Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Foley is right back and at a pinch midfield cover. That he has started the season in midfield says it all. I'm not criticising the player who is a useful addition to the squad and I would accept there are going to be times in a season where you might need him to play him in midfield to cover injuries. But starting with him in that position! Bloody hell! Then having him in a midfield with Jackson and Crofts. I mean, Bloody hell! Then you get some injuries and .....Bloody hell. This is not how you run a football club of our size in a league we need to get out of as a priority!

Agree but I think we will have a new central midfielder by Thursday and with Kashi and Diarra due back in the new year.

What we have started with is not ideal by any stretch but at league one level it's just not possible for it to be ideal. The skill of the manager is to get that balance right. No other league club will be operating much differently.

Yes, maybe the likes of Shrewsbury and Northampton! Not a side who which really needs to get out of the league. You think we will have a midfielder by Thursday - you are more of an optimist than me. And as for Kashi and Diawa - I expect setbacks! They have been out for too long! Especially Kashi. They have to be written off and treated as bonuses!
  • Redhenry said:

Valley11 said:

So any clues about who these 3 newbies are then @Redhenry ?

@Valley11 Don't know who the three supposed newbies are.
    All I know is, we were interested in an Irish player at Cardiff and Dawson wanted to come, not sure the club wanted him though.

Sorry that was Brighton not Cardiff. Hence I mentioned Towell before. Late night
  • dickplumb said:
    "One other piece of business that could happen this week is a current player is set to pen a new deal."

Nooooooooooooooo.
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:
    "One other piece of business that could happen this week is a current player is set to pen a new deal."

Nooooooooooooooo.
    Guessing Konsa?
  • edited August 2016
    Valley11 said:

Hmm. Interesting.
    Only Irish player at Cardiff is Pilkington and there's no chance of getting him

Craig Noone is also Irish I believe and only got 7 minutes on Saturday, he'd be an excellent addition.

Correction, quick wiki and he isn't. Don't know if he has Irish family, seem to remember him making a squad.
  • Final day transfer window always a damp squib with us. Not getting hopes up for 3. Think we will get 1. Just an opinion
  • wmcf123 said:

Foley is right back and at a pinch midfield cover. That he has started the season in midfield says it all. I'm not criticising the player who is a useful addition to the squad and I would accept there are going to be times in a season where you might need him to play him in midfield to cover injuries. But starting with him in that position! Bloody hell! Then having him in a midfield with Jackson and Crofts. I mean, Bloody hell! Then you get some injuries and .....Bloody hell. This is not how you run a football club of our size in a league we need to get out of as a priority!

Agree but I think we will have a new central midfielder by Thursday and with Kashi and Diarra due back in the new year.

What we have started with is not ideal by any stretch but at league one level it's just not possible for it to be ideal. The skill of the manager is to get that balance right. No other league club will be operating much differently.

Both Diarra and Kashi will not start 20 games between them this season.

Neither will be with us next season either.
    With respect says you. But asuming they get fit they will be part of the squad and be available to call on and will need games. They will add to the depth. As for not being here next season I suspect you could be right but so what ?

Kashi, by January would have been out for 18 months, Leeds game aside.

Hopefully by the end of January players would have come in with match fitness and quality to add to the team for this season and the future.
    Again. What's your point ? Yes Kashi will have had a long period out but are you saying he won't now ever get fit ? I think the general consensus is that he's too good for league one. If he is fit in January then all well and good surely.

I think his point is pretty obvious . Hanging any hat on Kashi seems remiss, given his fitness record
    Give it till the end of September and I'll be saying they will not start 15 games between them this season!

I'll be consistent on my negativity on this one, the Belgians have to bugger off as they are destroying this club, with or without Kashi or Diarra!

• Sponsored links:

• Foley is right back and at a pinch midfield cover. That he has started the season in midfield says it all. I'm not criticising the player who is a useful addition to the squad and I would accept there are going to be times in a season where you might need him to play him in midfield to cover injuries. But starting with him in that position! Bloody hell! Then having him in a midfield with Jackson and Crofts. I mean, Bloody hell! Then you get some injuries and .....Bloody hell. This is not how you run a football club of our size in a league we need to get out of as a priority!

With respect says you. But asuming they get fit they will be part of the squad and be available to call on and will need games. They will add to the depth. As for not being here next season I suspect you could be right but so what ?

Hopefully by the end of January players would have come in with match fitness and quality to add to the team for this season and the future.
    Again. What's your point ? Yes Kashi will have had a long period out but are you saying he won't now ever get fit ? I think the general consensus is that he's too good for league one. If he is fit in January then all well and good surely.

