Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Cawley saying the two from Norwich would be a loan. Ferdinand is currently training with Preston.
  • Cawley confirming we want Rudd and Thompson from Norwich on Loan.

I get that Thompson is young and they probably don't want to let him go, but Rudd? We can't get him to sign for us completely? It makes you wonder if anyone realizes that a squad and thus a budget last longer than the nine months of the season.
  • edited July 2016
    SDAddick said:

Cawley confirming we want Rudd and Thompson from Norwich on Loan.

I get that Thompson is young and they probably don't want to let him go, but Rudd? We can't get him to sign for us completely? It makes you wonder if anyone realizes that a squad and thus a budget last longer than the nine months of the season.
    To be fair when someone said about buying Rudd I was sceptical, he is very very highly rated at Norwich, and even though they have two other keepers, I could not have seen them letting him go on a perm just yet

So we'll in this same position next summer again then.
  • Redhenry said:

Sheff U signing Leon Clarke according to BBC.

Not too shabby. I put £5 on Leon to be top goalscorer last week at 25/1.
  • edited July 2016

Yep short term gamble, think if we don't go up this year Roly will finally sell up, butnot before selling all the players left that will earn some money.

No, preparing for League 2 football will not be so demanding.
    If we got them two in on loan - we could have a league 1 team of:

Rudd
    Solly
    Fox
    Pearce
    Bauer
    Holmes
    Crofts
    Thompson
    Lookman
    Novak
    Ajose

I had a look at Millwall and Sheff Utds teams this mornimg - If that team got relegated it would be a fucking joke.

Yep short term gamble, think if we don't go up this year Roly will finally sell up, butnot before selling all the players left that will earn some money.
    Same every summer under this lot
  • Sponsored links:

Same every summer under this lot
    Yep not one summer have we had a settled team that just needed a a few players added.
  • Does interest in Ferdinand suggest Pearce deal is in trouble?
  • SDAddick said:

Yes, Norwich realise that ; - )

Really it is no different from us loaning Philips out to get games.

I know someone who is well connected at Reading and I gather Ferdinand was very unpopular there. No thanks
  • According to wikipedia (which could well be wrong i guess), Ferdinand has played 56 games since May 2012.

Sign him up!!
  • edited July 2016
    Isn't Ferdinand currently training at Preston? He's the sort of character we do not want, especially on a loan amongst many other loans.

What a basket case of a Club this is, it's people chucking names and RS trying to grab any because they have more experience than the youth crop that RD so desperately wants to play because he knows that one of the lot will turn out to be a gem and sell for a lot of money.
  • Anton Ferdinand would not be a loan he is a free agent, but no thanks from me.
    If we can get Rudd, Thompson, Foley, Pearce and another forward that would do for me.
  • Bloody hell... Bergdich is being offered a TWO year deal by Lens according to the News Shopper!!
  • dickplumb said:

Anton Ferdinand would not be a loan he is a free agent, but no thanks from me.
    If we can get Rudd, Thompson, Foley, Pearce and another forward that would do for me.

still no creative midfielder though
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Anton Ferdinand would not be a loan he is a free agent, but no thanks from me.

Good point.

Only got 10 days, and even your list is a) very optimistic wage wise b) still a CM short imo. It's an unbelievably taxing season in L1 especially during the winter, Jackson won't last the season let alone the likes of Solly and co. Yikes, worrying isn't it.
  • Redhenry said:

Sheff U signing Leon Clarke according to BBC.

Cheers ;) - http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/74171/league-one-news#latest
    Ahh I see
  • O'Hara hasn't signed for a team yet
  • Redhenry said:

O'Hara hasn't signed for a team yet

plenty of options though I understand
  • edited July 2016

Redhenry said:

plenty of options though I understand
    We offered him a deal as said above had other options ?
    Thinking em
    Over .
    He had an offer from abroad .
    Tempting
  • Redhenry said:

Do you know something we don't red Henry ???

It suggests Pearce probably wanted paying actual money.
  • Juventus signed Higuain yesterday, maybe they'll be willing to let Zaza or Mandzukic out on loan?