Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Foley is right back and at a pinch midfield cover. That he has started the season in midfield says it all. I'm not criticising the player who is a useful addition to the squad and I would accept there are going to be times in a season where you might need him to play him in midfield to cover injuries. But starting with him in that position! Bloody hell! Then having him in a midfield with Jackson and Crofts. I mean, Bloody hell! Then you get some injuries and .....Bloody hell. This is not how you run a football club of our size in a league we need to get out of as a priority!

Agree but I think we will have a new central midfielder by Thursday and with Kashi and Diarra due back in the new year.

What we have started with is not ideal by any stretch but at league one level it's just not possible for it to be ideal. The skill of the manager is to get that balance right. No other league club will be operating much differently.

Both Diarra and Kashi will not start 20 games between them this season.

Neither will be with us next season either.
  • shirty5 said:

cafc4life said:

50 odd new posts and its people comparing players from 5 years ago . Jesus Christ

Is this "Christ" fella an attacking midfielder?
    Thought he must be a centre half or striker as I heard he gets up well for crosses.

• edited August 2016
    Valley11 said:

So any clues about who these 3 newbies are then @Redhenry ?

@Valley11 Don't know who the three supposed newbies are.
    All I know is, we were interested in an Irish player at Cardiff and Dawson wanted to come, not sure the club wanted him though.

Ahh! Just seen the newsshopper piece
  • Hmm. Interesting.
    Only Irish player at Cardiff is Pilkington and there's no chance of getting him
  • shirty5 said:

cafc4life said:

50 odd new posts and its people comparing players from 5 years ago . Jesus Christ

Depends, he is pretty handy if you are looking to do well in a waterlogged pitch, looks like he's walking on water.

Handy if you're behind as well, can make a come back from the dead a reality according to eye witness reports.

Allied to his ability to deliver from crosses as mentioned above, he's pretty handy. Trained as a chippy, a real rags to riches story.

He gets a lot of press though. Some german dude invented the printing press to spread the word of his work around the world. Would have to monitor ongoing media commitments.
  • shirty5 said:

cafc4life said:

Depends, he is pretty handy if you are looking to do well in a waterlogged pitch, looks like he's walking on water.

Handy if you're behind as well, can make a come back from the dead a reality according to eye witness reports.

Allied to his ability to deliver from crosses as mentioned above, he's pretty handy. Trained as a chippy, a real rags to riches story.

He gets a lot of press though. Some german dude invented the printing press to spread the word of his work around the world. Would have to monitor ongoing media commitments.
    Would do well in the catering department though. He could feed the entire crowd with a couple of loaves of bread and a few pilchards.
  • You know I tried so hard to try and get that into a central midfielder thread. I abandoned it in the end but I had all sorts of feeding the strike line from scraps and creating vintage wine crosses from watery supply. I think the lunchtime wine has maybe kicked in now.
  • edited August 2016

Foley is right back and at a pinch midfield cover. That he has started the season in midfield says it all. I'm not criticising the player who is a useful addition to the squad and I would accept there are going to be times in a season where you might need him to play him in midfield to cover injuries. But starting with him in that position! Bloody hell! Then having him in a midfield with Jackson and Crofts. I mean, Bloody hell! Then you get some injuries and .....Bloody hell. This is not how you run a football club of our size in a league we need to get out of as a priority!

Agree but I think we will have a new central midfielder by Thursday and with Kashi and Diarra due back in the new year.

What we have started with is not ideal by any stretch but at league one level it's just not possible for it to be ideal. The skill of the manager is to get that balance right. No other league club will be operating much differently.

With respect says you. But asuming they get fit they will be part of the squad and be available to call on and will need games. They will add to the depth. As for not being here next season I suspect you could be right but so what ?

In fact this is what you posted on the Slade out thread -

" Diarra and Kashi will not start 30 games between them this season"

You are not even consistent in your negativity or has something changed since August 11 that you are not telling us ?

