Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• No one at the press conference yesterday seemed to ask russell slade if we are 'nearly there'with any new signings

There was no one else there at the Press Conference...

Olly has mentioned that other than the Club, no one from the press were there because of Holidays etc.
    Or because they are not interested!
  • Hell I'm just going by why Olly said on another thread.

As for deserving a Holiday, these are normal workers like me and you so people have to be utter pricks if they think they shouldn't have a Holiday whenever they want!!

As for deserving a Holiday, these are normal workers like me and you so people have to be utter pricks if they think they shouldn't have a Holiday whenever they want!!

And of course they can't send someone else instead.

Its the News Shopper though not the Daily Mail or Guardian... Are they going to have a mountain of Sports Reporters or are all going to have their own schedules on different articles?

I dont know I've never been a Journalist so dont try to presume how it works
  • At the end of the day its a Press Conference, it doesnt matter if the News Shopper had been there with Olly, we wouldnt have got much more information than what we've already been given... After weeks of asking Slade, he's always said; Be patient so this week he's not going to turn round and go: Okay just to get you off my back I'm trying to sign X player and Y Player

I doubt the SLP and Newshopper have sports departments they size of national daily papers. Probably just a couple of people who have to cover all SE London clubs and other sports at the same time.
  • edited August 2016
    Great opportunity for a budding junior or intern. I'm sure that even local Newspapers have those and a vested interest in reporting on local football clubs. It's bread and butter.
  • After weeks of asking Slade, he's always said; Be patient so this week he's not going to turn round and go: Okay just to get you off my back I'm trying to sign X player and Y Player

I've never heard of those players - what positions do they play

I hope one is a box to box midfielder and the other a creative midfielder....
  • Sponsored links:

• After weeks of asking Slade, he's always said; Be patient so this week he's not going to turn round and go: Okay just to get you off my back I'm trying to sign X player and Y Player

I've never heard of those players - what positions do they play

I hope one is a box to box midfielder and the other a creative midfielder....
    Nah, fraid one is another Centre-Back whilst we signed a Defensive / Defensive Midfielder now!! :(
  • sam3110 said:
    I'd have him in a heartbeat. He's my age but he looks 20 years older. He was also meant to be the Irish Riquelme. Never quite panned out that one...

Its the News Shopper though not the Daily Mail or Guardian... Are they going to have a mountain of Sports Reporters or are all going to have their own schedules on different articles?

they could have sent Jenny who does the cake of the week column and answers readers sexual questions couldn't they?
  • edited August 2016

Hell I'm just going by why Olly said on another thread.

I wasn't questioning your comment, more what Olly said

Football reporters presumably take most of their holidays during the long off season. And Louis and Cawley have been reporting and tweeting this week, so they're not obviously on holiday
  • No one at the press conference yesterday seemed to ask russell slade if we are 'nearly there'with any new signings

There was no one else there at the Press Conference...

Olly has mentioned that other than the Club, no one from the press were there because of Holidays etc.
    Perhaps the media do not see a failing club in League 1 as something worth devoting resources to?
  • edited August 2016
    mogodon said:

Perhaps the media do not see a failing club in League 1 as something worth devoting resources to?

RD and KM see us as a failing club in League 1 not worth devoting resources to

they could have sent Jenny who does the cake of the week column and answers readers sexual questions couldn't they?
    She was having lunch down the Millers
  • There will b 3 signings - mark my words
  • DOUCHER said:

There will b 3 signings - mark my words

From Bournemouth?
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

Never understood why people do this.
  • DOUCHER said:

There will, but when? Your statement is so ambiguous it's ridiculous.

For example

We will be sold

We will go down

We will replace Slade

Mark my words
  • DOUCHER said:

One Belgian, one Moroccan and ....
  • We will kick ball

Oh come on!
  • Jackson's legs will eventually go.
  • edited August 2016

Polish Pete returns and fires us to promotion with 40 goals

And I win the grand national riding a blind 3 legged hippo.
    What's the hippos name mate? I need to get some wedge on it :wink:
  • Hard to believe we still have no names.