Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Maybe the scouts were watching Ipswich players
  • Maybe the scouts were marveling the knot tying techniques of the new hexagonal goal nets.
  • cabbles said:

His stance, look and mannerisms are similar to Jackson's. I think Jackson has influenced him somewhat. Plus he's playing where Jackson started out as a player

I would like to keep him purely because I thought he looked a bit better toward the end of the season under Riga, and we can't lose anymore at this stage.

The jury is still out for me though

I'd agree with that. Not his biggest fan, but think he will do well this season. I a personally think he's a better bet than THD.
    I got your point the first time :wink:
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

His stance, look and mannerisms are similar to Jackson's. I think Jackson has influenced him somewhat. Plus he's playing where Jackson started out as a player

I would like to keep him purely because I thought he looked a bit better toward the end of the season under Riga, and we can't lose anymore at this stage.

I'd agree with that. Not his biggest fan, but think he will do well this season. I a personally think he's a better bet than THD.
    At least you didn't say "you can say that again" forcing me to type it again :smiley:
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

At least you didn't say "you can say that again" forcing me to type it again :smiley:
    You can say that again!!
  • cabbles said:

Jackson started out as a left winger

• cabbles said:

cabbles said:

You can say that again!!
    Bollocks.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Ffs!
  • Declan Rudd and Louis Thompson to sign season loan deals by the end of the week. Dillon Phillips may then sign for Cheltenham. Source Dr Kish.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll drive Callum there now if he fancies it
  • Haha Leicester want Harriott? Do they need a new mascot wearer, or perhaps he's going there to help in the club shop?
  • We got what slade says is a 'huge' amount of money for our goalie and replace him with a loanee ffs

• We got what slade says is a 'huge' amount of money for our goalie and replace him with a loanee ffs

Maybe not such bad business. Rudd will be the best GK in the division. If it allows Phillips the chance to get a seasons games at Cheltenham coming back ready to be our number one. Or at least understudy then I don't think it's completely wacko.

Rudd is a better proposition in goal than Pope IMO. Farcical as our transfer dealings have been, thats an upgrade big time in my book.
  • dickplumb said:

Declan Rudd and Louis Thompson to sign season loan deals by the end of the week. Dillon Phillips may then sign for Cheltenham. Source Dr Kish.

I believe a lot of what Ketts on Dr Kish says, but if Phillips goes to Cheltenham, who is our number 2, Mitov? I know he was last season to Pope, but is he really ready? or are they hoping Rudd does not get injured, even with our record of injuries
  • dickplumb said:

Declan Rudd and Louis Thompson to sign season loan deals by the end of the week. Dillon Phillips may then sign for Cheltenham. Source Dr Kish.

Anyone know what type of midfielder Thompson is? Surely not another holding midfielder?
  • Scoham said:

dickplumb said:

Anyone know what type of midfielder Thompson is? Surely not another holding midfielder?
    Yep, defensive midfielder
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

dickplumb said:

Goal record suggests as much. I get the impression that central midfielders under Slade are designed to harass and win the ball back
  • edited July 2016
    Scoham said:

dickplumb said:

Looking at his goal scoring record (he's a 2 a season man) I think he must be a holding midfielder.

Mind you, 2 goals a season? He could do a job up top.

Looking here he's listed as a defensive midfielder and can play RB.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/louis-thompson/profil/spieler/207771#ath
  • ross1 said:

dickplumb said:

I believe a lot of what Ketts on Dr Kish says, but if Phillips goes to Cheltenham, who is our number 2, Mitov? I know he was last season to Pope, but is he really ready? or are they hoping Rudd does not get injured, even with our record of injuries
    You can emergency loan a GK.

• wmcf123 said:

Scoham said:

dickplumb said:

Goal record suggests as much. I get the impression that central midfielders under Slade are designed to harass and win the ball back
    Same as under Luzon then. I was hoping he'd was a creative player that just couldn't or wouldn't shoot.
  • ross1 said:

dickplumb said:

You can emergency loan a GK.

So we start the season with one goalkeeper and if he gets injured during the game, we put an inexperienced goalie in for the rest of the game and start scrabbling around to find another one on loan, look how long it is taking to get the first one, brilliant
  • Phillips is an inexperienced goalie but did alright in 3 friendlies with what many gave described as a rubbish defence
  • We need a striker also.
  • Leicester scout was watching Harriott.

He did leave as soon as Harriott went off.
  • So Thompson came through at Swindon, signed for Norwich but was loaned back to Swindon for a season, then was loaned to Swindon for another season. Does he get homesick or something?
  • PopIcon said:

Leicester scout was watching Harriott.

He did leave as soon as Harriott went off.
    Were you the guy sitting to his right "chatting" to him?

Didn't think about that at the time, but you are right. He left as soon as Harriott was subbed.

As I previously said he had copious notes. Each player had his own column. The formation was listed at the top of each team page as well. In an age where tech is so readily available it was quite unusual to see someone with paper and pen!