• Foley is right back and at a pinch midfield cover. That he has started the season in midfield says it all. I'm not criticising the player who is a useful addition to the squad and I would accept there are going to be times in a season where you might need him to play him in midfield to cover injuries. But starting with him in that position! Bloody hell! Then having him in a midfield with Jackson and Crofts. I mean, Bloody hell! Then you get some injuries and .....Bloody hell. This is not how you run a football club of our size in a league we need to get out of as a priority!

With respect says you. But asuming they get fit they will be part of the squad and be available to call on and will need games. They will add to the depth. As for not being here next season I suspect you could be right but so what ?

Kashi, by January would have been out for 18 months, Leeds game aside.

Hopefully by the end of January players would have come in with match fitness and quality to add to the team for this season and the future.

Hopefully by the end of January players would have come in with match fitness and quality to add to the team for this season and the future.
    Again. What's your point ? Yes Kashi will have had a long period out but are you saying he won't now ever get fit ? I think the general consensus is that he's too good for league one. If he is fit in January then all well and good surely.

• Sponsored links:

Again. What's your point ? Yes Kashi will have had a long period out but are you saying he won't now ever get fit ? I think the general consensus is that he's too good for league one. If he is fit in January then all well and good surely.

I think his point is pretty obvious . Hanging any hat on Kashi seems remiss, given his fitness record
  • Redhenry said:

When did the moaning stop?

• wmcf123 said:

Foley is right back and at a pinch midfield cover. That he has started the season in midfield says it all. I'm not criticising the player who is a useful addition to the squad and I would accept there are going to be times in a season where you might need him to play him in midfield to cover injuries. But starting with him in that position! Bloody hell! Then having him in a midfield with Jackson and Crofts. I mean, Bloody hell! Then you get some injuries and .....Bloody hell. This is not how you run a football club of our size in a league we need to get out of as a priority!

I think his point is pretty obvious . Hanging any hat on Kashi seems remiss, given his fitness record
    But he is under contract and when fit will be available. Who's is hanging their hat on Kashi ? It's a real bum hole that he's been injured but that's football for you.

We have an aging central midfield that needs attention. I understand that is taking place. There are not funds to speculate on additional players while players are unfortunately injured. Not in league one anyway.

• shirty5 said:

cafc4life said:

Think he is a goalkeeper, saw a big poster saying "Jesus saves".
  • edited August 2016
    Redrobo said:

shirty5 said:

cafc4life said:

Think he is a goalkeeper, saw a big poster saying "Jesus saves".
    Nah, he's definitely a forward. The poster outside a church in Liverpool many years ago asked the question: "What would you do if Christ came to Liverpool today?". The scouser graffiti response was "Move St John to inside left".
  • A few years later a Liverpool fan was asked what would happen if Christ played in goal for Everton in the local derby ?

Jesus saves but keegan knocks in the rebound,
    came the scallywags reply.
  • Redhenry said:

It hasn't. . It is constant.
  • Redhenry said:

It hasn't. . It is constant.
    And why do you think that is?
  • Declan John? Although not Irish he is a left sider at Cardiff.

Long term injury so sell him.

Or, coupled with how the injury has been handled perhaps he would like to leave.
  • Sponsored links:

Long term injury so sell him.

Or, coupled with how the injury has been handled perhaps he would like to leave.
    Great idea. Clubs queuing up to buy players that have been out for a year and longer.

Think he needs to get games to prove that he's worth signing. Obvious place is with us.

• Richard J said:

Declan John? Although not Irish he is a left sider at Cardiff.

Shouldn't go down the route of signing players with two first names.

I admit though, I was a fan of Mark Stuart.
  • Macronate said:

Richard J said:

Macronate said:

Richard J said:

Graham Stuart?
  • Macronate said:

Richard J said:

Richard Rufus
  • edited August 2016
    Jamie Stuart
    Robert Lee
    Daryl Russell
  • Redhenry said:

Valley11 said:

So any clues about who these 3 newbies are then @Redhenry ?

@Valley11 Don't know who the three supposed newbies are.
    All I know is, we were interested in an Irish player at Cardiff and Dawson wanted to come, not sure the club wanted him though.

Ahh! Just seen the newsshopper piece
    Keep up, Redhenry.

We're relying on you.

• Nortei Nortey
  • Is that an AKA for Danny Dyer?