Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Canters this site is like catnip and we are all pussies...

Yes. Was mentioned in my review a while back that I "spend too much time on that football site" just can't stop. I'm doing it now..
  • So far this is actually worse than last season. Then we at least had an 11 that could compete. We don't even have a starting 11 that can compete at third division level.
  • So far this is actually worse than last season. Then we at least had an 11 that could compete. We don't even have a starting 11 that can compete at third division level.

For RD it's all about getting more u21s into the team. Thought we'd at least have a new GK by now though.
  • Scoham said:

So far this is actually worse than last season. Then we at least had an 11 that could compete. We don't even have a starting 11 that can compete at third division level.

For RD it's all about getting more u21s into the team. Thought we'd at least have a new GK by now though.
    Its a constantly roundabout argument at the moment...

RD Is claiming that Phillips is good enough because he's kept three clean sheets and saying that if its true that he's not good enough then why not Eiji Kawashima who he'd signed at Standard Liege a few years ago!!
  • I thought I'd just check in to the circus this morning.

Any signings or positive rumours?
    Oh well, there's always another day tomorrow, I suppose.

• Worst thing that I can actually see happening is we've now got the squad that'll begin the season against Bury

IF we were to have a good August then we're fucked and you wont see a single signing, we actually need to have a bad (Yes I know it probably wont be difficult) opening month for anything to actually happen
  • Valley11 said:

What is going on? Is it a reluctance to pay summer wages or a reluctance to sign players full stop?
    Or is it simply the complexities of transfer deals holding everything up?

Those 'complexities' only ever seem to hold Charlton up though...?
  • So, RS says we need 5/6 new players. What we'll end up with is Robbie Mustoe and Jesper Blomvquist on deadline day

well, they competed for the first 4 matches...
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

According to Colin we have signed Kevin Foley.

I'd heard that he had signed before last Tuesday game but if so why the lack of an announcement.

• there can only be two reasons for the recent lack of signings:

RD won't release the money to fund the recruitment
    The players won't sign due to the current reputation of the club.

what a sad state of affairs

I've heard players wont sign because of the current state of the club. Fans against the owners is being mentioned.
  • _MrDick said:

So, RS says we need 5/6 new players. What we'll end up with is Robbie Mustoe and Jesper Blomvquist on deadline day

Not sure what the point of appointing Slade is if the SMT are not backing him. Slade's a good fit for us right now. His post match interviews are giving a clear message that we need maturity and experience in the squad - that's how you get the best out of any youngsters and I'm sure he's giving that message to KM. I'd sooner give an opportunity to our own lads than some Premier league youngster who thinks league 1 is beneath him. We've had that before!

Unfortunately the rest is up to the SMT and their ability to negotiate with other British clubs, something they've no experience with apart from selling! We all wait.
  • edited July 2016

dickplumb said:

According to Colin we have signed Kevin Foley.

I'd heard that he had signed before last Tuesday game but if so why the lack of an announcement.

Probably waiting to get someone like Rudd / Thompson and Pearce over the line as they know there will be a wave of negative reaction for Foley if it's the only one.
  • Wonder if Rudd will sign on loan after Saturday.

Will be pretty stupid of Norwich to release their third choice Goalkeeper on loan and then for either Ruddy or McGovern to be injured in their last pre-season friendly tomorrow against Hanover as they wont be able to recall Rudd
  • Wonder if Rudd will sign on loan after Saturday.

Will be pretty stupid of Norwich to release their third choice Goalkeeper on loan and then for either Ruddy or McGovern to be injured in their last pre-season friendly tomorrow against Hanover as they wont be able to recall Rudd

I don't get your logic. They have the same issue if their goalies get injured anytime after saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if once Norwich saw we had no keeper they realised we were desperate and put up the loan fee and/or percentage of wages they wanted us to pay hence the unexpected delay.

Or Rudd met Meire and then changed his mind.
    Cant believe he wouldnt take the bait
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 35s35 seconds ago
    Russell Slade and the first-team squad will meet and greet fans in the North Stand lounge from around 5.30pm

Why not get some new signings done and then do this sort of event?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-family-fun-day-players-autographs-3214003.aspx … #cafc
  • Just to let the OCTRTD sufferers know - nothing yet.
  • Just to let the OCTRTD sufferers know - nothing yet.

Still nothing yet?
  • Could have got Forde on Loan from Millwall.

David Forde has left Millwall to join Portsmouth on a season-long loan.
  • v good keeper
  • Who was replaced in the line up by Jordan Archer last season... Makes me think he's on the way out so not really what we need
  • If there is nobody else in for tomorrow's game then I almost wonder if there is something sinister going on here. It's so ridiculous -y no goalkeeper, u21s all over the squad, a past it Jacko and Crofts in the midfield.

By not doing anything about it are they just trying to get one over on the fans? Stripping assets before selling? Cashing in with no care for how we do this year?

Meire has been silent as well.