Long term injury so sell him.

Or, coupled with how the injury has been handled perhaps he would like to leave.
    Great idea. Clubs queuing up to buy players that have been out for a year and longer.

Think he needs to get games to prove that he's worth signing. Obvious place is with us.

You have walked straight into this one amigo, we have been buying players for the past 30 months that had not played for twelve months before signing for us.
  • FFS start a new thread for double christian names. We trawl through enough non-transfer related stuff as it is. Can admin start issuing yellow cards?

John Humphrey
    My favourite ever player.
  • Valley11 said:

Hmm. Interesting.
    Only Irish player at Cardiff is Pilkington and there's no chance of getting him

Craig Noone is also Irish I believe and only got 7 minutes on Saturday, he'd be an excellent addition.

Correction, quick wiki and he isn't. Don't know if he has Irish family, seem to remember him making a squad.
    No it's an Irish Brighton player
  • Oh Back to the Towel puns then......
  • Whoever we sign (if indeed anyone), given potential departures I can't help think that our squad come 1st Sept will probably be even poorer than it is today.
  • edited August 2016
    I've had enough of guessing here, throwing in the Towell.
  • That shithouse Bergdich has signed for Córdoba in Spain
  • Does he get on well with Teixara, can he make a recommendation?
  • edited August 2016

Foley is right back and at a pinch midfield cover. That he has started the season in midfield says it all. I'm not criticising the player who is a useful addition to the squad and I would accept there are going to be times in a season where you might need him to play him in midfield to cover injuries. But starting with him in that position! Bloody hell! Then having him in a midfield with Jackson and Crofts. I mean, Bloody hell! Then you get some injuries and .....Bloody hell. This is not how you run a football club of our size in a league we need to get out of as a priority!

Or, coupled with how the injury has been handled perhaps he would like to leave.
    Great idea. Clubs queuing up to buy players that have been out for a year and longer.

Think he needs to get games to prove that he's worth signing. Obvious place is with us.

You have walked straight into this one amigo, we have been buying players for the past 30 months that had not played for twelve months before signing for us.
    Name one.

Classic example of people posting absolute bollocks.
  • edited August 2016
    For anyone interested.

Nottingham Forest's teenage Scotland international winger Oliver Burke has joined Bundesliga side Red Bull Leipzig for a fee of about £13m.

The 19-year-old, who has signed a five-year contract with the German team, scored in the 3-1 victory over Leeds United on Saturday.

It was the youth team team product's fourth goal for Forest this season.

Sporting director Ralf Rangnick told his club website: "He is an outstanding talent with an awful lot of potential."

Burke made his Forest debut in September 2014 and earned his first international cap against Denmark in March 2015.

Rangnick added: "He fits with the high pace and way of playing very well and will make his next sporting development step with us.

"This transfer is important, especially because several top clubs were interested."
  • Sponsored links:

Name one.

No need to swear.

Name one.

No need to swear.
    Name one

• That's a decent bucket of cash for a -9 year old with less than 30 senior games at forest and Bradford with 6 goals from 27 games.

He is 6'2 though.

£10m for Lookman?
  • For anyone interested.

Nottingham Forest's teenage Scotland international winger Oliver Burke has joined Bundesliga side Red Bull Leipzig for a fee of about £13m.

The 19-year-old, who has signed a five-year contract with the German team, scored in the 3-1 victory over Leeds United on Saturday.

Sporting director Ralf Rangnick told his club website: "He is an outstanding talent with an awful lot of potential."

Burke made his Forest debut in September 2014 and earned his first international cap against Denmark in March 2015.

Rangnick added: "He fits with the high pace and way of playing very well and will make his next sporting development step with us.

"This transfer is important, especially because several top clubs were interested."

Very strange move that. Why would he go there
  • €€€€€
    cafc4life said:

For anyone interested.

• cafc4life said:

For anyone interested.

RB Leipzig have risen rapidly through the German league system, are the biggest team in the old East Germany and are bankrolled by Red Bull, so they are absolutely fucking minted. They'll be one of the bigger names in German football by the end of the decade
  • Oh and LuaLua is being lined up by QPR on loan so I doubt that'll be happening (if it ever was)
  • Blimey I know he's a good prospect but £13m good?
  • edited August 2016

Name one.

No need to swear.
    Name one

Rhys Williams?

Edit: just seen that the original post referred to buying players, not loaning players.