Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• vffvff
    edited August 2016
    Swisdom said:

Over on ITTV

Changes happening to structure of the club which is a good thing and will hopefully make things better but there is not a takeover in progress. Things are changing though.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/19955/takeover-thread-out#ixzz4ITTPey00
    Its all distraction, smoke and mirrors. Its gone from takeover by Billionaire / + 1 other to positive changes of personnel. Why the vagueness and mystery if something good was happening ? Would these future positive changes be part of the new era ? It is wind up bullshit that has ended up with new era regime bollocks, that is just a repackaging and rebranding of the same old horseshit.

The main item on the table now is reinforcements for the midfield and squad strength & what happens on the field of play. Success is one of the main things the football is supposed to be about ?
  • CAFCsayer said:

I know this regime are inept, but are you suggesting that they have waited until three days before you are not allowed to make transfers anymore to bring in someone whose sole role would be to find people to bring in on a transfer?

Who is suggesting that @CAFCsayer ?

Hope that todays game brings some rumours / also whether @LouisMend can ask Russell Slade on how it is going transfer wise.
  • vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

I know this regime are inept, but are you suggesting that they have waited until three days before you are not allowed to make transfers anymore to bring in someone whose sole role would be to find people to bring in on a transfer?

Hope that todays game brings some rumours / also whether @LouisMend can ask Russell Slade on how it is going transfer wise.
    Redhenry said:

sounds like Slade is getting his player recruitment man to Charlton. Thought it would have been OTOS by now.

• CAFCsayer said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

Redhenry said:

sounds like Slade is getting his player recruitment man to Charlton. Thought it would have been OTOS by now.

I thought that there was a chief UK scout at the club ? So the rumour is Russell Slade is getting his player recruitment man, right at the end of the transfer window ? That may be positive if the sketchy rumour proves true but is not going to have any imminent impact & Duchatelet still controls the purse strings. Is this what the takeover & positive changes at the club has boiled down to ?
  • vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

Redhenry said:

I thought that there was a chief UK scout at the club ? So the rumour is Russell Slade is getting his player recruitment man, right at the end of the transfer window ? That may be positive if the sketchy rumour proves true but is not going to have any imminent impact & Duchatelet still controls the purse strings. Is this what the takeover & positive changes at the club has boiled down to ?
    Or could it be that in the time Slade has been at the club he has had to work very hard to get what he wants but has finally won the battle and persuaded RD that if he wants a promotion winning team that it takes going that extra mile.

Perhaps no immediate impact but I can't see a problem with a manager getting his ducks in a row with people he wants and trusts.

I can't see anything other than this being a positive move going forward. Still lets spin it to be completely negative.
  • All meaningless unless Duchatelet sells.
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

Redhenry said:

Or could it be that in the time Slade has been at the club he has had to work very hard to get what he wants but has finally won the battle and persuaded RD that if he wants a promotion winning team that it takes going that extra mile.

Perhaps no immediate impact but I can't see a problem with a manager getting his ducks in a row with people he wants and trusts.

I can't see anything other than this being a positive move going forward. Still lets spin it to be completely negative.
    I know you have a bee in your bonnet about being negative, but I did say that this could be positive if true but with no imminent impact.

You have somehow gone on to spin the unsubstantiated scout rumour that Duchatelet has seen the light with Slade convincing him and that Duchatelet now wants a promotion winning team. Not sure where you get that from.
  • jamescafc said:

My guess is Scott Parker

Light the blue touch paper and stand back.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

From Ketts.

Signings were never expected this week Col. Should be two by the deadline, though like many deals at this time of the year, there is a chain involved in one of the moves.

Elsewhere, it seems that loads of deals have dragged on until the final days of the transfer window
  • If Scott Parker was to come back in the Andy Hughes type role then I'd take him back in a heart beat as reckon he'd be a massive help to Jackson in the dressing room.

If though he's like Diego Poyet Mk.2 or Mikkel Alonso then no thank you
  • What's Andy Reid up to now?
  • What's Andy Reid up to now?

Retired.

http://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/4386/charlton-happy-move-duo-window-shuts/

Club looking to move Tex and Ba on. No surprise there.
  • Reid retired in the summer
  • Scoham said:

What's Andy Reid up to now?

Retired.

