Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I remember thinking Chicksen was really good when seeing him for MK years ago but he's obviously not progressed well since then. He's a decent age though, provides the cover we need at LB and him being free should hopefully mean we can still get in the players we need in other positions. Decent.
  • dickplumb said:

Charlton have agreed a deal with former Brighton defender Adam Chicksen.

The left-back, a free agent after being released by the Seagulls, is set to sign a one-year contract with the SE7 outfit.

The arrival of Chicksen, 24, adds competition again in that area of the pitch after the £400,000 sale of Tareiq Holmes-Dennis last week.

Chicksen has played just shy of 150 first-team matches.

Charlton are still looking to add a couple more players to their squad before Wednesday’s transfer deadline, but the targets identified are proving tricky to conclude.

Bit more sensible! Especially if they really are going to push for promotion this season.
  • dickplumb said:

The left-back, a free agent after being released by the Seagulls, is set to sign a one-year contract with the SE7 outfit.

The arrival of Chicksen, 24, adds competition again in that area of the pitch after the £400,000 sale of Tareiq Holmes-Dennis last week.

Charlton are still looking to add a couple more players to their squad before Wednesday’s transfer deadline, but the targets identified are proving tricky to conclude.

Source?
  • Chicksen sounds a good backup signing... Wont dislodge Fox but gives us experience in that slot should he be injured
  • Swisdom said:

Linked with Barbados u17 player Elijah Downey

On a not what we need but has a decent highlight vid on YouTube for a 17 year old

Seems he's in the uk at the moment on his twitter

Now who's stalking!

• As a free agent, I dont suppose he's had a full pre-season and is lacking match fitness.

Another one that we'll need to wait a few weeks for, until he gets properly fit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

As a free agent, I dont suppose he's had a full pre-season and is lacking match fitness.

Another one that we'll need to wait a few weeks for, until he gets properly fit?

Can play in U21 games and hopefully wont be required too quickly (i.e. Fox wont get injured so Chicksen wont be needed urgently)
  • That Downey kid looks an ideal replacement for Lookie if he goes. Can we play a trialist tomorrow?
  • dickplumb said:

That sounds like that's that then..............................always the optimist!!!
    I was starting to get quite excited waiting for these new signings that will get us 'rushing' back to the Valley.

• dickplumb said:

Source?
    Richard Cawley.

• Hmmm...Fox off to Brum?
  • DOUCHER said:

There will b 3 signings - mark my words

Never understood why people do this.
    because i try and keep the board informed because i'm itk - don't get any thanks for it mind you - in fact it upsets some
  • Swisdom said:

I'm surprised by that. Still yet to see anything of him that makes me think he's worth persisting with

How old is he? I think he's worth a chance.

Rather he gets a go than leaves cheaply.

Seems sound to me.
  • It's an OK signing but a totally unnecessary signing.

I'd rather have THD as the back up to Fox.
  • It's an OK signing but a totally unnecessary signing.

I'd rather have THD as the back up to Fox.

Not if he doesn't want to be here
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016

Fox will scare chicksen

Assuming he doesn't get hounded out :open_mouth: .
  • He definitely doesn't pass the height test!
  • Also, he's no spring Chicksen…
  • That Downey kid looks an ideal replacement for Lookie if he goes. Can we play a trialist tomorrow?

What an untried kid from the Caribbean youth leagues is a good replacement for the best midfielder on our books?
    The days where we sold players and got well scouted replacements are well gone. We are in the desperation league.
  • Hmmm...Fox off to Brum?

Not at all we are signing chicksen to be back up
  • Also, he's no spring Chicksen…

He's a good egg though but may tikka bit of time to settle in.