Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• SDAddick said:

Just been out all day with the family and checked in to see nearly 100 new posts.

Even by Charlton standards in this era, we continue to set new standards of incompetence. We are so far away from having a team it's crazy.

6 players needed and basically 50pc of the time nearly gone and none over the line.

You're talking about our transfer dealings (or lack thereof) and not this thread, right?
    Yes our transfer dealings
    I know, I was making a joke...
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Just been out all day with the family and checked in to see nearly 100 new posts.

Even by Charlton standards in this era, we continue to set new standards of incompetence. We are so far away from having a team it's crazy.

6 players needed and basically 50pc of the time nearly gone and none over the line.

You're talking about our transfer dealings (or lack thereof) and not this thread, right?
    Yep - And now I have been whooshed......

Worst.

Thead.

Ever.
  • 100 new posts... No rumours still.
  • Has the prick bannan been mugged off by a teenager lately. #ouchmyknee
  • Any of our in the know think we'll sign anyone this week? @Redhenry

Don't understand?

Don't understand?
    https://amp.twimg.com/v/f6238448-ba78-4102-b5c6-bd15f58cd1f0

Don't understand?
    bannan the prick diving on, Holmes Dennis cutting in and making bannan look stupid, bannan embarrassed, lays on the floor holding his knee. Utube it
  • edited July 2016

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Yep - And now I have been whooshed......

Worst.

Thead.

Ever.
    You're alright it wasn't a particularly good joke. This thread sucks all desire to live out of you.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirts a one off for this season

Oh pleased you cleared that up I was dying to know
  • shirts a one off for this season

What about the Hogwarts badge?
  • So then today has to be the day - otherwise Slades post match interview tomorrow will be bordering on comical.
  • Going to Barcelona tomorrow morning until next Thursday. Not sure whether to stay offline and get the disappointment all in one go when I'm back. Or to get a small amount of disappointment each day....
  • Going to Barcelona tomorrow morning until next Thursday. Not sure whether to stay offline and get the disappointment all in one go when I'm back. Or to get a small amount of disappointment each day....

You know you'll be checking each day.
  • I'd be happy to be wrong, but why do we think Roland will allow us to sign anyone? The last two seasons we have gone into it short, and this year will be exactly the same.

Div 1 will be easy; the youngsters will step up and cope; there is no more money; we can use the loan system for goalies; once the Prem clubs announce their 25 player squads we can cream off the best for the season; blah blah blah!

Until we get the vermin out of our club, we will never be competitive!
  • Onlyme said:

First game in 1974, paid on gate until 97. Season ticket from then on. How can so much damaged be done to our club in such a short time!

Onlyme said:

Sorry wrong thread ! Better have another beer:)

You didn't wanna do that...
  • edited July 2016

So then today has to be the day - otherwise Slades post match interview tomorrow will be bordering on comical.

Indeed.
  • worrying that Foley has not even signed as you would of thought that would of been a easy deal to reach for both parties if there was a wiliness to get it done!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

worrying that Foley has not even signed as you would of thought that would of been a easy deal to reach for both parties if there was a wiliness to get it done!

That's maybe less important since he's here already. The problem is that no one who arrives after tomorrow will have played a single pre-season game, albeit they might do something behind closed doors next week.
  • Or Slade gave them a list of players a few weeks back--- he gave them a big nudge in the press last week but--- Katy gave him a list of RDs Euro Trash which are very very cheap--- he rejected it--- so now dear Katy is trying to get Slades players in, but o dear o dear seems to be taking a tad to much time and of course RDs Ruro Trash are still available .

They have learnt from their mistakes --- we improve every time a new manager comes in--- we will be competitive
  • Or Slade gave them a list of players a few weeks back--- he gave them a big nudge in the press last week but--- Katy gave him a list of RDs Euro Trash which are very very cheap--- he rejected it--- so now dear Katy is trying to get Slades players in, but o dear o dear seems to be taking a tad to much time and of course RDs Ruro Trash are still available .

They have learnt from their mistakes --- we improve every time a new manager comes in--- we will be competitive

Either that Katie is being stubborn and wont budge from her list of European names and is currently a game of who'll blink first!!

Her or Russell (in the sense that either will just go... Oh sign them then, rather than Slade resigning)
  • What is going on? Is it a reluctance to pay summer wages or a reluctance to sign players full stop?
    Or is it simply the complexities of transfer deals holding everything up?

Bring suncream. It's roasting here and set to continue.
  • Two signings WILL be announced by 5pm today
  • there can only be two reasons for the recent lack of signings:

RD won't release the money to fund the recruitment
    The players won't sign due to the current reputation of the club.

what a sad state of affairs

• Looks like any signings we do make somebody is dragged kicking and screaming to the table.
    If there was a cohesive plan, this will all have been done in a measured and controlled manner ages ago, and the manager would not be talking about being 'miles away ' with two weeks to go.
    As each day, indeed as each hour ticks by, it looks to me an unsustainable situation already. I still don't think Russell Slade should resign, however even if it is out of his rather affable character, I really do believe he should tell the world and his wife how he is being left unsupported and rudderless, and he should shout it loudest before the first kick off.
    If the overall gamble is that positive results forgive everything, then they had better happen for the sake of everybody.
  • According to Colin we have signed Kevin Foley.