Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• @skywalker - who are the players in question?
  • Thuram would at least bring a comedy element.

I think we've all had enough of that type of comedy now don't you think?!!
  • skywalker said:

Standard Liège's coach/T1/manager announced he has 5 players he needs to let go. One goalkeeper included ...

Thuram? - I bet we get at least one of these players. Roly can't help himself.
    Please please please God NO!

• as worrying as the lack of actual signings is the lack of actual rumours.
  • I know off thread but did not want to start a new one. Lewis Kinsella transferred from Villa to Colchester, is this Mark's son?
  • Kap10 said:

I know off thread but did not want to start a new one. Lewis Kinsella transferred from Villa to Colchester, is this Mark's son?

Nope, Marks son is Liam Kinsella who plays for Walsall.
  • vffvff
    edited July 2016
    Kap10 said:

I know off thread but did not want to start a new one. Lewis Kinsella transferred from Villa to Colchester, is this Mark's son?

Off thread on the transfer rumours thread, @Kap10, that's terrible :wink:

(Being on thread this pre season transfer rumours is an acheivement)

Off thread and totally incorrect, even an achievement for this thread :smile:
  • Terry Butcher made a point on the Danny Baker show this morning that the Premier clubs won't release players for loans until mid August as their season starts later
  • This thread is a joke .might aswel close it .

What a fucking shambles of a football club we are. I'd have big money on RS being gone by the end of September . Why would he want to work at this circus. He knows he's had a mare coming here, only gonna be worse when we're third bottom after 6 games
  • Sponsored links:

• Pearce to sign this afternoon.

Loan or perm?
  • Valley11 said:

Pearce to sign this afternoon.

Loan or perm?
    The rumour comes from ITTV, where reams is saying pearce was rumoured to be at the training ground all week and COULD be at the valley today.
    Have to question why he was there all week and took all week to agree to anything
  • sammy391 said:

Valley11 said:

Loan or perm?
    The rumour comes from ITTV, where reams is saying pearce was rumoured to be at the training ground all week and COULD be at the valley today.
    Have to question why he was there all week and took all week to agree to anything
    Waiting for other offers?
  • limeygent said:

sammy391 said:

Valley11 said:

Loan or perm?
    Waiting for other offers?
    Considering the start of the week up till Wednesday , Wigan hadn't received a bid from us (according to Gary Caldwell)- Id be surprised that a deal is near if there even is one!
    He gave up championship status to join Wigan and after a good season, it would be hard to see him doing it again to join us!

And paraded in front of 33 fans before the game
  • When do we ever announce signings on the weekend?
  • When do we ever announce signings?
  • Sponsored links:

• I suspect it's a number of factors, including a lack of planning, uncertainty about the budget and reputational issues. Primarily, however, it is likely to be Roland's reluctance to pay the 'going rate' for English players, both in terms of transfer fees (where applicable) and wages.
  • Blucher said:

I suspect it's a number of factors, including a lack of planning, uncertainty about the budget and reputational issues. Primarily, however, it is likely to be Roland's reluctance to pay the 'going rate' for English players, both in terms of transfer fees (where applicable) and wages.

Well something is wrong with the recruitment process but weren't we led to believe that when we signed Novak that we were willing to pay more wages than Millwall and a couple of other clubs ?
  • Oh to be a fly on Russell's shoulder!

Slade: Hang on that's not what you said when I agreed to come here!
  • Anyone have the feeling Slade is playing some brinkmanship here? No factual basis for this but I get the impression he has his targets, KM has refused them and is trying to get him to sign a load of crap/network players and he's having none of it. If so is a dangerous game to play but if it works would no doubt end up being in a lot stronger position.

I'm sorry Russy baby,I might've told you a couple of porkies.....
  • Who knows but, whilst we got those three early signings over the line, Roland's appetite to go any further seems to have significantly diminished. At present, it looks very much like he is reverting to his habitual 'sticking plaster' approach.

Perhaps he is waiting for any sales of Lookman and Tex before reassessing the position.
  • Blucher said:

I suspect it's a number of factors, including a lack of planning, uncertainty about the budget and reputational issues. Primarily, however, it is likely to be Roland's reluctance to pay the 'going rate' for English players, both in terms of transfer fees (where applicable) and wages.

Well something is wrong with the recruitment process but weren't we led to believe that when we signed Novak that we were willing to pay more wages than Millwall and a couple of other clubs ?
    Maybe somebody (Wilder/ Belgian Laptop Jockeys/other) had convinced them that the 3 forwards were all that was required.
    Now Slade is trying to make them face up to the new reality?
  • edited July 2016

Oh to be a fly on Russell's shoulder!

Come on Katie, I usually meet you on the corner.
  • sammy391 said:

Valley11 said:

Loan or perm?
    sammy391 said:

Valley11 said:

Loan or perm?
    waiting for Texeira to be sold to raise the funds or maybe he thought better of it having seen the aged midfield that he will be playing behind