Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

cafc4life said:

For anyone interested.

Nottingham Forest's teenage Scotland international winger Oliver Burke has joined Bundesliga side Red Bull Leipzig for a fee of about £13m.

The 19-year-old, who has signed a five-year contract with the German team, scored in the 3-1 victory over Leeds United on Saturday.

It was the youth team team product's fourth goal for Forest this season.

Sporting director Ralf Rangnick told his club website: "He is an outstanding talent with an awful lot of potential."

Burke made his Forest debut in September 2014 and earned his first international cap against Denmark in March 2015.

Rangnick added: "He fits with the high pace and way of playing very well and will make his next sporting development step with us.

"This transfer is important, especially because several top clubs were interested."

Very strange move that. Why would he go there
    RB Leipzig have risen rapidly through the German league system, are the biggest team in the old East Germany and are bankrolled by Red Bull, so they are absolutely fucking minted. They'll be one of the bigger names in German football by the end of the decade
    This, and so that he can play in one of the best leagues in Europe. Nice to see a British player go abroad. I know he is very, very highly rated.
  • Strange one this, apparently its been in the German press for a few weeks and was a three way struggle including Bayern M. No mention of any UK clubs interested.

RB Leipzig are assembling a very young squad from around the world, i think the average age of the outfield players at the weekend was 23, so this signing fits in with their ideas. Another club doing the same is Hoffenheim. .

• So it begins.
  • Probably wouldn't moan at £4m, shame it'll be undisclosed and then reverse-engineered at £800k when the books get published. All hail the master negotiator.....
  • So it begins.

Typical negativity. : - )
    Touché ;0)

• If we do have to lose him, let us hope we have a decent 'sell-on' clause.
  • Bristol city were linked with him yesterday, never going to happen. Links are inevitable at this stage in the press. I'm still hopeful that he'll still be with us come next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we do have to lose him, let us hope we have a decent 'sell-on' clause.

If there is, it'll probably be similar to the Batshuayi deal so that when Lookman is sold on to a top 6 club in 3-4 years time, Roly will pocket about 10m whilst sitting on a beach and we won't get a penny.
  • If Lookman goes it must be for a loan back. No way is he ready for the Prem
  • I'm surprised by that. Still yet to see anything of him that makes me think he's worth persisting with

• Richard Cawley SLP

#cafc working on a couple of deals that likely to be in last couple of days of window. Will be decent signings but are tricky to get done.

@willbollcafc Ones I have heard mentioned are not former players at Charlton.
  • Well, they are quoting the mirror, which has a notoriously bad record at getting football transfers right. (Or anything else for that matter.) It has the highest number of rumours but the lowest success rate at 21% of any of the papers. (So you just know this one has to be the exception that breaks the rule.)
  • I believe HITC works on information supplied by agents.

So it could be an agent somewhere trying to drum up a bit of interest. For all sorts of reasons.
  • Most transfer rumours come from agents. Cawley for example will regularly call agents and clubs for info.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

I'm surprised by that. Still yet to see anything of him that makes me think he's worth persisting with

Only 18 and still an England youth international as far as I know? Can see there being more harm in letting our talent go to someone else than keeping them (unless it's another loan of course).
  • CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Akinwunmi, Barnes, Dijksteel, Bowry, Simpson, Yamfam, Aribo, Triallist, Kennedy (c), Carter. #cafc

Team for U23s today v Col U.

Anyone not playing or on international duty/injured/to be sold plays v Soton.

Trialist back again.
  • CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Akinwunmi, Barnes, Dijksteel, Bowry, Simpson, Yamfam, Aribo, Triallist, Kennedy (c), Carter. #cafc

Trialist back again.

Would rather this team above plays v Southampton

Trialist back again.

This trialist is different. Colchester tweeted the team sheet his name is Larnell Cole a young wide man on loan at Shrewsbury last season. Released by Fulham I believe
  • Danny19 said:

CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Akinwunmi, Barnes, Dijksteel, Bowry, Simpson, Yamfam, Aribo, Triallist, Kennedy (c), Carter. #cafc

Trialist back again.

This trialist is different. Colchester tweeted the team sheet his name is Larnell Cole a young wide man on loan at Shrewsbury last season. Released by Fulham I believe
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larnell_Cole

Aged 23, so would be one for the first team, not the Academy
  • Danny19 said:

CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Akinwunmi, Barnes, Dijksteel, Bowry, Simpson, Yamfam, Aribo, Triallist, Kennedy (c), Carter. #cafc

Trialist back again.

Andy Coles son. Would have been at Man Utd the same sort of time as Ajose.
  • Missed a whole season 14/15 it says on wiki but not why.

Then played 30+ games for Shrewsbury.

Good pedigree in England youth teams but not so impressive since.

Still, he's on trial and he's a midfielder so fingers crossed we've got a decent young player.
  • No relation to Andrew.

Did play with Revellers Morrison so maybe he's coming too : - )
  • Danny19 said:

Trialist back again.

Andy Coles son. Would have been at Man Utd the same sort of time as Ajose.
    Not related to Andy Cole. His son is now at Fleetwood

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324844/Larnell-Cole--need-know-Manchester-Uniteds-hat-trick-hero.html