Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Blucher said:

Good luck to the new lad but it does feel like we really are in serious downsizing mode.

I appreciate that relegation comes with a cost and that it's much bigger these days with the TV and solidarity money than in, say, 1972 when we lost Paul Went and Ray Treacy (but gained Arthur Horsfield). Duchatelet, however, seems to be totally incapable of retaining any player for whom a bid is made. Holmes-Dennis last week, probably Lookman by Wednesday and no doubt he's penciling in a figure for Konsa for next January or June 2017.

Duchatelet has to go or this club is going to continue to wither on the vine and shrink year-on-year.

THD didn't want to stay, and seemingly RS didn't rate him, as he barely played for us this month. On that basis I've no problem with them taking the money.

Lookman is a different situation

You can't compare now with 1972 though, the money is vastly greater now, agents are everywhere, and players have so much power, especially being able to leave for nothing at the end of contracts. It's much harder to keep hold of players
  • CH4RLTON said:

I reallly think chicksen might ruffle a few feathers at this level and whats more we havent had to "lay" out a load of money for him. He might not be first choice in the pecking order , what else can could we cockadoodledo this late in the window.

Ironic that arriving home tonight from a Bank Holiday BBQ with friends locally, our daughter's family discovered that 2 of their 4 hens had been slaughtered by Mr Tod ...

Not eggsactly the best end to a lovely day out.

• CH4RLTON said:

I reallly think chicksen might ruffle a few feathers at this level and whats more we havent had to "lay" out a load of money for him. He might not be first choice in the pecking order , what else can could we cockadoodledo this late in the window.

Ironic that arriving home tonight from a Bank Holiday BBQ with friends locally, our daughter's family discovered that 2 of their 4 hens had been slaughtered by Mr Tod ...
    Bastard must have thought they were Kiely's. :wink:

PS. Not meaning to demean their loss of course Fanny
  • The expression "southern softie" springs to mind!
  • LoOkOuT said:

This thread just crossed 1 million views.

They say, give enough monkeys enough time and they'd bang out Shakespeare on their keyboards. I'm not so sure!

That pay per click advertising must be doing alright! ;)
  • West Brom have signed Nacer Chadli from, Spurs. Always thought he was a decent player. Can't see them wanting Lookman as well...

Undisclosed fee of course

Reported to be £13m. Why anybody would want to play under Tony Pulis is beyond me.
    I would.
  • CH4RLTON said:

You could say its a bit of a coop.
  • iaitch said:

CH4RLTON said:

You could say its a bit of a coop.
    Let's hope he doesn't get roasted first game
  • Sponsored links:

• That Downey kid looks an ideal replacement for Lookie if he goes. Can we play a trialist tomorrow?

The days where we sold players and got well scouted replacements are well gone. We are in the desperation league.
    Not anymore
  • news then Henry?
  • dickplumb said:

Apparently we are close to signing Adam Chicksen , a left back . #cafc

Very good player . Hope it's true
  • I've seen Chicksen quite a few times and he's s much better player than Fox . Exciting going forward and a tough tackler.
    I would be surprised if he came to us as big things were expected of him.
  • Macronate said:

This signing is going to cause division in our squad.

What happens when Slade has Fox, Chicksen and a bag of grain and has to transport them to an island, on a boat, one at a time?

I imagine that Spurs supporting taxi driver would come in handy
  • dickplumb said:

If so how come he hasn't got a club before now and can't nail down a first team spot anywhere?

• I've seen Chicksen quite a few times and he's s much better player than Fox . Exciting going forward and a tough tackler.

A Brighton fan I know doesn't really rate him and it sounds like they have plenty of other options that can play at left back.
  • dickplumb said:

If so how come he hasn't got a club before now and can't nail down a first team spot anywhere?

I have absolutely no idea . He was class at MK Dons though .
  • Just jumped the last 122 pages and feel guilt

I've seen Chicksen quite a few times and he's s much better player than Fox . Exciting going forward and a tough tackler.

I'm told he is signing / signed. Seems like a player that showed potential when breaking through at MK but hasn't delivered it since then.
  • Sponsored links:

So good he's a free agent and no one has taken him in before us....???!!!
  • jamescafc said:

I've seen Chicksen quite a few times and he's s much better player than Fox . Exciting going forward and a tough tackler.

Diarra didn't have a club all season until we signed him in February/March.
  • As a bloke that is nearly 42 years of age and only a real interest in CAFC, although that has waned a fair bit, I know nothing about Chicksen at all. Will wait and see how he performs for us, on the plus side this does feel like a Slade signing, as for Northampton they might have needed to use the wages he would have wanted elsewhere in their team.
  • Larnell Cole, never heard ohf him but a wide midfielder, apparently... http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/08/cole-on-trial-at-charlton/
  • Just skipped the last ten pages or so.
  • Scoham said:

jamescafc said:

Diarra didn't have a club all season until we signed him in February/March.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Diarra is a great player but I'd estimate he's only been available 60% of the time he's been with us due to injury. This is more than likely the reason other clubs at this level won't touch him. I'm reliably informed he's also very well paid which although fair for someone with his CV, I'd be inclined to think we could achieve better value for money elsewhere.
  • Simply because a player is a free agent and has been on trial elsewhere, doesn't mean he's automatically shit. There could be several factors why he didn't sign, not all to do with ability.

Northampton might have been offering a pittance, for example, or Chicksen prefers to live in London, or he wants to play for a team that wears red, or he thinks we are the best place to come to try and become first choice, who knows
  • jamescafc said:

What if northern clubs have offered him deals but he wants to stay south for family reasons?

He might have been on trial at a league 2 club and turned them down in the hope of s league 1 offer.