Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I'm confused - is Steve Head going? Who is the replacements?
  • What's Andy Reid up to now?

In the boozer on his fifth pint tucking into a pie and chips.

• It's a good thing, that the manager gets someone his knows and trusts to work with but where does that leave Steve Head, the chief scout who was only announced three months ago?

He'll be Head scout ?

• So another amazing piece of planning two days BEFORE a transfer window SHUTS we bring in a head scout...

Is that the big news? Because i dug some fluff out of my belly button this morning and i think that bit of news tops theirs!

Belgian twats!

What colour fluff was it?
  • vff said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

I know this regime are inept, but are you suggesting that they have waited until three days before you are not allowed to make transfers anymore to bring in someone whose sole role would be to find people to bring in on a transfer?

Who is suggesting that @CAFCsayer ?

Hope that todays game brings some rumours / also whether @LouisMend can ask Russell Slade on how it is going transfer wise.
    Redhenry said:

sounds like Slade is getting his player recruitment man to Charlton. Thought it would have been OTOS by now.

I thought that there was a chief UK scout at the club ? So the rumour is Russell Slade is getting his player recruitment man, right at the end of the transfer window ? That may be positive if the sketchy rumour proves true but is not going to have any imminent impact & Duchatelet still controls the purse strings. Is this what the takeover & positive changes at the club has boiled down to ?
    Or could it be that in the time Slade has been at the club he has had to work very hard to get what he wants but has finally won the battle and persuaded RD that if he wants a promotion winning team that it takes going that extra mile.

Perhaps no immediate impact but I can't see a problem with a manager getting his ducks in a row with people he wants and trusts.

I can't see anything other than this being a positive move going forward. Still lets spin it to be completely negative.
    I know you have a bee in your bonnet about being negative, but I did say that this could be positive if true but with no imminent impact.

You have somehow gone on to spin the unsubstantiated scout rumour that Duchatelet has seen the light with Slade convincing him and that Duchatelet now wants a promotion winning team. Not sure where you get that from.
    I'm obviously making my point badly. It's not particularly this new Slade scout rumour. It's wider than that. This regime have been clueless and our CEO is a walking breathing disaster but not every single thing that the club has done or is trying to do is bad. If the Slade thing with his own trusted scout being appointed is true then is a very good thing. Just like the signings of Ajose, Holmes and Magennis have been good.

By all means critisise whenever it's necessary but there are far too many posts on here that are spun negatively regardless of what's happening. It is driving people away from this forum and stopping people posting what they have heard because they know it's just going to be ridiculed.

Who are these people and what do they know that they aren't posting?
    Well I guess the answer to that is watch the empty spaces that used to be filled and notice when regular itk poster(s) stop posting.

Like who ?
  • vff said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

I know this regime are inept, but are you suggesting that they have waited until three days before you are not allowed to make transfers anymore to bring in someone whose sole role would be to find people to bring in on a transfer?

Who is suggesting that @CAFCsayer ?

Hope that todays game brings some rumours / also whether @LouisMend can ask Russell Slade on how it is going transfer wise.
    Redhenry said:

sounds like Slade is getting his player recruitment man to Charlton. Thought it would have been OTOS by now.

I thought that there was a chief UK scout at the club ? So the rumour is Russell Slade is getting his player recruitment man, right at the end of the transfer window ? That may be positive if the sketchy rumour proves true but is not going to have any imminent impact & Duchatelet still controls the purse strings. Is this what the takeover & positive changes at the club has boiled down to ?
    Or could it be that in the time Slade has been at the club he has had to work very hard to get what he wants but has finally won the battle and persuaded RD that if he wants a promotion winning team that it takes going that extra mile.

Perhaps no immediate impact but I can't see a problem with a manager getting his ducks in a row with people he wants and trusts.

I can't see anything other than this being a positive move going forward. Still lets spin it to be completely negative.
    I know you have a bee in your bonnet about being negative, but I did say that this could be positive if true but with no imminent impact.

You have somehow gone on to spin the unsubstantiated scout rumour that Duchatelet has seen the light with Slade convincing him and that Duchatelet now wants a promotion winning team. Not sure where you get that from.
    I'm obviously making my point badly. It's not particularly this new Slade scout rumour. It's wider than that. This regime have been clueless and our CEO is a walking breathing disaster but not every single thing that the club has done or is trying to do is bad. If the Slade thing with his own trusted scout being appointed is true then is a very good thing. Just like the signings of Ajose, Holmes and Magennis have been good.

By all means critisise whenever it's necessary but there are far too many posts on here that are spun negatively regardless of what's happening. It is driving people away from this forum and stopping people posting what they have heard because they know it's just going to be ridiculed.

Who are these people and what do they know that they aren't posting?
    Well I guess the answer to that is watch the empty spaces that used to be filled and notice when regular itk poster(s) stop posting.

No, not noticed anyone not posting ITK stuff other than Colin who doesn't count.

You said they weren't posting so who are they?
  • So another amazing piece of planning two days BEFORE a transfer window SHUTS we bring in a head scout...

Is that the big news? Because i dug some fluff out of my belly button this morning and i think that bit of news tops theirs!

Belgian twats!

Didn't I read we'd already utilised the services of this chap?

Belgian twats!

What colour fluff was it?
    Belly fluff is always blue, isnt it?
  • There was a rumour a few weeks ago that Ipswich fancied Lookman. With Daryl Murphy set to depart Ipswich for Newcastle they may have the funds to buy Lookie now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was told by two people today that we are in talks with an ex-england international defender, didn't have the name. With our track record it'll be Chris Poxwell and the talks will be about Lookman going to Huddersfield
  • CAFCsayer said:

Was told by two people today that we are in talks with an ex-england international defender, didn't have the name. With our track record it'll be Chris Poxwell and the talks will be about Lookman going to Huddersfield

Well if this is true it's probably Matt Upson. Released by MK Dons in the summer.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Was told by two people today that we are in talks with an ex-england international defender, didn't have the name. With our track record it'll be Chris Poxwell and the talks will be about Lookman going to Huddersfield

Well if this is true it's probably Matt Upson. Released by MK Dons in the summer.
    Given that Pearce (also left footed) seems to be first choice and Upson has barely played in the last few years, that would make less than zero sense.
  • Could be Nicky Shorey who was released by Colchester..............
  • Ashley Cole
  • Could be Nicky Shorey who was released by Colchester..............

And played alongside RoJo for Pune City..................................
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited August 2016

CAFCsayer said:

Upson is a good player but with apparently scare resources do Charlton need another defender with Pearce, Bauer, Konsa, Lennon, Texiera and Johnson. Unless we are going to lose a few of those ?

Edited Thanks @ForeverAddickted

Always get Lennon and Osbourne mixed up for some reason. Thankfully there's lots of helpful characters on Charlton Life ready to correct mistakes / misspellings / grammar etc etc :wink:
  • i think it is Konchesky.
  • vff said:

CAFCsayer said:

Upson is a good player but with apparently scare resources do Charlton need another defender with Pearce, Bauer, Konsa, Osbourne, Texiera and Johnson. Unless we are going to lose a few of those ?
    Who's Osbourne?
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
  • vff said:

Are you serious?

That's huge news. Can't wait to tell the kids.
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016

vff said:

Are you serious?

That's huge news. Can't wait to tell the kids.
    Whatever.