Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• _MrDick said:

Russell .... Do yourself a favour and walk away now whilst your dignity, pride and reputation are still in tact. NightMeire and Duchatelet are going to bring you down.

Can't imagine there's anyone would take the job if Slade were to walk.
  • Macronate said:

Penalties looming.

Get Nicky Bailey in on an emergency loan.

Now there was a proper player. Loved Bailey
  • No reason to walk. Team much better in 2nd half. Shame to lose 3-4 on pens. Would sign 2 of the trialists on today's showing.
  • Crusty54 said:

No reason to walk. Team much better in 2nd half. Shame to lose 3-4 on pens. Would sign 2 of the trialists on today's showing.

You mean unfit gobern who play about 10 mins, and foley who kept giving the ball away?
  • sammy391 said:

Crusty54 said:

No reason to walk. Team much better in 2nd half. Shame to lose 3-4 on pens. Would sign 2 of the trialists on today's showing.

You mean unfit gobern who play about 10 mins, and foley who kept giving the ball away?
    Yes because one performance doesnt make a season!!
  • Crusty54 said:

If you would sign Gobern on that performance then I assume you are using the same laptop that scouted Bergdich.

He looks conpletely unfit and touched the ball about 5 times!
  • I was not at game, but told that a member of staff was meeting a player at the airport.

Messi perhaps or one of Roland's other rejects perhaps.
  • This is the trouble with not doing your business early you get plays with no clubs who are unfit because of lack of pre season training
  • edited July 2016
    J BLOCK said:

Ba played up front? He can't even play in midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't believe that Thuram is being met at the airport by a member of staff with a view to returning.
    Well I can believe it actually, but what it means is something like:

Russell we're selling Pope
    I need a keeper how about xy or z?
    No Russell, you want a keeper, we're giving you a keeper so stop moaning. here is Thuram, knows the club, masterminded goalkeeping here under Chris Powell.

At the fans forum Katrien she is minuted as saying:

KM: Yes, as was said in the press conference Russell decides which players that were identified by
    our scouts he wants to pursue those he won’t. So far every signing has his final seal of approval and
    it’s all going well.

The players are those identified by our scouts, so Russell pursues some and not others, I take this to mean the choice is controlled even before it gets to Russell's say so.
    Then the magic words 'so far'. So far they have Russell's seal of approval, what happens when 'so far' runs out? He is prevailed upon just like every other manager so far?
    If you're given a choice between one player or nothing it isn't much of a choice is it?
  • I was not at game, but told that a member of staff was meeting a player at the airport.

Messi perhaps or one of Roland's other rejects perhaps.

Usually the player liaison goes to collect them , but she was at the game today!
  • Beckboy said:

This is the trouble with not doing your business early you get plays with no clubs who are unfit because of lack of pre season training

Funny that, if I had no club I'd be doing the best to be fit and available
  • Anyone recognise the bloke Katrien is talking to? Someone on Twitter said that a man in a club uniform reckons that she thinks we already have enough players.

Half-time I was next to the directors box talking to a mate.

As clear as day I could see him showing a game(not our one!) on his mobile, squirrel face then stuck notes down on her note pad.
  • shine166 said:

Beckboy said:

This is the trouble with not doing your business early you get plays with no clubs who are unfit because of lack of pre season training

Funny that, if I had no club I'd be doing the best to be fit and available
    There is a difference being fit and match fit though isnt there...

These free players can do as much work as they want in the Gym but they need game time to get the rust out of their game and work on their decision making when under pressure from the opposition

I thought one of our signings wasn't even fit enough for pre season games... That has nothing to do work sharpness or decision making
  • I don't suppose the club official who thinks Charlton has enough players for the season cares to be accountable for that opinion ?
  • Super (hatrick hero) Kevin Lisbir is at a loose end. Was spotted in the crowd at Orient. He's an ex academy player so he should fit the RD bill.
  • KM's job will be safe even if we end the season with no points and no fans - RD rewards her incompetence. Everyone else but her is to blame.
    Lovely lady!
  • Sponsored links:

• KM's job will be safe even if we end the season with no points and no fans - RD rewards her incompetence. Everyone else but her is to blame.
    Lovely lady!

RD rewards her for achieving his goals and objectives, which is balancing the books so he gets his interest payments without putting in more money. He's not bothered by football success or popularity with the fans. The guy is probably sitting in his Belgium bunker right now masterbating over the early projections!
    Target RD. If he goes, KM goes.
  • Anyone recognise the bloke Katrien is talking to? Someone on Twitter said that a man in a club uniform reckons that she thinks we already have enough players.

Half-time I was next to the directors box talking to a mate.

As clear as day I could see him showing a game(not our one!) on his mobile, squirrel face then stuck notes down on her note pad.
    Probably scouting on YouTube again.
  • bellz2002 said:

https://gyazo.com/4e2f0d1fa8e01a75234c62dd77970fd6

I may be missing something here but who?

Ray Donavon
    J BLOCK said:

Id take everything reams says with a bucket of salt

A truck full of it more like . The man is a pillock
  • Nothing to see here after a week in Spain , I'm looking forward to the new season , I've still got a week left .....
  • Do we have a goalkeeper yet....
  • Philips.
  • Do we have a goalkeeper yet....

No - not a proper goalkeeper. We have someone who has never played league football and a couple of kids but they don't count.
  • So, have we signed any.... Oh forget it.
  • My prediction for this week ... There will be no new signings.
  • _MrDick said:

My prediction for this week ... There will be no new signings.

_MrDick said:

My prediction for this week ... There will be no new signings.

Source? Will they pass the cl height test etc