Both understandable, but why the bullshit "injuries" that neither player clearly have.
  • Scoham said:

Retired.

Both understandable, but why the bullshit "injuries" that neither player clearly have.
    injuries that should they not move will suddenly disappear
  • Scoham said:

Retired.

Then play them and get them in the shop window. Ba is a donkey but we are in a donkey league now. Bench at least
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    Does it really matter though?

We could have all the best scouts and we'd still be heavily reliant on Roland actually wanting to sign the chosen players as well as reliant on Roland to spend decent money!

Two major stumbling blocks to any deals whoever the scout (either computer geek or Slade's guy) and that's before smaller problems with Roland arise or even before katrien gets involved!
  • edited August 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

It's a sad indictment of this regime that we should be happy we landed Slade's scout.

Oh I don't know, :wink:
  • edited August 2016

vff said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

op

Redhenry said:

I know you have a bee in your bonnet about being negative, but I did say that this could be positive if true but with no imminent impact.

You have somehow gone on to spin the unsubstantiated scout rumour that Duchatelet has seen the light with Slade convincing him and that Duchatelet now wants a promotion winning team. Not sure where you get that from.
    I'm obviously making my point badly. It's not particularly this new Slade scout rumour. It's wider than that. This regime have been clueless and our CEO is a walking breathing disaster but not every single thing that the club has done or is trying to do is bad. If the Slade thing with his own trusted scout being appointed is true then is a very good thing. Just like the signings of Ajose, Holmes and Magennis have been good.

By all means critisise whenever it's necessary but there are far too many posts on here that are spun negatively regardless of what's happening. It is driving people away from this forum and stopping people posting what they have heard because they know it's just going to be ridiculed.

Or, another way to put it, as one of the modern World's great thinkers said, "just because some things are shitty, it doesn't mean that everything's shit".... ;-)
  • Redhenry said:

This is a change of strategy. The new man is Slades appointment, not Katrien, he is responsible for some of our signings already.
    Surely this is postive.

It's not a change of "strategy"

It's a change of personnel. At most it is a re-distribution of responsibilities from Slade/Head/Katrien to this new person.

It is NOT a change in "strategy."

It's a good thing, that the manager gets someone his knows and trusts to work with but where does that leave Steve Head, the chief scout who was only announced three months ago?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-chief-scout-appointment-steve-head-3125202.aspx

Of course, Head came before Slade so maybe this is a sign that Slade is getting his man and not Katrien's?

Or will we have both? In which case what does KM do in recruitment?
  • vff said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

Redhenry said:

I'm obviously making my point badly. It's not particularly this new Slade scout rumour. It's wider than that. This regime have been clueless and our CEO is a walking breathing disaster but not every single thing that the club has done or is trying to do is bad. If the Slade thing with his own trusted scout being appointed is true then is a very good thing. Just like the signings of Ajose, Holmes and Magennis have been good.

By all means critisise whenever it's necessary but there are far too many posts on here that are spun negatively regardless of what's happening. It is driving people away from this forum and stopping people posting what they have heard because they know it's just going to be ridiculed.

Who are these people and what do they know that they aren't posting?
  • Redhenry said:

This is a change of strategy. The new man is Slades appointment, not Katrien, he is responsible for some of our signings already.
    Surely this is postive.

It's not a change of "strategy"

It's a change of personnel. At most it is a re-distribution of responsibilities from Slade/Head/Katrien to this new person.

It is NOT a change in "strategy."

It's a good thing, that the manager gets someone his knows and trusts to work with but where does that leave Steve Head, the chief scout who was only announced three months ago?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-chief-scout-appointment-steve-head-3125202.aspx

Of course, Head came before Slade so maybe this is a sign that Slade is getting his man and not Katrien's?

Or will we have both? In which case what does KM do in recruitment?
    I think we all know the answer to that one Henners :wink: .
  • vff said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

Redhenry said:

Who are these people and what do they know that they aren't posting?
    Well I guess the answer to that is watch the empty spaces that used to be filled and notice when regular itk poster(s) stop posting.

• Here is a really, really, really good piece from The Set Piece busting some of the common transfer window myths (it was serialized in the Guardian a couple days ago):

http://thesetpieces.com/features/transfer-window-myth-busting/