Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

don't think wages are a problem. At least three other clubs were after Novak.

fair enough but who were they, anyone at a higher level ?
  • FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

O'Hara hasn't signed for a team yet

Do you know something we don't red Henry ???
    No.
  • sam3110 said:

Juventus signed Higuain yesterday, maybe they'll be willing to let Zaza or Mandzukic out on loan?

Just so long as Zaza isnt given penalty duty...

Actually we dont win penalties as we dont get into the area so it doesnt matter!!
  • Scoham said:

West Ham linked with Fox.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/27/gb-west-ham-look-to-morgan-fox/

I know there's a range of opinions on him but he's not one I can imagine playing at Premier League level.

Will he still be at the training ground ? I'll fire up the polo
  • Redhenry said:

don't think wages are a problem. At least three other clubs were after Novak.

fair enough but who were they, anyone at a higher level ?
    Was told a Champ club came in. His salary demands weren't a problem for us. My earlier point was that salary demands aren't the reason for our lack of signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Juventus signed Higuain yesterday, maybe they'll be willing to let Zaza or Mandzukic out on loan?

Still wouldn't be good enough for some on here
    How tall are they?
  • edited July 2016
    sam3110 said:

I'd have Mandzukic. Zaza blows far too hot and cold for me. Nothing to do with THAT penalty, just don't think he's up to much really.
  • SDAddick said:

sam3110 said:

I'd have Mandzukic. Zaza blows far too hot and cold for me. Nothing to do with THAT penalty, just don't think he's up to much really.
    Id try and get Paul Benson and Pawel Abbott back.
  • SDAddick said:

Cawley confirming we want Rudd and Thompson from Norwich on Loan.

I get that Thompson is young and they probably don't want to let him go, but Rudd? We can't get him to sign for us completely? It makes you wonder if anyone realizes that a squad and thus a budget last longer than the nine months of the season.
    Yes, Norwich realise that ; - )

Really it is no different from us loaning Philips out to get games.

The annoying thing about these transfer deals is that we inevitably come up against clubs who know what they're doing.

I get that he's pretty highly rated and unlikely to be let go by Norwich. But if we're only loaning our #1 for a year, we will end up back in this position again next year. I'd get it if we felt that Phillips, Mitov, or Beeney are a year away from being a solid #1, and if we felt that they could be a #1 for the next five years, but it doesn't seem that any of them are there, at least not yet.
  • Mandzukic is 6 foot 3 too, will be good backup to Novak. Sign him up Slade!
  • Scoham said:

I know there's a range of opinions on him but he's not one I can imagine playing at Premier League level.

I know for a fact he has had premiership club interest in the past. It may come as a shock to some people, but maybe the baying mob of fans is not always right?
    No but those who watch him week in week out are
  • Bloody hell... Bergdich is being offered a TWO year deal by Lens according to the News Shopper!!

A decent player, it just didn't work for him or us
    I'm the eternal defender of unpopular players who didn't get their break at Charlton but I'm afraid Bergdich just isn't good enough for the top three tiers of English football.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

I know for a fact he has had premiership club interest in the past. It may come as a shock to some people, but maybe the baying mob of fans is not always right?
    No but those who watch him week in week out are
    Weren't we all saying the same thing about Simon Francis though?
  • Valley11 said:

We need two senior keepers in my view and I don't like that Rudd is coming in on loan.

Not so long ago a certain Scott Carson came in on a season long loan and won the player of the year award! Just saying
  • Will Bergdich get us a fee or has his contract been paid up?
  • There were scouts at the match last night looking at Harriot and Fox, one was from Leicester.
  • Hasn't the Fox to West Ham link come due to Cresswell having some problem? Some Charlton player tweeted him saying be Strong geezer! I looked at his twitter account, it said he's deverstated! But i don't know why! Injured for season maybe? Hence there Fox interest!
  • Valley11 said:

We need two senior keepers in my view and I don't like that Rudd is coming in on loan.

Not so long ago a certain Scott Carson came in on a season long loan and won the player of the year award! Just saying
    Yup, that relegation season.
    Not saying it can't work but I'd prefer to sign a regular number one goal keeper on a permanent. We need to build from the back and a settled back four should be the start
  • Bloody hell... Bergdich is being offered a TWO year deal by Lens according to the News Shopper!!

A decent player, it just didn't work for him or us
    I'm the eternal defender of unpopular players who didn't get their break at Charlton but I'm afraid Bergdich just isn't good enough for the top three tiers of English football.
    Many players have a very poor first season abroad ( & as a club we should know these last 2& a half years)but I think Bergdich has more about him than most of the rubbish we have been sent. Maybe he's just not suited to the UK
  • PopIcon said:

There were scouts at the match last night looking at Harriot and Fox, one was from Leicester.

How do you know this, did they talk to you?