Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Blimey Danny Haynes is only 28. He played a key role in our league 1 championship run in and was highly fancied as an ipswich youngster. What went wrong?

His hamstrings.
    I felt incredibly sorry for Danny. He seemed desperate to do well here -- and did when fit -- only for the injury to knock him back again and again.
    Yep, it's a real shame. Clearly had something about him. Remember the belter he scored at Leicester. Real shame he has never achieved what he should have.
  • edited July 2016

Blimey Danny Haynes is only 28. He played a key role in our league 1 championship run in and was highly fancied as an ipswich youngster. What went wrong?

His hamstrings.
    I felt incredibly sorry for Danny. He seemed desperate to do well here -- and did when fit -- only for the injury to knock him back again and again.
    Yep, it's a real shame. Clearly had something about him. Remember the belter he scored at Leicester. Real shame he has never achieved what he should have.
    Surely a fit Haynes is well above Cray W level, whereas if his hamstrings are still bad then he just won't be able to play at all, so that signing slightly puzzles me.
  • Haynes was at Ebbsfleet last season!
  • edited July 2016
    This will teach us for daring to question the Belgian continuum...

They are really rubbing salt into open wounds now!

• How long before we hear Slade say we only need 11 players? Do we even have 11 players?
  • edited July 2016
    What's part time Kat been doing for the last week/two and a half years?
  • It's strange after crawley said busy week. You'd think one deal would have got across the line or they would have reported being close as a leak to the press. I'm starting to wonder if they're going to pull the plug
  • It's strange after crawley said busy week. You'd think one deal would have got across the line or they would have reported being close as a leak to the press. I'm starting to wonder if they're going to pull the plug

Saw earlier even Cawley said that you can't trust Charltons transfer rumours!
  • Sponsored links:

• Option 1 - the regime is incompetent, we will sign a couple of senior but ordinarily league 1 players before the end of August. Balance made up by under 21 players and rushing back unfit quality.

Option 2 - we sign 5-6 top quality players at league 1 levels on the cheap as the market shifts into open mode a bit late for comfort but a decent looking side with quality returning off the treatment table.

I'm guessing option 1.
  • Henderson played for Forest tonight against Alfreton Town, let in three (3-3)
  • Any his fault?
  • Any his fault?

Probably, but the journo did say he had a young defence in front of him, still, he should be used to that!
  • Remember how 16 or 17 other league clubs signed new managers while we had none. We are now seeing the consequences of all that wasted time - my guess is that it will be October/November before we have a chance of a settled team - I'm afraid KM/RD have demonstrated again they are incapable of learning any lessons from the past. They need to hurry up and find a new Head of Comms - my guess is that they will need someone to hide behind pretty quick, not much chance of an adult goalkeeper taking Press Conferences at present.
  • vffvff
    edited July 2016
    Question: Does Charlton still have a top 6 budget ?

(with all the outgoings and few incomings)
  • Remember how Katrien has persistently managed to either fire or force resignation of virtually every staff member who has a decent degree of competence?

And sometimes even people who had no competence at all (Mandy, thinking of you here)

she is a total shocker.
  • I really don't know why i open this thread nothing changes
  • vff said:

Question: Does Charlton still have a top 6

I'm sure we definitely have a top 6 budget - it's just that Russell isn't allowed to use it

• Sponsored links:

• Charlton are looking to sign Hartlepool's Brad Walker...

... According to Football Rumours. It's worth posting no matter how made up as I've not seen a football rumour in about 10 pages!
  • vff said:

Question: Does Charlton still have a top 6 budget ?

(with all the outgoings and few incomings)

Other forum members have already stated that no one really knows what a top six budget for a league one club would be.

I would argue, with absolutely no evidence to back it up, that the majority of league 1 club budgets would be significantly lower than the lowest Championship clubs.
    Even with our recent player sales, taking into account all player wages (first team squad, players out on loan etc), that our wage budget is close to top 6 in League 1.
    Within the current flawed club set up though that budget wouldn't stretch far. Which is why it's looking like we will start the season, and i am being generous here, with at best a mid table squad of players.
  • Beckboy said:

I really don't know why i open this thread nothing changes

Addiction like me.
  • Charlton are looking to sign cathphrases Roy Walker...

... According to Football Rumours. It's worth posting no matter how made up as I've not seen a football rumour in about 10 pages!

• sm said:

Remember how 16 or 17 other league clubs signed new managers while we had none. We are now seeing the consequences of all that wasted time - my guess is that it will be October/November before we have a chance of a settled team - I'm afraid KM/RD have demonstrated again they are incapable of learning any lessons from the past. They need to hurry up and find a new Head of Comms - my guess is that they will need someone to hide behind pretty quick, not much chance of an adult goalkeeper taking Press Conferences at present.

You're right but I would guess most potential managers and players are dubious about joining us. In football, one bad move can finish a career.
  • The very first post on this thread says it all.
    Subsequent 194 pages are, 95% plus, merely a monument to the inadequacy of this regime.
    It still hurts not to be looking forward to the new season with a nice fresh, unused, ST in my kitchen draw.
    I somehow admire the optimists amount our number who are looked are forward
    the season ahead with the normal optimism of a football fan.
    My over riding emotion? What's the point.
    Still got a ticket for the Shrewsbury game, what is wrong with me? I don't even listen to myself.
  • skywalker said:

Standard Liège's coach/T1/manager announced he has 5 players he needs to let go. One goalkeeper included ...

Thuram? - I bet we get at least one of these players. Roly can't help himself.
  • Thuram would at least bring a comedy element.