Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Danny19 said:

CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Akinwunmi, Barnes, Dijksteel, Bowry, Simpson, Yamfam, Aribo, Triallist, Kennedy (c), Carter. #cafc

Team for U23s today v Col U.

Anyone not playing or on international duty/injured/to be sold plays v Soton.

Trialist back again.

This trialist is different. Colchester tweeted the team sheet his name is Larnell Cole a young wide man on loan at Shrewsbury last season. Released by Fulham I believe
    Andy Coles son. Would have been at Man Utd the same sort of time as Ajose.
    Not related to Andy Cole. His son is now at Fleetwood

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324844/Larnell-Cole--need-know-Manchester-Uniteds-hat-trick-hero.html
    From that article, looks like he's more of a winger/forward. Not the creative mid we were looking for, more like a replacement for Lookman...
  • Danny19 said:

CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Akinwunmi, Barnes, Dijksteel, Bowry, Simpson, Yamfam, Aribo, Triallist, Kennedy (c), Carter. #cafc

Trialist back again.

This trialist is different. Colchester tweeted the team sheet his name is Larnell Cole a young wide man on loan at Shrewsbury last season. Released by Fulham I believe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324844/Larnell-Cole--need-know-Manchester-Uniteds-hat-trick-hero.html
    From that article, looks like he's more of a winger/forward. Not the creative mid we were looking for, more like a replacement for Lookman...
    He made his United debut in the same match as Paul Pogba...whatever happened to him!
  • Danny19 said:

Trialist back again.

I think your jumping to conclusions there. Yeah we may sell lookman but news shopper reported we are looking for a forward/winger anyway to add reinforcements regardless of lookman staying or going

• edited August 2016

No relation to Andrew.

Did play with Revellers Morrison so maybe he's coming too : - )

Danny19 said:

Trialist back again.

Thanks chaps. I was confusing him with Brian Devante.
  • Linked with Barbados u17 player Elijah Downey

On a not what we need but has a decent highlight vid on YouTube for a 17 year old

Seems he's in the uk at the moment on his twitter
  • West Brom have signed Nacer Chadli from, Spurs. Always thought he was a decent player. Can't see them wanting Lookman as well...

Undisclosed fee of course
  • West Brom have signed Nacer Chadli from, Spurs. Always thought he was a decent player. Can't see them wanting Lookman as well...

Reported to be £13m. Why anybody would want to play under Tony Pulis is beyond me.

Reported to be £13m. Why anybody would want to play under Tony Pulis is beyond me.
    Play under Puĺis? Erm not sure!

£70,000 pw? Sure thing!

The Mirror story stated Chadli plus £15m deal for Malaga's Ignacio Camacho and £4m for Lookman.
  • Crusty54 said:

West Brom have signed Nacer Chadli from, Spurs. Always thought he was a decent player. Can't see them wanting Lookman as well...

The Mirror story stated Chadli plus £15m deal for Malaga's Ignacio Camacho and £4m for Lookman.
    Crucial words there being 'The Mirror'. I mean, I am not sure that Lookman is still going to be here this time next week but not because the Mirror said anything!
  • Sponsored links:

• Motherwell's Marvin Johnson has handed in a transfer request, left sided winger. Nothing to say we're after him but it's possible. Oxford have been leading with bids it seems bit Hibs also rumoured to be linked. Only mentioning it as Russel said he wanted a left sided winger and we've obviously been looking north for cheaper buys.
  • Is Lookman going to be worth less money in January? He is a player who might make the difference!
  • dickplumb said:

Apparently we are close to signing Adam Chicksen , a left back . #cafc

Out of contract, young and cheap. Charlton criteria complete.
  • dickplumb said:

Used to play for MK dons, good player
  • He had a spell at Leyton Orient in 2012, I presume Slade was there then.
  • Hmm, Dean Lewington kept him out of the MK Dons team & he couldn't get the first team spot at Brighton either. I can't say I've heard of him.
  • Davo55 said:

dickplumb said:

Used to play with Ken Tuckyfride
    Depending on what mood the manager was in at the time - he was an alternative option to Pete Ze Hutt.
  • Where is the midfielder we need?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hmm, Dean Lewington kept him out of the MK Dons team & he couldn't get the first team spot at Brighton either. I can't say I've heard of him.

I guess all RS wants for this position is someone as a reasonable backup for Fox, rather than someone significantly better
  • Davo55 said:

dickplumb said:

Used to play with Ken Tuckyfride
    Depending on what mood the manager was in at the time - he was an alternative option to Pete Ze Hutt.
    Sod 'em both. Dom Enoes would be the much tastier signing.
  • From what I have seen from Chicksen (which is only a handful of appearances while at MK) he's better going forward than he is defending.
  • Richard Cawley says Chicksen is signing
  • From what I have seen from Chicksen (which is only a handful of appearances while at MK) he's better going forward than he is defending.

So a perfect replacement for THD...

• Charlton have agreed a deal with former Brighton defender Adam Chicksen.

The left-back, a free agent after being released by the Seagulls, is set to sign a one-year contract with the SE7 outfit.

The arrival of Chicksen, 24, adds competition again in that area of the pitch after the £400,000 sale of Tareiq Holmes-Dennis last week.

Chicksen has played just shy of 150 first-team matches.

Charlton are still looking to add a couple more players to their squad before Wednesday’s transfer deadline, but the targets identified are proving tricky to conclude.
  • Northampton didn't take him on after trial