Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Does anyone have any insider info on the central midfielder/s we are supposed to be signing?
  • Does anyone have any insider info on the central midfielder/s we are supposed to be signing?

Think its pretty obvious that its Louis Thompson that Slade wants. Assume Norwich re looking to strengthen in that area before they let him go out on loan.
  • Remember Chicksen looking pretty good for MK Dons and thinking Brighton was a good move for him. Career has clearly stalled since that move, but to be fair to Slade, if Holmes-Dennis didn't want to be here then replacing him with this sort of player appear to be reasonable business. Interesting that the O/S is saying he could go straight into the squad for tonight.

Glad the deal was done in time, tonight is the obvious game to make his debut, even if only 300 people will be watching!
  • shirty5 said:

Cardiff has terminated the contract of striker Federico Macheda by mutual consent.

6 goals in 27 league apps.

I'd take Macheda, would be good in this league
  • CAFCsayer said:

shirty5 said:

Cardiff has terminated the contract of striker Federico Macheda by mutual consent.

But why did Cardiff terminate his contract? Maybe he's another misfit like the many who have come and gone here under RD.
  • CAFCsayer said:

shirty5 said:

But why did Cardiff terminate his contract? Maybe he's another misfit like the many who have come and gone here under RD.
    Or somebody's agreed a deal to sign him on a contract only, like us with Henderson etc.
  • So that's that excitement done then. Where's the midfielders?
  • no more rumours today please, can we go back to the unfunny puns please?
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

We seem to be buying character now - something curbs used to talk about - something that has been missing since CP left Duchatelet and Meire arrived

• Chicksen signed, has his own thread, and should no longer be mentioned on the rumours thread. He's finished being a small fish in a big pond, let's see if he can handle the pressure of his own thread

I feel like you could have made this into a chicken pun. Poor effort there AFKA
  • Remember Chicksen looking pretty good for MK Dons and thinking Brighton was a good move for him. Career has clearly stalled since that move, but to be fair to Slade, if Holmes-Dennis didn't want to be here then replacing him with this sort of player appear to be reasonable business. Interesting that the O/S is saying he could go straight into the squad for tonight.

play him along with many youth players as possible and get this wanky cup over and done with. Better to play him tonight than risk fix and have to play him on saturday

• Is Larnell Cole a free agent or is he still signed up to another club (Fulham)? If he is a free agent I presume that one will trundle along for a couple of weeks at least.
  • Is Larnell Cole a free agent or is he still signed up to another club (Fulham)? If he is a free agent I presume that one will trundle along for a couple of weeks at least.

Free agent I'm sure, so no rush
  • Didn't he score a couple of goals against us for Cardiff/Birmingham/Blackburn or someone else? I know he's been around a bit since his Man Utd days.
  • Palace sign Benteke and Loic Remy. We sign Adam Chickson. Thanks Roland.

And yet Palace have only scored one goal this season?
  • http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-kagisho-dikgacoi-3273528.aspx

Dikagacoi also released from cardiff...midfielder and injury problems - perfect fit.

Didnt he score against us for palace?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    Nelson Oliveira signed for Norwich from Benfica a couple of hours ago, perhaps that was what was holding up the loan of Louis Thompson? (If of course that rumour is true)
  • edited August 2016

Chicksen's poor first-team appearance record over the last three seasons (all clubs) and subsequent release by Brighton suggests he has gone backwards since leaving MKD in 2013.

On that basis he appears to be a cheap option for the bench, not necessarily a bad thing but again, for those misguided people who think we are moving forward as a club, it looks like a step down to save money.

I disagree . I know your unlikely to give the club any credit at the moment , for good reason ,but believe me , Chicksen will be a very good singing. He's one of those players that will run through a brick wall for you and has the skill to go with it. He's one of those players who could be a real fans favourite .
    To say this signing is a step down is just plain wrong.

I'm not his dad by the way !
    I'm only looking at the data so may be proven wrong. However, if he's a step up from Holmes-Dennis (or par) you'd have wonder why Huddersfield weren't in for him. Or perhaps not!
  • Nelson Oliveira signed for Norwich from Benfica a couple of hours ago, perhaps that was what was holding up the loan of Louis Thompson? (If of course that rumour is true)

Oliveira is a Striker though isnt he?
  • csr_cafc said:

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-kagisho-dikgacoi-3273528.aspx

Dikagacoi also released from cardiff...midfielder and injury problems - perfect fit.

Didnt he score against us for palace?

Interesting one that. Always liked him at Palace. Would certainly give us some legs in midfield, not sure he is particularly creative though.

Surprised he has been released, would expect him to get another Championship Club.
  • Nelson Oliveira signed for Norwich from Benfica a couple of hours ago, perhaps that was what was holding up the loan of Louis Thompson? (If of course that rumour is true)

Oliveira is a Striker though isnt he?
    Listed as a striker but likes to link up play from midfield so could do either job I presume?
  • Isnt Dikagacoi more of a Defensive Midfielder who'll sit in front of the Defence rather than a Creative or Box2Box type?
  • edited August 2016
  • While THD's departure made it clear a back-up LB was needed (or a first choice LB with Fox as the back up), it's been equally obvious for far longer we're still lacking that creative spark in the middle of the park. Russel seems to have managed to wrest most control of transfer business from Katrien's grubby fingers and used it well, so the optimist in me hopes the target is highly rated and thus the lack of apparent progress.

The alternative of course is that a player of the required quality is an expense too far for M. Duchatalet.