Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Up yours Pardew!

Comments

• Options

Just a point now above the relegation zone.

True. But let's not get our hopes up - with Zaha, Puncheon, Townsend, Benteke, Remy, Wickham there's plenty of goals in that team. And the jammy bastards have once again got lucky with there being 3 worse teams in the Division.

It would take a manager of great ineptitude to take them down. Step forward Alan Pardew.
    I think the names are actually bigger than their actually goalscoring prowess would suggest.

In the last two seasons Zaha, Puncheon, Townsend and Wickham have only managed 20 goals between them in 170 appearances and have so far this season netted just 3 goals in total. Remy has yet to kick a ball for Palace and Benteke has 4 to his name.

The three "worst" teams at this time of year don't always go down. In fact, there is always one who gets dragged down into the mire. So why shouldn't the side that has managed just 5 wins this year not be one of those to be relegated?

Let's hope so.

I never like to wish ill on a player but I have to admit I was quite happy when I found out Remy would be out for months. I really rate him as a goalscorer and I think if he'd started the season fit they wouldn't have had any problems in front of goal.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

It's all because they play Glad All Over before the game.

If 'BIG IF' the stripey's get relegated, i'd love to hear this tune belted out at the Valley before a game, If we're not being relegated ourselves.
  • Options
    Not true. What about Hull, for example?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    IdleHans said:

They collected more points in the Championship. Doesn't say Premier League points.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

They collected more points in the Championship. Doesn't say Premier League points.
    Well done! I'm glad those stats hold up.
  • Options
    Sunderland and Swansea will come good.
  • Options
    My favourite thread title ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Five PL defeats on the bounce. Still no clean sheet since April. Providing West Ham draw at least, Palace will be 4th bottom, only a point above Hull and just three ahead of Sunderland.

Like many clubs he's managed before it won't be long, if it hasn't happened already, before the players see him for what he is. Because it seems their fans have already:

I just thought I'd let my feelings know. It was the Final straw for me today

Get rid of the t***.

Rot has set in again, 5 on the bounce.

Looking at Watford hanging on to a win against Leicester. We can't even hang on to a draw any more.

Bored of this bell end in charge, winging it

Rant over bye parlose!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Short of him getting pancaked by a runaway double decker bus of course, this has to be the sweetest of outcomes. The big nosed twat ensuring deserved relegation for those jammy diving stripey cnuts!!!
  • Options
    I watched the palarse v city game on a stream (after the rugby). They are so many light years above us at the moment it made me want to weep. The atmosphere was amazing, especially compared with our toxic home games. They have decent players who give it their all and gave city a bit of a scare. Unfortunately they are unlikely to go down but in football it can all change quite quickly. Just look at us and Blackpool! And just to think I was delighted when Duchatelet took over from the spivs!
  • Options
    I hadn't realised MKD had been so bad this year, though I can't imagine we're that many places above them!
  • Options
    We must be 86th.

Keep screwimg up palace pardew

A nice long painful death.
  • Options
    As we have numerous times with Pardew, once he goes on a losing run at a club he never seems to halt it. Always does well shirt term, then the ego comes more into it
  • Options
    Sun says today (I know, I know...) he has got one game left to turn things around and if they lose at Swansea on Saturday, he will be sacked.

Mixed feelings. Obviously would love to see the bloke sacked (although no doubt he will walk away with another huge pay-off) but the longer he stays, the more the [outside] chance they will go down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Ha.

Just worked out ours is (i think) 44 points from 39 games.
  • Options
    All thoroughly enjoyable. Even if they don't get relegated it's nice to know he's having to endure a miserable run - again. Like everyone keen to see him fail I'd noticed the familiar dip in results, but I hadn't realised how porous the defence has become, a real Pardew trait that he seldom knows how to mend. Perhaps he could loan a series of disinterested wingers and journeymen.
  • Options

Sun says today (I know, I know...) he has got one game left to turn things around and if they lose at Swansea on Saturday, he will be sacked.

Mixed feelings. Obviously would love to see the bloke sacked (although no doubt he will walk away with another huge pay-off) but the longer he stays, the more the [outside] chance they will go down.

If they have Karel Fraeye lined-up to replace him that would remove any mixed feelings I have

Sounds like Allardyce might be the replacement
  • Options

22 points in 31 matches takes some doing when you've had the likes of Bollasie, Zaha, Benteke, Puncheon, Townsend, Cabaye etc etc at your disposal.

Which makes you think they should've invested in some defenders.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

JiMMy 85 said:

Ha.

Just worked out ours is (i think) 44 points from 39 games.
    Yeah thats what I work it out to be too... We got 40-pts last season but after the last game of 2015 we were on just 19-pts (meaning the second half of the season saw us get 21-pts) whilst this season to date we've picked up 23-pts.

From all the other relegated sides (i.e. the easy choices as they will have had low points from last season).

Newcastle United ... 60-pts
    Doncaster Rovers ... 48-pts
    Bolton Wanderers ... 47-pts
    Blackpool ... 45-pts
    CHARLTON ATHLETIC ... 44-pts
    Norwich City ... 41-pts
    Crewe Alexandra ... 37-pts
    Colchester United ... 37-pts
  • Options
    Been told that nice Mr Parrish spoke with Allardyce yesterday.

Shame as I was enjoying watching Pardew make such a balls up of a very decent side who should be challenging for top ten in the Premier with their squad.
  • Options
    Lol crooked allardyce is a perfect fit...
  • Options
    Abysmal points collection from them. Can't understand how they weren't relegated last season, I presume they had a strong end to 2015?