAl thinks about the goalkeeper(or should it be non goalkeeper) situation.

I'm sure by the time all of our thousands of away fans arrive at Bury the current situation will be resolved.
  • Essex_Al said:

I wonder what EssexAl thinks about the goalkeeper(or should it be non goalkeeper) situation.

I'm sure by the time all of our thousands of away fans arrive at Bury the current situation will be resolved.
    Be about 800, similar to the amount of players who have fled SE7 in relief since May.

Get 'em in Al!
  • Essex_Al said:

I wonder what EssexAl thinks about the goalkeeper(or should it be non goalkeeper) situation.

And whoever they get in (if they do) might even have learnt some of the other player's names by then as well - particularly as (at the moment) there aren't too many to remember....
  • Essex_Al said:

Be about 800, similar to the amount of players who have fled SE7 in relief since May.

Get 'em in Al!
    No doubt you will be there in Bury
  • Essex_Al said:

Get 'em in Al!
    He is. Ricky otto's getting the beers in
  • Essex_Al said:

Get 'em in Al!
    And Walsall, Scunthorpe, Fleetwood and Oxford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Get 'em in Al!
    Only reason I'm going. I'll do anything for a free drink, EsexAl will confirm.
  • Essex_Al said:

Get 'em in Al!
    Take plenty of money with you Ricky cause he wont be getting the first one that's for sure!

I'm saving for Walsall already!

Don't know why short people have long pockets?

That's how come he gets away with it, you cant see the little fucker in the crowd, but he can see you. Next thing you know, you're getting them in and he appears behind you!

Looking forward to Walsall little G! :wink:
  • For better or for worse, I am starting to miss the those random transfer rumours from the last few years linking us with the next portuguese wonderkid or an african Pele. They are more exciting than Lewis Buxton or an Everton loanee....even if the success rate is limited. Amongst the dross we have had the odd gem (Gudmundsson, Bauer, a fit Vetekele) Have we gone from one extreme to the other and switched off the network scouting system??
  • I believe so.
  • Essex_Al said:

Get 'em in Al!
    Anything? I'll buy you a beer if you run across the bury pitch holding a Roland out banner
  • edited July 2016
    Anti CARD are out for all the games . Starting at Bury

• Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Hendo

This

• Redhenry you got any kind of rumours mate