Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• So where are we now ?

GK Declan Rudd looks likely .Need another experienced keeper if Phillips goes?
    RB Kevin Foley . Looks like Buxton has moved on or has he?
    CB Jason Pearce Is this happening ? Anton Ferdinand took an offer of a trial at Preston over us.
    CM Louis Thompson looks likely . Oscar Gobern ? Bizaire that he was unfit the other night.
    Also O'Hara is unlikely in my view due to Slade's style of play
    LM Is Conor Grant still a possible? Dean Cox was also rumoured.
    ST Is Jay Simpson still a possible?
  • dickplumb said:

Declan Rudd and Louis Thompson to sign season loan deals by the end of the week. Dillon Phillips may then sign for Cheltenham. Source Dr Kish.

Omg we should really keep Phillips coz he was excellent last night! ! Well not some of his goal kicks but the saves were very good!
  • So Thompson came through at Swindon, signed for Norwich but was loaned back to Swindon for a season, then was loaned to Swindon for another season. Does he get homesick or something?

And in turn would have been a team mate of Ajose! Good thing?
  • edited July 2016
    Richard J said:

So where are we now ?

CB Jason Pearce Is this happening ? Anton Ferdinand took an offer of a trial at Preston over us.
    CM Louis Thompson looks likely . Oscar Gobern ? Bizaire that he was unfit the other night.

I'm pretty sure Dean Cox wasn't a rumour just a other fan wanted to see us sign him ! Like I would too.
  • PopIcon said:

Leicester scout was watching Harriott.

He did leave as soon as Harriott went off.
    It wasn't a joke, he genuinely was.
  • PopIcon said:

Leicester scout was watching Harriott.

He did leave as soon as Harriott went off.
    It wasn't a joke, he genuinely was.
    Expect a bid for Callymessi soon then!
  • uie2 said:

Richard J said:

So where are we now ?

I'm pretty sure Dean Cox wasn't a rumour just a other fan wanted to see us sign him ! Like I would too.
    I heard we were interested in both Cox and Simpson
  • cafc999 said:

uie2 said:

Richard J said:

So where are we now ?

I heard we were interested in both Cox and Simpson
    Yeah on here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Rudd that good? He played a few games after Ruddy got dropped, but I recall that he also dropped a couple of clangers and Ruddy got his place back
  • So Thompson came through at Swindon, signed for Norwich but was loaned back to Swindon for a season, then was loaned to Swindon for another season. Does he get homesick or something?

Born in Dover :-)
  • I think if we are playing a proper 442 then there isn't a desperate need for a creative central mid. You generally only have the creative/advanced midfielder when there's a loan striker or playing the diamond.

Look at Leicester. You definitely wouldn't call Kante creative and Drinkwater whilst more likely to play a good pass isn't the sort to unlock a defence.

That said we do need plan B if it isn't working so it'd be good to bring one in but also there seems to be a real lack of options in this area, we definitely haven't been blessed with them over the years.
  • vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

I don't care if he is a loan, Rudd is a class keeper and I would have him over Pope and hendo

The club developing its own keeper / players is better than developing another club's players on loan.
    Not under this lot.
  • vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

I don't care if he is a loan, Rudd is a class keeper and I would have him over Pope and hendo

The club developing its own keeper / players is better than developing another club's players on loan.
    So Dillon Phillips shouldnt have been sent to Cheltenham last season then?
  • colthe3rd said:

I think if we are playing a proper 442 then there isn't a desperate need for a creative central mid. You generally only have the creative/advanced midfielder when there's a loan striker or playing the diamond.

Look at Leicester. You definitely wouldn't call Kante creative and Drinkwater whilst more likely to play a good pass isn't the sort to unlock a defence.

That said we do need plan B if it isn't working so it'd be good to bring one in but also there seems to be a real lack of options in this area, we definitely haven't been blessed with them over the years.

Yes good example. Whilst I would like a creative CM I agree it's not essential. However to use the example you have used. Leicester usually had Drinky holding and passing from deep. (We have a few players who can do this role at league 1 level). And Kante doing the leg work, going box to box and covering a lot of ground. Not creative but still a different type of player. We don't have anyone to fill this role. Cousins would have been good at it but was too good for this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    So need to see Rudd and Thompson confirmed today and ideally Foley as well. Also Pearce. Get them integrated into the side ahead of the Saturday friendly.

As if that's going to happen. Fully expecting 100 new posts about anything but transfer news by 6pm tonight.
  • So need to see Rudd and Thompson confirmed today and ideally Foley as well. Also Pearce. Get them integrated into the side ahead of the Saturday friendly.

Ad if that's going to happen. Fully expecting 100 new posts about anything but transfer news by 6pm tonight.

To days the day Damo. 2 in - nailed on.
  • Cawley confirming we want Rudd and Thompson from Norwich on Loan.

So we'll in this same position next summer again then.
    No, preparing for League 2 football will not be so demanding.
    If we got them two in on loan - we could have a league 1 team of:

Rudd
    Solly
    Fox
    Pearce
    Bauer
    Holmes
    Crofts
    Thompson
    Lookman
    Novak
    Ajose

I had a look at Millwall and Sheff Utds teams this mornimg - If that team got relegated it would be a fucking joke.
    It's not just about the team though is it? And we know our beloved leader doesn't do squads......
  • edited July 2016
    A question re Rudd.
    Does the new transfer window system mean we can't get another keeper on loan until Jan if Rudd were to get injured/be recalled?
    Also, under the new system, are clubs allowed to recall players when the windows are shut?
  • Valley11 said:

A question re Rudd.
    Does the new transfer window system mean we can't get another keeper on loan until Jan if Rudd were to get injured/be recalled?
    Also, under the new system, are clubs allowed to recall players when the windows are shut?

I believe the recall is down to the contract between the clubs.. i.e the loaning team may request there is no recall clause for the loanee team. But generally a season long loan can usually only be ended early in January.
  • Valley11 said:

A question re Rudd.

In answer to your second Question... Because the player in question is a Goalkeeper we'd be allowed to get an emergency loan.

If Jackson / Solly etc. get injured in October then no we cant get a loan to replace them
  • Cheers
  • vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

Is it more important than promotion? What's the point developing our players if they're just sold off on the cheap with the club seeing no return at all from it?
  • edited July 2016
    vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

Apart from my Dillon Phillips comment I know what your trying to get at...

Time and again we've loaned players who simply dont seem interested in playing for the shirt and that we'd be better off playing our own youngsters... Martyn Waghorn / Conor McAleny / Yohann Thuram spring to mind here.

Yet at the same time there is clear proof that the Loan Market can work well... Scott Carson / Francis Coquelin are perfect examples where players have come in and excelled knowing that to do so they could get their big break at their parent club, then you've also got the likes of Yoni Buyens / Freddie Bulot who clearly showed their worth the other season.

End of the day there are plus / minus points about the loan market and we can spend a month of Sundays arguing whether it is mainly a good or bad thing yet unless you take a gamble on a player then you'll never know what camp they'll be in